PDA

View Full Version : Nooooooooooo!

dazzadavie
07-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Been playing Battlefield Bad Company to keep me in the mood for 1943, I've got 1200 points all saved and waiting, then tonight it froze, thinking no problem. restart, freeze again, restart, freeze then the worst thing happens, some think I thought I might get away from being a newish Xbox360 (just over 12months) I get three red rings of death.......... I might be 26yrs old but man I am so sad:( The Wife is very understanding and gave us a comforting cuddle ;) man I hope MS can turn around the repair quickly!

Anyone else had to send back there 360 from the UK? If so what kind of turn around did you get?

..........and relax

crisatron
07-02-2009, 06:55 AM
From sending mine which goes to germany btw and getting it back it took around 2 weeks but that was around xmas time so could be faster.

Chapsman
07-02-2009, 07:28 AM
ive had to send mine back twice now and both times its taken no longer than three weeks

samboro1234
07-02-2009, 07:41 AM
I sent mine back around this time last year and it only took 3 weeks

Stormy2k
07-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Rung up on a Monday, UPS picked it up on Tue or Wed.

Got sent to Germany and came back just under 2 weeks later with 1 month of Live free.

dazzadavie
07-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Rung up on a Monday, UPS picked it up on Tue or Wed.

Got sent to Germany and came back just under 2 weeks later with 1 month of Live free.

Now thats what i'm hoping for, UPS are picking it up today some time between 1-5pm. A work mate is going away for a week so he may lend me his 360 till then, thank f*ck for that. really thought I was going to miss the launch date.

Skidillydoo
07-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Now thats what i'm hoping for, UPS are picking it up today some time between 1-5pm. A work mate is going away for a week so he may lend me his 360 till then, thank f*ck for that. really thought I was going to miss the lunch date.

Yeah, cant ever miss a good bacon sarnie at "lunch" :) I will enjoy slapping you about online. Hehe.

DeviousD
07-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Iv'e took mine back to the shop (GAME) and kicked up a stink said they only had elites left in stock paid 20 took one home.:woop: Premium was 180 Elite 200 the one year store warranty had ran out aswell.

Stormy2k
07-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Now thats what i'm hoping for, UPS are picking it up today some time between 1-5pm. A work mate is going away for a week so he may lend me his 360 till then, thank f*ck for that. really thought I was going to miss the lunch date.

LOL! I went out and brought a new 360 to play untill mine came back, then sold the new one on to a mate.

dazzadavie
07-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Yeah, cant ever miss a good bacon sarnie at "lunch" :) I will enjoy slapping you about online. Hehe.

Ah bugger! If you see me online just standing there you now know why. lmao

Stormy2k
07-02-2009, 10:53 AM
I want a bacon sarnie now too!

Louis BCFC1875
07-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Ah well, shit happens.

Wadski
07-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Four weeks ago a guy at work sent his for repair to Germany and it was replaced and back within 8 days.

dazzadavie
07-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Four weeks ago a guy at work sent his for repair to Germany and it was replaced and back within 8 days.

Now that would be cool, UPS has just been and gone so it's now on its 's way. :woop:

Skidillydoo
07-02-2009, 01:55 PM

That's bloody fast.

littlejay
07-02-2009, 03:20 PM
mine took a week to get fixed. but i couldnt wait that long and got an elite :p

Dr Popodopolus
07-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah like most people have said, UPS, Germany, 2-3 weeks. 8 days though.... wow... lol lucky.

True I Skill
07-03-2009, 12:35 AM
It depends what u get done,
I took my Elite back to Game and they gave me a brand new one!
My brothers one took about 1-2 weeks, But the next year it red ringed within about 5 days of when it red ringed the year before. So its best off complaining until u get a new 360, If u have (Forget what they are called at this time) A thing that lets u take it back to the shop and get it repaired or replaced for free if it breaks within a certain time of breaking it?

I Timmo I
07-03-2009, 10:46 AM
For me it was 2 - 3 weeks.. But it feels like longer if you're waiting to play an awesome new game! :(

dazzadavie
07-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Before work today my mate bought over his Xbox as he is going on holiday for a week. I feel good that I know I can play this Wednesday!!

W4Cgunner
07-05-2009, 03:42 AM
Well you know there are several ways to fix it yourself. Moral of the story is to have it in the open where the console can breath, and not stuff in a cabinet, blocked off from air flow.

The three towel trick, it runs hot, and then after it cools, it resets, rrod is gone. Not my favorite fix, but it works.
As soon as my warranty is gone, Mines is coming apart and getting better fans. Just search Google for Xbox 360 rrod, you will get a ton of hits/fixes.

This is one of the best fixes, 3rd party fans move a lot more air!
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2246363,00.asp

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47689

Dert McGert
07-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Sent mine in around Feb. this year, got it back in March and had problems with it from the get go. Sent it in earlier this week and have nothing to do. I figured being laid off would give me a great excuse to complete some games and get to actually play this game when it came out, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

And I couldn't even get some pity sex from my girlfriend since she knows my real girlfriend died and I have to wait about 3-4 weeks for her to come back.

exo-apollo
07-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Ah yes, sending away Xbox's is one area in which Australia seems to excel. Shame that violent games get banned and it takes us years to get games like Rock Band or Tales of Vesperia. Ah back on topic though, I got mine back after about 5 working days from sending it off. Sent it on a thursday...got it back on the next wednesday I believe.

Package
07-05-2009, 07:53 PM
it takes 2-3 weeks.

Dont worry, ive been through it twice. Just go out and enjoy the summer weather for a while. and once it comes back you can jump into battlefield

Tatanko
07-05-2009, 08:15 PM
A thing that lets u take it back to the shop and get it repaired or replaced for free if it breaks within a certain time of breaking it?
A warranty? :p

dazzadavie
07-06-2009, 07:31 AM
Well you know there are several ways to fix it yourself. Moral of the story is to have it in the open where the console can breath, and not stuff in a cabinet, blocked off from air flow.

The three towel trick, it runs hot, and then after it cools, it resets, rrod is gone. Not my favorite fix, but it works.
As soon as my warranty is gone, Mines is coming apart and getting better fans. Just search Google for Xbox 360 rrod, you will get a ton of hits/fixes.

This is one of the best fixes, 3rd party fans move a lot more air!
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2246363,00.asp

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47689

Some think I would of done if it was not in the three year warranty for rrod, and yep its in an open space under a window has a shelf all to its self on an open TV stand. That was one reason I was shocked when it went.

Ugg there still waiting for it at the service center. BOOOOO:(

Evans214
07-06-2009, 07:20 PM
My repair took a month and a half. I live in Canada, and the console had to travel across the country to get to a repair center.

DrJonan
07-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Don't worry. Well I was incerdibly lucky when I got the 3 red lights about a month ago. Mine just took over a week to get back. Actually, I got my Xbox before I even got the email saying I was going to get it within less than a week. I was very lucky but I don't think it happens to everyone but it's ok. If you sent it NOW then you'll get it in time for some good BF1943 play.

Nozza XBA
07-07-2009, 02:08 PM
When the 360 came out I got 2 (one was ordered off ebay and the other my mum brought home on the same day the one from ebay arrived lol) I sold one back and kept the money for spare.

It got the red rings a yr in or later and i sold it to my mate for a cheaper price lol. Used that money plus a little of the returned xbox savings to get an elite. Then THAT got red rings .. Im that lazy i didnt send it back .. I sold my PS3 (as its shit) to another mate for what i brought it for +games and went out and brought another elite lol. Atm this ones going good but i still have a spare elite in my room broken. So iv never sent one back but i will send the f**ked one to M$ soon and then sell it on ebay or keep it as a back up =P.

But i have mainly heard its between 2-3 weeks return!

dazzadavie
07-08-2009, 06:06 AM
Wahoo, my machine is now on its way back!!

PuttyGod
07-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Brutal. Sorry man.
Good luck.

brodyho
07-08-2009, 09:05 AM
dude you should have just fixed it yourself, i cuda fixed it an hour and a half and have it already back in the mail lol

NightUlf
07-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Yeah mine took about 2 weeks for repair. From the UK.
It was repaired really quick, but took the longest getting it back to me.
It was collected and at Germany, then repaired all within the same week, and ready to send back, but then took a further week to come back!?
Also I received my machine back with a damaged faceplate, so I could not re-bond my controllers back with the 360. Luckily I had a 3rd party faceplate that I used. I had to wait over a week to get a replacement faceplate from Microsoft!!

Best of luck with receiving your 360 back safe and sound, hope it comes back in record time. :)

dazzadavie
07-10-2009, 10:39 PM
My Xbox turned up today, 7 days to the day. Very good service. wicked