PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Trick [Messed Up] HELP!!

Parkerktm
07-01-2009, 04:45 AM
I've been meaning to post this for a few weeks but kept forgetting so here it is.

I was playing on Trainee (It was the mission where you need to evade without shooting any Marines). Anyways I was going to quit out at the designated time and then switch to assassin difficulty using the assassin difficulty trick. I completely forgot about it and ended up finishing the level on trainee and therefore not getting credit for completing it on assassin.

It Auto-saved so I can't go back, and I have not advanced at all since this happened. What worries me is that the person who wrote the tips for the assassin difficulty trick wrote the following.

The Assassin trick is the trick where you play on trainee till near the end of the level then you quit out and switch the difficulty to Assassin, just go to continue level and you can switch it. Also make sure you start a new campaign because if you load a level up on replay it won't save it.

Does this mean that I can't go back and complete the level on Assassin difficulty?

Any tips or any ways for me to get around this hiccup with me still earning the achievement would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Parkerktm
07-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Anyone?

I really want to 1000 this so I can go ahead and sell it. Thanks.

chenry
07-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Anyone?

I really want to 1000 this so I can go ahead and sell it. Thanks.

That happened to me, I beat the Paris Apartment fight on Trainee. You have to start a new campaign.

Parkerktm
07-11-2009, 09:01 AM
That happened to me, I beat the Paris Apartment fight on Trainee. You have to start a new campaign.

are you sure that's the only way?

Krianna21
07-12-2009, 09:12 AM
yo here I am to save both of your lives from spending too much pointless time here. I just did the same thing tonight and thought well crap now I have to replay this whole game over again to get the two missions I messed up on. Well turns out you dont need to restart. You can go to replay mission but the problem is you have to start the whole mission on Assasin difficulty and beat it in one sitting. Escape the embassy is extremely easy anyways so if thats the only mission you need to redo then Voila. Just beat the mission from start to finish on Assasin difficulty and the achivement is yours.

Parkerktm
07-15-2009, 06:11 PM
So going to mission select won't matter for the overall difficulty achievements? Yes, that's the only mission i need, escaping the embassy, so once i finish the level do I back out and click continue campaign or what?

thank you so much!!!!

aFallenSailor
10-21-2009, 07:14 AM
I've been meaning to post this for a few weeks but kept forgetting so here it is.

I was playing on Trainee (It was the mission where you need to evade without shooting any Marines). Anyways I was going to quit out at the designated time and then switch to assassin difficulty using the assassin difficulty trick. I completely forgot about it and ended up finishing the level on trainee and therefore not getting credit for completing it on assassin.

It Auto-saved so I can't go back, and I have not advanced at all since this happened. What worries me is that the person who wrote the tips for the assassin difficulty trick wrote the following.

Does this mean that I can't go back and complete the level on Assassin difficulty?

Any tips or any ways for me to get around this hiccup with me still earning the achievement would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
I know this is a few months after message was posted, But a few hours ago i completed Bourne Conspiracy by playing as Trainee until i was at the end of each level. Then i ended game right before it ended. I backed out to the Game Menu. Selected continue Game. Then i changed Difficulty from Rookie to Assassin. It started at the last check point. After i finished a Level on Assassin and the next level started I waited for the "Saving to Storage Device" to go away. Ended game, Selected Continue Level and Changed Difficulty from Assassin to Trainee. Repeated this process and i got the Treadstone Assassin Achievement. Under No Circumstances did i RESTART any level.

The levels that had the Boss fights, i fought them as a Rookie until the very end of the fight. The will be a short Cinematic, game will checkpoint. when the combo buttons popped up at the bottom of TV, i ended game, went to Game Menu, Continued and changed to Assassin. Pressed the Correct Combo then onto the next level.

I played this way all through the game. After the last boss fight, the Achievement for Treadstone Assassin Popped up and i got my 1k.

I hope this helps!

Odessa
12-07-2010, 02:23 PM
I know this is a few months after message was posted, But a few hours ago i completed Bourne Conspiracy by playing as Trainee until i was at the end of each level. Then i ended game right before it ended. I backed out to the Game Menu. Selected continue Game. Then i changed Difficulty from Rookie to Assassin. It started at the last check point. After i finished a Level on Assassin and the next level started I waited for the "Saving to Storage Device" to go away. Ended game, Selected Continue Level and Changed Difficulty from Assassin to Trainee. Repeated this process and i got the Treadstone Assassin Achievement. Under No Circumstances did i RESTART any level.

The levels that had the Boss fights, i fought them as a Rookie until the very end of the fight. The will be a short Cinematic, game will checkpoint. when the combo buttons popped up at the bottom of TV, i ended game, went to Game Menu, Continued and changed to Assassin. Pressed the Correct Combo then onto the next level.

I played this way all through the game. After the last boss fight, the Achievement for Treadstone Assassin Popped up and i got my 1k.

I hope this helps!

I'm having a bear of a time and I'm only at the shipyard level. Can you explain the part about ending right before it did? I watched a video on it for tips but have been unable to get past this part on assassin.

HalfEVILmonkey
12-11-2010, 12:56 AM
I'm having a bear of a time and I'm only at the shipyard level. Can you explain the part about ending right before it did? I watched a video on it for tips but have been unable to get past this part on assassin.

Just use the block button (A) a lot. I basically slogged through the boss fights thus far by holding A, waiting for the boss's combo to finish, and then rapidly hitting X+Y ONE TIME ONLY! Then block and repeat. Anytime you get enough Adrenaline for a take down, use it since it takes some of the boss's life away and replenishes your health a little bit. Pretty straightforward, but you have to be patient as hell.

Odessa
12-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Just use the block button (A) a lot. I basically slogged through the boss fights thus far by holding A, waiting for the boss's combo to finish, and then rapidly hitting X+Y ONE TIME ONLY! Then block and repeat. Anytime you get enough Adrenaline for a take down, use it since it takes some of the boss's life away and replenishes your health a little bit. Pretty straightforward, but you have to be patient as hell.

Thank you!!!! I went through on Normal and am now playing through on Assassin. I just beat Solomon for the first time. I can't believe he wouldn't do one combo on me. My biggest problem wasn't using the block function nearly enough.

Rockanoid
03-17-2011, 08:32 AM
I too was so unfortunate to ending a mission without changing the difficulty setting to "Assassin".

If a replay can help me get the achievement for playing on "Assassin" should I then complete the rest of the game using the "Assassin trick" and then reload or can I reload the chapter on "Assassin" during my play-through?

Any help would much appreciated.. :)