PDA

View Full Version : Empire City Infiltration Issue

ExcelsiorSyzygy
06-29-2009, 07:44 PM
I seem to be stuck. While attempting to get into Empire City and disable the catapult, the game says to dress up 16 minions as Legionaries to fool the guards. Ok, fine, so I dressed up 40. Then Gnarl says to find the possession gate and lead them over. Well, it's right next to the tent, so that wasn't too difficult to find. Problem I have is that while in possession, my max horde size is 9. I tried leading them all back around as the Overlord and getting the catapult to smash the rocks next to where you go through while possessing a minion and that didn't seem to work either. Anybody have any ideas what I am missing?

Telekiller7
06-29-2009, 08:00 PM
I seem to be stuck. While attempting to get into Empire City and disable the catapult, the game says to dress up 16 minions as Legionaries to fool the guards. Ok, fine, so I dressed up 40. Then Gnarl says to find the possession gate and lead them over. Well, it's right next to the tent, so that wasn't too difficult to find. Problem I have is that while in possession, my max horde size is 9. I tried leading them all back around as the Overlord and getting the catapult to smash the rocks next to where you go through while possessing a minion and that didn't seem to work either. Anybody have any ideas what I am missing?

when you send minions onto the possessing stone, you only sent 10
(1 you become and the 9 you had), send em ALL

ExcelsiorSyzygy
06-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Oh for crying out loud *hangs head in shame*. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, I'd ponder how I missed that, however, I prefer to never speak of it again. :p

BIGBalliN103
06-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Dont feel bad. That took me a while to figure out too.

GrimReaper20001
06-29-2009, 09:01 PM
on a side note you might want to only send 16 cause i got attacked with a full horde disguised but maybe i did something else wrong.

Caboose Zero
06-30-2009, 12:53 AM
on a side note you might want to only send 16 cause i got attacked with a full horde disguised but maybe i did something else wrong.

The amount you send dosn't effect the troops attacking you, it's always the same. No matter the ammount.

Ketua
06-30-2009, 10:45 PM
You have to make sure to run yourself (as a minion) into the tent for the disguise to you.. also I noticed a lot of my minions would not play dress up the first time I sent them in. If even 1 minion isn't dressed up you all get attacked.

Also if you get spotted by a Sentinel even if you kill that sentinel all the imperials will still attack you. This whole section here was very annoying I had to do it like 5 times to get it right. Here's how I did it.

1) Dress up minions, I Did All of mine. Check the number above the tent. It goes down as minions get dressed (you being a minion and getting dressed does NOT lower the number). So make sure before you go anywhere that the number above the tent goes down by exactly the number of minions with you. If it's off by even a little retarget and send more minions, fortunately the game recognizes who's dressed up and who's not and only sends undressed minions to the tent.

2) Get the gargantuan to smash the Gate. I don't think this guy causes any damage at all for this section. I just stood in front of the gate and let him mow me down, took no damage and he opened the gate.

3) Kill first sentinel. He's directly in front of you after you pass through the gate. Wait there until the gargantuan and both wave of imperials go past you and away towards the city. Simply because it's nearly impossible to target the Sentinel until they're gone. Then let the red light of where he's looking pass to the left, and sweep your minions to him (no RT, sometimes he'll spot the trail of minions running to him before he goes down then you're F'ed).

4)Kill the second Sentinel. This guy is a B!&@# In the direction the gargantuan and the Imperials went, across the main road. You CANNOT bring this guy down on your own, (God this ticked me off, there's absolutely NO clue about this until you've tried to kill him 15 times, and then you just accidentally stumble onto the answer.) To get this guy you have to time it out, he has a red circle that moves around his tower, out into the field where the other sentinel and the gargantuan are and then comes back again. You have to let the Red area go out, then charge his tower so your minions are attacking it, but ONLY do this if the Gargantuan is close enough to see them, he'll charge the minions at the tower and slam into it knocking it down. That's the ONLY way to drop this Sentinel.

5)Kill the last sentinel. Easy once you've done the rest, since this guy's circle is only looking at one spot on the main road and is the only reason you had to do all this in the first place. Again, have the gargantuan charge his tower, no timing issue here since the guy is looking a mile away.

6) Kill the gargantuan. At this point the gargantuan will start taking damage. Kill him with your minions, or go back to the Overlord and come back to handle him personally.

7) Go to the Senator's mansion. DO NOT go down the main road to the CITY, if you start getting hit by a catapult you went the wrong way. (I went into the city, I mean after all that Who the F remembers we were after a fricking Sedan Chair? I certainly didn't. My objective was kill all these F'ers and get into the fricking city already.) Follow the main road back the other way.. If you are standing on the road, with your back to the first sentinel and facing the second sentinel, to your left is the way you want to go to get to the senator's mansion.

No more big challenges from here, just go there, destroy his mansion, kill/dominate him and his wife, grab the chair with your minions and get into it(walk right up to the front of the chair, game doesn't tell you that either, just keeps saying deal with the Senator to the point I thought I HAD to kill the guy, then I ended up reloading my save cause I was on the Dom path.)

All in all this little section takes about 5-10 minutes if you know what you're doing and 2 F'ed up hours if you don't have a guide or psychic clairvoyant powers.

Have fun.

MattyB
07-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Oh for crying out loud *hangs head in shame*. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, I'd ponder how I missed that, however, I prefer to never speak of it again. :p

I was doing the same exact thing - don't feel bad! Glad I figured it out by reading this thread. Thanks! :)