PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Locations Guide

ponypo2001
06-30-2009, 01:14 AM
Writing this as an accompaniment to my achievement guide.This will help you to get all crystals in the game.Make sure you buy the crystals from the store as well as these count towards your final total.

Sid's early start

1 - Automatically collected after learning double jump. Can't be missed.

2 - Straight after defeating the molehogs, after going through the cave. Picked up automatically, can't be missed.

3 - Automatically collected after defeating the birds on the ground, throw a snowball to knock the crystal out of the tree.

Baby Proofing

1 - To the right of the store statue. Floating above the toadstool

2 - Go to the back of the playground area near the swings and see-saw. Jump on the toadstools and go as high as you can, just behind the tree the swing is hanging from. Crystal floating in mid air - jump and grab it.

3 - During the section throwing mud at the Rhinos, in plain view on the massive tree stump in the centre of the area.

Pursuit

1 - On the left just after crossing the second patch of water,shortly after being told how to powerslide.

2 - On the right straight after the second patch of ground ice.Be sure you don't catch the gazelle early else you won't be able to get this crystal as the level ends as soon as you catch him.

3 - Not too long after the second crystal,you will see the final one in the middle of a short patch of water.Right in the middle of the screen so hard to miss.

Lonesome Sloth

1 - After walking through the first tunnel,turn right and follow the ledge up.

2 - After passing the swinging spiders there is a tunnel to the left, just accross from a stream. Go into tunnel, in plain view.

3 - After bouncing up the first set of toadstools you reach the room with spiders and molehogs.Work your way up the platforms and accross the toadstools until you reach a campfire. Behind the campfire there is a cave entrance covered by spider webs. Burn the webs and follow the tunnel through. Keep following to the left and you'll enter a corridor with lots and lots of spiders. Keep walking down there and you'll see the crystal at the back of the room.

Egbert, Shelly and Yoko

1 - After jumping over the first tree, as you make your way towards the screen, it's on the left of the screen on some thin ice.

2 - After dropping down the hole on egg roll 2, jump over the tree and go up the slope at the side.

3 - After crossing the stone bridge on egg roll 3, turn left and follow the path accross. Grab the crystal and quickly roll back before the patform collapses.

Run sid, run!

1 - As soon as you've been told how to dodge, it's right in the middle of the path.

2 - Immediately after Sid says "faster than a speeding rhino", in the middle of the path.

3 - Very soon after that, Sid will say "no wonder they're extinct", in the middle of the path.

Nuts about Scratte

1 - When prompted on how to do the slam attack, slam the switch and the crystal appears on a ledge on the opposite side.

2 - After passing two spiders, jump accross the ledge. Jump again onto a toadstool and onto the next ledge. Jump again onto the next toadstool, then the next, then use that toadstool to bounce up to the high platform at the left. The jump left twice more to pick up the crystal.

3 - Shortly after that, keep going right and you'll come to another slam switch. Do the same as the first one on this level.

ponypo2001
06-30-2009, 01:17 AM
Buck to the rescue

1 - Shortly after the level starts, you'll jump accross three platforms. The crystal is to the right on the third platform.

2 - During the vine sliding section, after sliding off the first dinosaur, jump left, left, right, stay on the right vine until you pick the crystal up.

3 - After swinging accross the two bars, and fighting past the plants, it's tucked behind a large rock formation.

Flower power

1 - Just after jumping off the hanging rock, make your way up and kill the first plant you see. Jump up the ledges to the left until you get the crystal.

2 - After climbing to the top of the big tree, as you exit the tree, turn left and jump over to the leaf, then quickly jump back as the leaf collapses.

3 - When you come to the vine sliding section, in plain view on the vine.

Root of All Evil

1 - As soon as level starts,walk round to the left and its in plain view

2 - When you are told to shoot the petals,the crystal will appear in plain view if you walk round the plant

3 - Once u are told to use the goop,it appears same as number 2

Scrats Jungle Jive

1 - Not far into the level,look for turquoise leaves.Climb these to a ledge on the right.Ledge has a strawberry underneath

2 - After being told how to ceiling hang,jump on top of the conker and its in plain view on an upper ledge.

3 - At the top of the first gust of air

Expect the Unexpected

1 - After killing the hive,its lying at the foot of the central rock in the open.

2 - Ride the pachysaur after the tricerotops boss fight and smash the wall.

3 - You will come to a section after covering the poison plants with honey with a wall run and jump onto some monkey bars.Turn around on the bars and swing to the platform.The crystal is down the steps.

Noisy Nightlife

1 - Keep shooting the ankylosaurus and when his health runs out he drops the crystal

2 - Keep shooting iguanodon till he drops it

3 - Finally, keep shooting the kentrosaur for the final one

Flight of the Pterodactyl

1 - On the 2nd flame geyser.easy to spot

2 - On the 2nd geyser after the first

3 - Straight after crystal 2 on another geyser

ponypo2001
06-30-2009, 01:24 AM
Saving Sid

1 - Just after Buck says "these plants are dangerous" towards the start,its in clear view by a spitting plant

2 - After shooitng the 2nd lot of yellow flowers after breaking the hive.In the middle of the area

3 - Almost immediately after smashing the next lot of flowers in the middle again

Rudy's Revenge

1 - Straight atfer Sid says "what big teeth you have" in the centre of the path

2 - When you hear Sid say "the floor is missing", stay central as the next is in the middle shortly after

3 - Once again in the centre shortly after sid says "i could do with some snow right now"

Scrats Tar Pit

1 - When you come to wall jump tree with the hornet in it.Slam the rock switch just to the right of the tree and then jump up the tree and shoot out of the flower cannon to grab it.Be quick cos it resets

2 - When you arrive at the gusts of air,ride them up and then to the right on the platform.

3 - After crossing the celing walk with the 2 hornets,smack the floor switch then go back to collect the crystal

Grave Danger

1 - After crossing the first tar pit and doing the wall jumps/swings,you have a choice of going left or right.Go left and follow the platforms down to reach it.

2 - On the 3rd tar pit after tricerotops fight,after you water the 4 leaves to get across the high platforms,you should see it below you.Take a big jump down to it from the last leaf.

3 -When you get to the boulder rolling part,keep going forwards against the wind and instead of dropping down the hole to finish the level,roll forwards to collect the last crystal here.

Skeleton Bridge

1 - After pulling down the first stlagtite and doing the following set of jumps to get to the second section, look behind you and swing over to it at the point you would replenish your ammo.

2 - After the second stlagtite, again follow the series of jumps and it's behind you as the first one.

3 - When you slide down the dino spine after the third stlagtite it's in plain view. Jump to grab it.

DollarBill04
07-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Sweet. Ill be usin this later on. Great work, guy.

dreamweaver1984
07-02-2009, 09:00 PM
great guide. they are all exactly where you said A+

SengIV
07-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Nice...thank you!!!

THE NICK1987
07-04-2009, 12:09 AM
It's a great guise, i had the laptop by myside through playing this, took me just over 2 hours of playtime!

but i've gotta add one thing, it doesn't even need a guide, everything is in clear view throughout the story mode!

cheers, now to complete 1000 and get the challenges done!

jobys
07-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Great guide. I had two that really Pee'd me off and found them thanks to this! Cheers

Grishrak
07-08-2009, 10:43 AM
For some reason I can't find the second jewel in Flower power. Is it the tree with the bees in it? I looked to the left and right and I can't find the jewel.

ponypo2001
07-08-2009, 03:10 PM
For some reason I can't find the second jewel in Flower power. Is it the tree with the bees in it? I looked to the left and right and I can't find the jewel.

To my recollection,there is only one tree in that level that you do anything with and it is indeed the one with the beehive.Look to the left as you exit.

Grishrak
07-08-2009, 06:24 PM
To my recollection,there is only one tree in that level that you do anything with and it is indeed the one with the beehive.Look to the left as you exit.

Yeah the second tree when you leave you have to slide. I always end up missing something at the end of the game keeping me from 100%. Great guide for the crystals and achievements though.

a_correa4
07-09-2009, 12:10 PM
I just say pass all the levels first without worrying about the Crystals! Same up your Loot to buy most of them at the shop! Then go back and reply the ones you missed and get them, and quickly die. After exit the screen and grab the rest you need!

-Sonic-
07-09-2009, 07:43 PM
I've gotta say, it's hard to believe this is only your second guide. Nicely written and worded in a way that makes it easy to understand so there's no confusion. Most excellent work, sir.

montrossity
07-11-2009, 04:32 AM
nice guide. thanks.

tadpeters
07-11-2009, 05:30 AM
This was a helpful guide. Thanks.

A 2rue boofer
07-16-2009, 01:46 AM
Great Crystal guide :)

Barrow 20
07-16-2009, 05:55 AM
Great guide man. It was very easy to follow. It helped my wife and I complete the crystal achievements. Thanks.

Hamster
07-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Great guide man, got all the crystals in one playthrough. Thanks;)

steph2790
07-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Please please could somebody help me find the amber crystal on the Lonesome Sloth level, i looked and looked where it says it should be for hours and cannot find it anywhere. Also how come when you scroll through the levels after finishing the game, why when you count up the crystals there aren't 16? becuase ive found all the red, blue and purple ones but there are only about 14 when you count them from each level? do you get crystals from doing the challenges? I know ive only missed an amber one but have no achivements for collecting all if the other colours. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

SwatTJ
07-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Also how come when you scroll through the levels after finishing the game, why when you count up the crystals there aren't 16? becuase ive found all the red, blue and purple ones but there are only about 14 when you count them from each level? do you get crystals from doing the challenges? I know ive only missed an amber one but have no achivements for collecting all if the other colours. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

I'm guessing you haven't bought the crystals from the store. That should solve that problem.

As for the one in the Lonesome Sloth level, which number crystal is the amber one?

HalfEVILmonkey
07-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Thank you very much pony for putting this and the guide together. Will definitely come in handy next week when I start the game. Again, thank you!

run187
07-24-2009, 06:03 PM
thanks got em all .now i just need chalanges then i can give this game away:)..

Lilnag123
07-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Great guide's on the location crystals and achievement ;)

Wolfgar61
07-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Little help please, on the challenge The pursuit (Diego's challenge), I'm missing the first crystal. Guide says on left shortly after learning powerslide. Have replayed several times to no avail, anyone else have this problem/ideas?

Wolfgar61
07-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Nevermind, turned on BIG crystals and it was the last, not first one! Guide is spot on, me not so much...

Elvia
07-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Great guide! Thanks!!

Wolfgar61
07-26-2009, 02:50 AM
Found all Crystals, thanks Ponypo.

buffalo29
08-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Great guide, thanks for sharing. Finally got all the crystals offline a few minutes. Now on to the dreaded challenges:mad:

NUTZILLA313
08-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Excellent guide, made it a breeze finding them all, especially since the levels aren't too big. Didn't really understand how you could buy some crystals and for some you couldn't...weird. Thanks alot again.:uzi::eek:

SWAGGART
09-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks for this guide made things run alot smoother!

newbsicle
09-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the guide.

I M1K3Y B I
10-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Perfect guide, really helped :)

HalfEVILmonkey
11-19-2009, 11:15 PM
I just wanted to drop a quick note of thanks for the guide. It was excellent for getting all of the crystals. Very much appreciate you taking the time to make this.

TriRock
11-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Thank you for this excellent guide. The crystal locations were most accurate, it was easy finding them following your instructions.

Can't wait for your next guide. :D

MGaleotti
11-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Yes my friend thanks for this I'll print this out and use this once my game comes through the mail. Gotta love Gamefly.

DudeWithTheFace
12-05-2009, 08:39 AM
So the amber crystal on lonesome sloth may have glitched for me...I'm almost positive I got it at one point, but regardless it is missing from my slot and never where the guide mentions. It is supposed to be in plain sight in the cave on the left but i can not see it even though im pretty sure i know of the cave. any ideas though, before i delete my progress and collect them all again? :(

Here is my idea of where it is:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8022/mail1z.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7576/mail2v.jpg

aSMiLoN
01-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Hello everybody have a Happy New Year :drunk

I'm stuck at the third crystal in Lonesome Sloth. If my undestanding of the guide is correct, it should be whithin the cave that you fight a lot of spiders and if you walk to the end of it the is a campfire that can be lit up.

I cannot seem to find it and I believe I've searched everywhere, could somebody please help with this one? Is it somewhere else, or I need to do something additional?

===Edit===

Well I found it, as it turns out I was way to far from the real location. I was looking at the around the end of the stage but it was around on the middle of it.

xMANNY FRE5Hx
01-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Ok. I'm having a REALLY hard time getting the 2nd crystal in Noisy Nightlife when the other two were cake. It's were you have to shoot the big dino's for the crystal. This is ridiculous. Has this happened to anybody??

Got it!!

Great guide

Rossa
02-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Nice guide, thanks for the effort in producing it... much appreciated :-) :woop:

ADenton109
02-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Excellent guide everything clear and easy to find. Thank you.

East1999Eternal
02-16-2010, 04:33 AM
Thanks very much for your guide to a surprisingly fun kids game :)

PointPlaceWI
02-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Great guide, thanks. I thought the achievements glitched for me at the end of the game. I then read over your guide again and noticed you had to buy crystals from the shops... Whoops!

Seamus McLimey
03-20-2010, 07:45 AM
Great guide man, simple and concise. Keep em coming.

ferrara316
03-21-2010, 10:48 PM
umm why can i not find the 3rd pursuit crystal? it says its hard to miss, but i dont see anything. i went through this level over 20 times and still no luck

EDIT: I found it, but the wording in the guide is absolutely horrible for this one...

3 - Not too long after the second crystal,you will see the final one in the middle of a short patch of water.Right in the middle of the screen so hard to miss.

It should not have said "Not too long" and "Hard to miss" as i was assuming it was right after the 2nd one. This crystal is literally at the end of the run, so therefor it was "Way Past the second crystal" and "You will miss this if you catch the gazelle too early". I got to it with less than 10 seconds left on the clock. Overall a great guide, but the wording is pretty bad on this one.

Mosizzle313
03-22-2010, 02:36 AM
very helpful, thanks man.

Emcee Shadow
07-29-2010, 02:40 AM
Thank you so much! Couldn't do them all without this guide :woop:
This was actually a pretty fun game to play despite what others may say :P

frankburns
08-05-2010, 12:26 AM
thanks great guide

E vee dub
10-19-2010, 05:14 AM
Thank you for your work on the guide.

Simple enough game. Simple enough guide.

eddriver
10-21-2010, 12:52 AM
Thanks mate this guide is perfect made this go a lot quicker

Tyger7
01-07-2011, 01:32 AM
Lonesome Sloth

2 - After passing the swinging spiders there is a tunnel to the left, just accross from a stream. Go into tunnel, in plain view.

You must have a torch to get through a web blocking your path here.

You could add that bit of info, as I didn't know this and had to backtrack to grab another one.

JAW LV
01-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Lonesome Sloth

You must have a torch to get through a web blocking your path here.

You could add that bit of info, as I didn't know this and had to backtrack to grab another one.

^^^ I just finished the game and ran into the same thing. There was another collectibe that was a bit off but I lost my note about it. If I can find it I will edit this post... I don't think the OP is monitoring this thread anymore though.

Either way though a near perfect guide; I wouldn't have found several crystals without it :)

bartrum
02-01-2011, 10:20 PM
3 - After bouncing up the first set of toadstools you reach the room with spiders and molehogs.Work your way up the platforms and accross the toadstools until you reach a campfire. Behind the campfire there is a cave entrance covered by spider webs. Burn the webs and follow the tunnel through. Keep following to the left and you'll enter a corridor with lots and lots of spiders. Keep walking down there and you'll see the crystal at the back of the room.

There is no crystal there at all!!

Help

chernid
02-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Hi, thanks for this guide, it is great. But I can't get the 2nd crystal on Noisy Nightlife. I keep shooting the dino, but he disapears b4 i can kill him.

chernid
02-13-2011, 10:39 AM
yep, to me

Vicktacular
03-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the guide man. Worked perfectly and never had to replay a level. Props.

EVIL NOCTURNE
06-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Its guides like these that amke these easy games even easier. Thanks. It was completely detailed wirth nothing confusing. extremely straight forward.

GivingPineapple
07-18-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm guessing you haven't bought the crystals from the store. That should solve that problem.

As for the one in the Lonesome Sloth level, which number crystal is the amber one?
im having problems too its the last crystal I need :| the amber crystal is number 2 in the guide, just can't find it anywhere probably doing a normal trick and walking straight past it as per usual!

sighon
08-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Thank you for this guide its been alot of help

Gnomestone
02-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Weird I can't find the third crystal in "Pursuit". I have no idea what I'm missing. I think it's a glitch. The first two were incredibly easy and this one is supposedly "hard to miss" and I can't find it after multiple tried. How much time on the clock will be left when I get it?

EDIT: Turns out I was catching the Gazelle too fast. The guide is wrong when it says it is shortly after the second crystal. You will find the third crystal with just around 10 seconds left on the clock.

Dunadan
09-15-2012, 02:41 PM
This has been a great help. Thank you.

Arsenic 17
09-18-2012, 03:38 AM
Thank you very much the descriptions were very good and accurate. Quite easy to follow. I am sure a lot of work went into this. Cheers mate!

TheRealClayman
12-09-2012, 03:31 AM
Thanks for the guide. they weren't too hard but the guide made it that much easier!

Trimbler
01-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Got through the game and had missed something like 7 crystals. Guide was spot on and easy to follow. Great work. Cheers.

MeonOner
04-09-2013, 05:18 AM
Looks like Ive gotten all the crystals but my crystals achievements haven't popped. Anyone also had this problem happen ?

EDIT: Okay so never mind. Apparently you have to buy them from the store. WTF kind of shit is that. This information should be included in the main guide. Now to complete those challenges.

djrapperz
07-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Ive got all the crystals fprthe levels but its not saying ive got 16. Do u get crystals in challenges or is it all in palythrough

djrapperz
07-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Looks like Ive gotten all the crystals but my crystals achievements haven't popped. Anyone also had this problem happen ?

EDIT: Okay so never mind. Apparently you have to buy them from the store. WTF kind of shit is that. This information should be included in the main guide. Now to complete those challenges.

Had same problem thanks for pointing it out i now have the chevos :)