PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Baseball Hall of Fame

IMportdreams95
01-08-2007, 04:41 PM
i was browsing MLB.com and seen the 07' ballet for the Hall of Fame. Alot of good names, so that shouldn't be. Ken Caminiti for one. Not that i think he shouldn't be in. but not yet. I hate when someone dies its priority to make them "famous" again. garbage. Here is the link

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070107&content_id=1774522&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

RadicalSniper99
01-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Definently 2 locks in Ripken and Gywnn. After that I'm not sure.

Part of me says Big Mac should make it. He DIDN'T break any rules. Although he took steroids, it was before they were not allowed by the rules of baseball. Sure its wrong, but he did nothing wrong during the time in which he was a major league player.

I also think Pete Rose should be reinstated, but here's to hoping for the impossible.

After that I don't really care this year too much. There will always be the question of whether someone was really good or great, so I really don't know how much the hall means anymore. Cheers to the Hall of the Very Good.

Shaaady Souljah
01-08-2007, 05:14 PM
there are definitely a lot of "questionables". They are all "good" but not as many on the list can be considered "great"

p.s.- i love your new quote in your sig. HAHAAAA. i was nice to the poor guy ;)

babyfarmer
01-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Andre Dawson continues to get jobbed by the voters. Guy deserves to be in Cooperstown.

Secret Turtle
01-12-2007, 02:56 AM
Harold Baines also got the screwjob.

russell1190
01-14-2007, 05:28 AM
the reason caminiti is on the ballot is because he retired 5 years ago not because he died.
People do not just get picked to go they have to have retired more then 5 years ago and then get enough support from the comitee.
just because you are on the ballot does not mean you are in the hall