PDA

View Full Version : Creeping Death - Alt Strums or Down strums?

MB PaiNKiLLeR
07-02-2009, 06:01 AM
What is easier to hit the main riff with? Just want to know because im going for this achievement now

NathAttack
07-03-2009, 12:22 AM
I find alt-strumming a lot easier, constant alt-strumming.

My friend however swears by completely downstrumming the entire song, and our scores are both very close (About 540,000, god damn it...). It really comes down to what is easier for you.

BrAin PuNch3r
07-03-2009, 04:28 AM
Ya pretty much one of those situations where u got to do wut works for you...i do both, but the main riff aint my problem its the solo...

Lordvader178
07-03-2009, 05:33 AM
G-G-RY-G-G-RY-G-RY-G-G-RY-G-RY-B-B
D-U-D--D-U-D--D--D--D-U-D--D-D-D-U

It's a mixture of both. Gallop when there is 3, downstrum when there is 2.

Frozenghost001
07-03-2009, 12:27 PM
I do all down strums, and never missed a note on this song until the end where my controller disconnected twice, and fell short 300-some points from the achievement. >.<

MONS1EUR FOL1E
07-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I do all down strums, and never missed a note on this song until the end where my controller disconnected twice, and fell short 300-some points from the achievement. >.<

Ah now that's just unfair. I'm getting this game Saturday. Personally, I alt strum if there is a long stream of notes, but sometimes I find it easier to stay in sync by downstrumming (for example, I FC'd Everlong on GH:WT by downstrumming constantly. When I tried to alt strum, I failed. Whereas on other songs it's vice versa).

It really depends on which you feel more comfortable with.

In a totally unrelated question; how difficult is this game? I mean, Aerosmith was insanely easy, world tour wasn't that hard (even though I never got to complete it because my xbox fucked it up) and I found Guitar hero 3 to be extremely hard (I'm not a legend at guitar hero, but I know how to hold my own on expert).

In comparison to these games, is it very, very difficult?

EDIT: The demo didn't seem that hard, with the seek and destroy solo being the only challenging bit out of the four songs.

Cissnei
07-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Achievement wise its a pretty easy game. The score achievements are hard but that's about it, the rest is easy and fast. Boosting the 100% as a band is a good idea, though ;).
There are quite a few challenging/hard songs, but for the achievements you don't even have to play them.

MONS1EUR FOL1E
07-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Achievement wise its a pretty easy game. The score achievements are hard but that's about it, the rest is easy and fast. Boosting the 100% as a band is a good idea, though ;).
There are quite a few challenging/hard songs, but for the achievements you don't even have to play them.

I only have a guitar and mic; but I presume many of the achievements are still possible without drums by playing online? My friend has a drum kit anyway, if I do need it.

Cissnei
07-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah you can get most of them without drums, but you won't be able to get the 150g achievement for beating all careers and all other drum achievements as well als the one for the tutorial. Should be around 200 points you can't get without them.

MONS1EUR FOL1E
07-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Yeah you can get most of them without drums, but you won't be able to get the 150g achievement for beating all careers and all other drum achievements as well als the one for the tutorial. Should be around 200 points you can't get without them.

Damn. I wonder if I'd be able to buy the drum kit on it's own. As I can't afford the full band kit at the moment anyway.

Cissnei
07-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Here in germany they started selling the drum kit itself a few weeks ago, so that should be possible in Ireland, too. I would recommend getting one though, it's fun.

But I think that's enough off topic talk here ;).

Captain and 7
07-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I personally downstrum, but it is solely your preference. I find that when I downstrum I do better with tempo and coordinating the chords. For some reason I don't do well switching between chords when alt strumming. I also find that the tempo is just a little too slow for me to really lock in on the alt strumming.

It killed my wrist and forearm because I tighten up when you shouldn't do, but I eventually nailed the solo and was able to barely eek out this achievement.

RageKun
07-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Well I downstrummed the fuck out of the song, I'd always fuck up whle i was doing up and down, i mean, is not like i can't do it, but the preassure and I'd get nervous, I feel more confident down strumming. so i got it like that

Ripley 92
07-11-2009, 04:06 AM
I'm going for the achievement as well, I've had luck with both alt strums and down strums. What I've found is that down strumming is more accurate, but also more tiring on my arm, and since it's a pretty long song I need as much arm strength as possible (especially for that solo) so I usually find it more wise to alt strum.

Entirely your preference, though.

x352x_ichigo
07-13-2009, 09:31 PM
OK I literally just got the achievement :]. I personally down-strum the main riff [i just kinda slap my thumb... its worked for me for all gh games as i rarely alt-strum]. I was stuck at 560k-565k for the longest time... the main way to get a bunch of points is to concentrate on the long double-strum part that seems like Through the Fire and the Flames... lol. That and the ending solo.

I got this achievement by missing 10 notes [more than the 5 people say]. I also missed the last star power phrase :[. But since I hit the whole double-strumming section and most of the last solo I went from 562k earlier and 535k on my 2nd to last run to 864k.

Hope I was able to help :]. Send me a message if you need help.

Stufin135
07-16-2009, 11:02 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Aghhh damn this achievement. 510,387 - 846 note streak - 96% - 1773/1856 notes hit. I don't think I will get this one. I streak everything apart from the two solo bits :(. Damn this song to hell!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Beckzor
07-17-2009, 09:07 PM
G-G-RY-G-G-RY-G-RY-G-G-RY-G-RY-B-B
D-U-D--D-U-D--D--D--D-U-D--D-D-D-U

It's a mixture of both. Gallop when there is 3, downstrum when there is 2.

This is exactly what I do, like everyone else states you got to learn yourself what is better for you.

Dazz
07-19-2009, 04:24 AM
I gotta admit, I'm not good at alt or down strumming this song or a few others on anything above Medium a lot of the time. Tried this achievement a few times but just can't do it, I have a theory why too.

Mainly as a guitarist, I mostly down strum and with Creeping Death the only time I don't is on the hamer on and pull off in the main riff and for some reason that's transitioning over to the GH version even though I'm finding it difficult to get out of the mindset.

Also might not help that I can't help singing along while I play guitar or bass on this game and do my whole frontman thing so that makes me miss notes but mainly the problem with the strumming and getting my fingers in the right place.

Little off topic but I found it hilarious the first time I got the game and played King Nothing for the first time, got to the "where's your crown King Nothing?" lyric and stopped playing guitar to raise my arms as I sang along and Hetfield did the exact same thing in the game at the exact same time.

Andreas_loel
07-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Just a quick question seeing as i canīt be arsed to make a new threads for 2 questions

1: Does the RB 1 Guitar work with this game?
2: Is St Anger/All nightmare long in the game?

Cissnei
07-19-2009, 07:43 PM
1. Yes the strat works
2. St. Anger: no, All Nightmare Long: yes (am I the only one who thinks the bass line sucks so much ass compared to GH 3 ?)

kevinbeck12713
08-01-2009, 05:16 PM
I alt strum, but switch to all down strum for the maybe three notes before the one pull-off triplet, and when i down strum, i hit the red and yellow chord with my index and middle finger as opposed to my middle and ring finger.

V Power Slave V
08-03-2009, 04:23 AM
I've gotten 100% on this song with about 600k and I can say its my favourite achievement =D

First of all, try using star power during the main riff as much as you can. You'll get most points that way.

And if you have a very strong arm I would reccomend down strumming every note. I usually alt strum on most songs but on this one I down strum

Bunny0ni0n
08-21-2009, 12:44 PM
I've gotten 100% on this song with about 600k and I can say its my favourite achievement =D

First of all, try using star power during the main riff as much as you can. You'll get most points that way.

And if you have a very strong arm I would reccomend down strumming every note. I usually alt strum on most songs but on this one I down strum

Lucky, -1 in solo F, 1166 NS, 591,824. Could have been an FC!!!

Got the achievement though so all is well :)