PDA

View Full Version : Road Map to 1000

baddawg12
07-01-2009, 06:04 PM
This is my first Road Map and it's still and Work in Progress. Let me know what I should improve!

MLB 2K9 Road Map

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10
-Offline: 48 (930http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg)
-Online: 2 (70http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg)
-Approximate amount of time to 1000/1000: 35-60 hours (depending on skill)
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 Franchise playthrough playing at least 21 games
-Number of missable achievements: 0
-Glitched achievements: None
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? No cheat codes
-Does difficulty affect achievements? Yes

Introduction:
This is the only simulation baseball game on the Xbox 360. It’s a lot of fun but at times can be frustrating…at least for me it was. To get these 1000 points you need to understand the game of baseball and the controls. Not much has changed from last year’s game in terms of controls as it’s still mostly analog stick based. Overall, this game is a doable 1000 points but it will require a good amount of dedication.

Step 1: Single Game and Accumulated Stats Achievements
The first things you should go for are the 15 Strikeouts, 4 Home Runs, 6 Stolen Bases, and 15 runs in one game. This can be done simply by editing the CPU and User Sliders. When you’re your first game with adjusted sliders, you want to get as many strikeouts, home runs, and stolen bases as possible. That way you will make less work in the next game you play for getting the achievements for 100 strikeouts, 100 home runs, and 50 stolen bases.
Note: If you edit the CPU and User Sliders, the game will be set to Custom Difficulty and the game will lock the ability to earn trading cards. Playing on the easy setting (Rookie) also disables trading cards. You must play on Pro or harder.

Step 2: Flawless, Unhittable, and Untouchable
These achievements are relatively simple as long as you have your Custom Difficulty sliders to your favor. SengIV has a great guide to getting lots of achievements, especially for Unhittable.

Step 3: Home Run Derby and Postseason Mode Achievements
One of these achievements can be very long and tedious. The other is pretty easy. Working on these shouldn’t take long. The achievement in Postseason mode is also simple. Play as a good team, sim to the World Series and Play the final game. Unfortunately 2 of the 3 achievements in this step are worth just 5http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg.

Step 4: Franchise Achievements
Once you are done with those achievements, start working on Franchise mode achievements. Pick the Yankees or Red Sox or Phillies as they have good ball clubs that can get lots of saves, RBIs, home runs, and most importantly, wins. Make sure you play 20 games in the regular season and then play the last game in the World Series. Otherwise, the franchise achievements won’t unlock.
Note: During the 21 games you play during franchise mode, make sure the difficulty is not Custom or Rookie. Also, while you are playing those games, try and get as many trading cards as you can.

Step 5: Online Achievements
These achievements can be somewhat difficult as you MUST play a Ranked 9 inning game in full. If your opponent quits in the 8th inning, you get nothing. If you need help, just go to the achievement trading thread.

Step 6: Mop-Up of non-card Achievements
By the time you get to this point, work on anything you haven’t gotten yet. The Strikeout/Throwout achievement can be done online as well as the Steal home achievement.

Step 7: Card Achievements
These achievements are the last thing you should be working on. This is the longest step as you need to get all 320 cards. You gain cards by doing certain tasks with or against a certain player in a single game (Ex. Unlock CC Sabathia by striking out 12 batters or get 8 earned runs against him).

Conclusion:
Once you get all of these achievements, Grand Poobah unlocks and you’ll get the full 1000.
It has been said that you need to edit your card team to have some classic players on it before Grand Poobah unlocks. This has yet to be confirmed.
You can unlock all non-card achievements on Rookie difficulty or you can use 2 controllers.
There also is a method to unlocking trading cards with 2 controllers found here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2111559&postcount=2
In general, it’s an achievable 1000http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg but it will take a good amount of time.

baddawg12
07-05-2009, 03:51 AM
Please give me some feedback!!!! Thanks for looking at least.

rabidpencil
07-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Looks great. Rented this game a couple days ago, but I doubt I'll buy it. I'll get quite a few of them though I think. Good work on the guide

baddawg12
07-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Looks great. Rented this game a couple days ago, but I doubt I'll buy it. I'll get quite a few of them though I think. Good work on the guide
Thanks. I would recommend buying it only if you're going for the full 1000 since it'll take a long time. But if you just want a few of the achievements, renting is the way to go.

rabidpencil
07-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah, so far there are just flaws that piss me off. It sucks that there's not another option for baseball on the 360 because I love baseball games. And I'm not gonna buy a PS3 for 1 game.

baddawg12
07-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the sticky!! I'll probably be submitting this to the Guide Team soon! Keep looking and give me feedback! Thanks!

WhiteShadow8953
07-16-2009, 12:40 PM
For me, Grand Poobah didn't unlock until i went and edited my card team and put some of the classic players on the team and saved. I don't know if this is the case for everyone, but you might want to make a note of it to have some classic players on your card team roster.

baddawg12
07-16-2009, 02:29 PM
For me, Grand Poobah didn't unlock until i went and edited my card team and put some of the classic players on the team and saved. I don't know if this is the case for everyone, but you might want to make a note of it to have some classic players on your card team roster.
Updated, but I'm gonna need someone to confirm it since I can't myself due to my Xbox being broken.

IIIIIIBXIIIIII
10-03-2009, 10:03 PM
i cant believe i just printed a road map made by a yankee fan my ancestors would be disgusted :p

Ninja Kaspyr 83
10-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Awesome thx for the road map, def usin to my advantage....THIS GAME CHEATS! LOL!

BTW GO PHILLIES!