PDA

View Full Version : How do you boost ranked matches?

KSizzle
06-30-2009, 09:24 PM
I posted this in the ach. trading thread, but seeing as I have someone to boost it with, I guess that wasn't the proper thread. Everytime I set up a ranked match a random competitor joins before my friends can. Is there a way around this or is it incredibly hard to match up like other recent games? I've only been able to play against friends on Unranked. Any info would be much appreciated.

iincrdblhlk
06-30-2009, 10:05 PM
pretty sure you goto setup custom match, and it will ask you ranked or unranked, then invite your friend

KSizzle
06-30-2009, 10:19 PM
pretty sure you goto setup custom match, and it will ask you ranked or unranked, then invite your friend

Thanks alot for the reply. This has been driving me crazy. I have tried that but couldn't get him to join the match. I'll try that again later.

B Diddy
07-01-2009, 01:07 AM
It's a pain in the ass but once you do get matched up you can continue rematching your buddy until you both get your achievements. Here's what we did...

One player goes to create match and the other goes to search for match (not quickplay). Next set your parameters for the match. Its easier if you have similar skill points but don't ask me how to check them- I have no idea. We searched on any, its the only one that worked. Most importantly pick the same venue. Player one then starts the match and immediately player two searches. Most of the time we were matched up with randoms but after about 5-6 minutes we were able to get in the same match.

Sorry its not much of an ingenious solution but it does work. Good luck...

TGI PassionPiG
07-03-2009, 09:41 AM
I confirm this does work. Its just a matter of you both timing the search and getting a little lucky. This game is new and popular so obviously lots of people are online. As mentioned it is worth sticking at though thanks to the rematch option. The EA servers are not exactly the best and me or my buddy would occassonally lag out at the end of a match. All in all we only had to find each other 3 times for both mine and his wins so it aint too bad!

charmless
07-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Just go to Leaderboards and change it so it just shows your friends. Click on your friend to send an invite and then just change it to ranked (unranked is set by default).

Nlkuysdf
07-04-2009, 11:05 AM
^^^ nice find