PDA

View Full Version : EASY Gnome Grinder

x ZTheReaper x
07-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Gotta spare time...? Don't wanna kill all 1k gnomes cause its boring?

I searched and didn't see anyone else posting this. if so im sorry :(

*CONTAINS SPOILERS*

After you get all the tower heart pieces back, and you need to charge the heart, after the first charge it falls into a gnome village, use 5 blues to grab it, as soon as gnomes start popping out, drop the heart and run for the water! The gnomes will continue to come out and die in the water, and give you a kill. There is probably a way where u can have your minions kill em and bring you the orbs, cause these only go after you... so if you do find a way make a post!

Test this yourself. they seem to never stop coming, until you plug the hole with the statue in the water.

Gained 400 kills so far and still coming, so ima sit back and let it go.

The only reason im doing this / telling you is because killing all 1k of these is so borring other wise and can be a pain in the a** waiting for your guys to chase em down. Good hunting and i hope this helps (:

Asariel
07-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Yeah I did this myself first time through, mind you I just stuck my minions on a guard marker on top of the mound. They stop dropping items and lifeforce after a while though, think I ground out about 700. I just couldn't remember which map I did it on. Was planning on adding it into the guide when I reached it again, mind if I add it in now (with credit of course)?

x ZTheReaper x
07-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Do as you like, itll help a lot of people out once they get that far of course :P

chalmers1
07-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the tip, i've just got to that part of the game now. Made things a whole lot easier :woop:

Shambles11
07-01-2009, 08:49 PM
I found a spot just after you get the green minions, when you have to be a green minion and enter the town. Once you move the green base a few doors along the balcony there's a section where there are gnomes appearing through a tiny gate on the left and down a couple of steps a wheel for 4 minions to turn to open a gate with a staircase leading up behind the gate. I know this seems a very vague description but you can't miss it. There are no enemies and after every 5 gnomes killed more gnomes come through the gate. I had 12 green minions with me and got 890 gnome kills to get me the 1000 in about 50 mins. Time consuming and repetitive yes but you constantly get brown, red and green life orbs and crystals and all you really have to do is hold down the right trigger and occasionaly turn the camera if a gnome runs past you.

Ulquiorra14405
07-01-2009, 10:51 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=158169

similar to shambles idea but much faster imo been doing this for the 5000 achievement and the grinder only issue is not getting blue orbs but with a few hours of doing this method the only time you'll need blues is for a puzzle requiring them cause you'll have thousands of everything else.

off topic : anyone else notice reds are almost useless in fights without their mounts? they can't hurt the empire soldiers cause it bounces off their shields unless their on their mounts:mad:

Ketua
07-02-2009, 03:16 AM
Off Topic reply: If the reds fireballs are bouncing off then the formation is still receiving it's "defensive bonus" from it's commander, or massive numbers. In these situations there's almost always some trick to getting them to break formation or at least lose the bonus so the reds can hit them... If there's no trick and there's only like 10 or so, just plant you're reds greens and blues a little bit back and have the overlord and browns melee.

If the reds can hit the sides or backs of the soldiers it'll set them on fire even if they haven't broken formation yet. Charging with green or brown mounted minions is good too since they'll knock down the soldiers they're attacking on impact.

Delsana
07-02-2009, 03:51 PM
I just took 5 greens and took the orb off the hole and dropped it then they all came after me in the most unrealistic and poorly construed manner possible-as if there really were 1000's of suicide gnomes in that hole-and I set my 20 browns to guard in various locations, and the reds and blues and greens just sat there while I was constantly healed at the gate though really attacked and after 30 minutes of doing other things online it had hit 1000.