PDA

View Full Version : What really ruins Battlefield games...

Stormy2k
07-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Is the people that just stand there waiting for planes or people that kill you or destroy your plane as your taking off.

Seriously, it was bad enough in BF42 and with the Helicopters in Bad Company.

Just wait your turn damn it.

Nothing worse than losing a game because half of the squad is stood waiting for a plane.

dazzadavie
07-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Is the people that just stand there waiting for planes or people that kill you or destroy your plane as your taking off.

Nothing worse than losing a game because half of the squad is stood waiting for a plane.

Yep agree with you totally, but I don't think we'll every get away from it as you said its been in there since the first BF game, and if they do something about it may upset the play. normally kids and noobs.

Skidillydoo
07-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Haha so true. I remember on Battlefield 2 (PC) when people used to jack my jets or choppers. Id just ping them in the face with my M95 Barret, serve's them right for jacking my vehicle. Especialy when i had waited a good 5 mins for the bugger. Another trick was to get a buggy or little jeep and park it where the spawn point is, thus the plane/chopper would never spawn. Haha....

Furthermore, on Wake Island on BF2 their was a tiny little island between the main island and the carrier. This island had the USMC artillary and a spawn point with the dingy's. Id go their, lay down with a sniper and ping the dudes waiting for the jets. Im so eeevil :P Moohahaha

dazzadavie
07-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Haha so true. I remember on Battlefield 2 (PC) when people used to jack my jets or choppers. Id just ping them in the face with my M95 Barret, serve's them right for jacking my vehicle. Especialy when i had waited a good 5 mins for the bugger. Another trick was to get a buggy or little jeep and park it where the spawn point is, thus the plane/chopper would never spawn. Haha....

Furthermore, on Wake Island on BF2 their was a tiny little island between the main island and the carrier. This island had the USMC artillary and a spawn point with the dingy's. Id go their, lay down with a sniper and ping the dudes waiting for the jets. Im so eeevil :P Moohahaha

If you were the japs that island was such a kill point for the commanders arty. at the start of the map that was always a good place to fire off at will.

General Boredom
07-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Yeah, and since there's an achievement for flying a plane for 10 minutes, everybody is going to be fighting over them.

Personally, I've always been pretty awful at flying planes/helicopters in the BF games, so after I get the achievement, I'll leave the planes for those that know how to use them.

Skidillydoo
07-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Good call. Personaly, i loved the planes and choppers on BF 1942 more than BF2. On BF1942 it took REAL SKILL and DEDICATION to learn how to fly, as they were so damn sensitive. their was no "lock on" missiles and it was all "on the fly". BF2, despite true to the times, i found very very easy to fly both jets and choppers. I have even released several montage's of solo guided rockets (even after the engine cut out hotfix), and another montage of me bombing other jets.. whilst they are flying.

Eitherway, i hope the flying aspect is back to its old ways. One question i do have, is their any flight sticks available for the Xbox 360? and if so, anybody know wether or not they would work on this game?

rsxdelerium
07-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Trying to get a jap plane on wake island bf2 was the worst thing ever .. if arty didn't get you then a circling asshole f35 would, or your teammate would kill you if neither of those got you first. If somehow you got one though, it ruled all as it was so unbalanced. I hope the planes are exactly equal in 1943 (don't care about historical accuracy at this point).

Skidillydoo
07-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Trying to get a jap plane on wake island bf2 was the worst thing ever .. if arty didn't get you then a circling asshole f35 would, or your teammate would kill you if neither of those got you first. If somehow you got one though, it ruled all as it was so unbalanced. I hope the planes are exactly equal in 1943 (don't care about historical accuracy at this point).

hmm, yes, too many the J-10 was overpowered, both in manouvering and damage. But a "skilled" pilot in the F35 or any of the other jets could easily out manouver the J-10. The F-35 you could literally slam the breaks and pull up and watch a J-10 whizz past. The j-10 had very poor breaking, hence it had an increased turning circle. The f-35 strenght was in both its hover and its stopping distance.

XI MANX IX
07-07-2009, 01:54 AM
Mine mine mine mine mine....team kill

Skidillydoo
07-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Mine mine mine mine mine....team kill

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-2/113955/Team_Killer.jpg

bigmcilmoyle
07-07-2009, 05:13 AM
let's hope getting these players kicked for team killing is easy. those buggers are so gay. In the old Bd games i ended up barely using planes and choppers because of these guys.

Andreas_loel
07-07-2009, 08:12 AM
I will be teamkilling until i get my flying achievement after that its yours, ill go join the nice car mechanics from BFBC while you enjoy the flight ;)

DrJonan
07-07-2009, 01:40 PM
I remember always fighting for the planes in Battlefield 2. Hopefully it won't be as bad in BF1943...It was great in BF2 when you would get better at flying planes every time as it was sort of hard in the beginning.

Skidillydoo
07-07-2009, 01:51 PM
I remember always fighting for the planes in Battlefield 2. Hopefully it won't be as bad in BF1943...It was great in BF2 when you would get better at flying planes every time as it was sort of hard in the beginning.

It was only difficult for those that had never played BF1942. I remember when i first played BF2 and everybody was in awe when i seemlessly manouvered my chopper under the aircraft carrier... in reverse lol. Or my thunderbirds style take offs. After a while people soon caught up with my skills, but by that time i was well ahead, rayping faces on Operation Cleansweep... man i loved the bomber....

DrJonan
07-07-2009, 01:53 PM
It was only difficult for those that had never played BF1942. I remember when i first played BF2 and everybody was in awe when i seemlessly manouvered my chopper under the aircraft carrier... in reverse lol. Or my thunderbirds style take offs. After a while people soon caught up with my skills, but by that time i was well ahead, rayping faces on Operation Cleansweep... man i loved the bomber....
Yeah I never had BF1942 and yes, I was amazed by the good pilots in BF2 when I completely sucked. It took me some time to get good but when I did get good it felt very rewarding.

stevanov
07-07-2009, 08:28 PM
It's even worse, in bad company most guys who wait for the choppers cant even fly properly....

cupcakelad
07-08-2009, 03:58 AM
i hated team killing so much in Bad Company mainly cause every time I'd play on Oasis I would be lucky enough to get into the artillery first and then some asshole would just get a tank and run into the artillery blowing it up and making me commit suicide. Whats the fun in playing a game where assholes will always get there way?

MAMM0TH1
07-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Yep agree with you totally, but I don't think we'll every get away from it as you said its been in there since the first BF game, and if they do something about it may upset the play. normally kids and noobs.

Yup. I agree. Since 1942. Mostly kids or n00bs. It never really bothered me as I never lasted long in a plane. Plus taking flags was wicked damn fun! (yes, I was a flag whore).

FAVORITE BF1942 MEMORIES: stand off against enemy -> both players empty all rounds of primary gun at each other -> both players swtich to sidearms and empty all rounds -> duel ends with a knife fight!

Very intense!

:)

Skidillydoo
07-08-2009, 03:17 PM
ahahaha... i remember them :P My favourite was the snipers duels on El Alamein. USMC would be based at their main base, whilst the enemy (MEC? Afghan? i forget) would climb the ridge next tot their base and you would end up sniping at eachother witht he .50 calibre's across the basin. For giggles we often sent one player.. on foot across the basin and timed how long he would survive before getting sniped. Nobody ever made it to the other side.

Le Vampyr
07-08-2009, 03:33 PM
While i realise this is a common occurance in BF games, i think it's mainly to do with the fact that some people have yet to obtain the "fly in a plane for 10 minutes" and "deploy your parachutte for 2 seconds" achieves. Given time, when the majority of people have obtained these achieves, i'm sure you'll see vehicle hogging be reduced by at least 30-50%

Elit3 m0nkey
07-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Good call. Personaly, i loved the planes and choppers on BF 1942 more than BF2. On BF1942 it took REAL SKILL and DEDICATION to learn how to fly, as they were so damn sensitive. their was no "lock on" missiles and it was all "on the fly". BF2, despite true to the times, i found very very easy to fly both jets and choppers. I have even released several montage's of solo guided rockets (even after the engine cut out hotfix), and another montage of me bombing other jets.. whilst they are flying.

Eitherway, i hope the flying aspect is back to its old ways. One question i do have, is their any flight sticks available for the Xbox 360? and if so, anybody know wether or not they would work on this game?

As far as I know, there was a flight stick produced by Hori but the only way you could get it is if you got the special edition of Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.

NOTE: This is from Wiki so it might be wrong.

Back to the point I only take planes if there happen to be any around, other than that I don't use them. But they are pretty fun to use if you can get one.

bigmcilmoyle
07-08-2009, 03:55 PM
what ruins any EA games is they always seem to have some sort of server screw up, just like what happened today. that is the one thing that has always made me agaianst EA. besides that tho the make good games.

THEGREATMADMAN
07-08-2009, 05:43 PM

Agree totally also. But as someone else previously said, its mainly little kids and noobs. They should implement a shield whereby you can't fire on friendly vehicles. Anyone shoots at my plane when im taking off from the same team i just send them an abusive message (not the best idea :P) and down their rep. This sounds just as immature, but it really is so frustrating.

True I Skill
07-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Is the people that just stand there waiting for planes

Just took out all what u said in the middle and at the end, But at first u say it ruins the game, And then u tell them to wait there turn which is what they are doing when they stand there waiting for planes?

Anyway i dont have the game yet, But i waited on the demo, Stood there whacking some dude with a spanner a plane come and he took it, then i had to wait another few mins for the next, Just to see what the planes we're like, That was the only thing that made me want to check it out, And i wasnt gonna get a chance to try it out within 30mins running arround shooting people no where near anyone.

bigmcilmoyle
07-09-2009, 05:34 AM
the have taken out team killing atleast. you might still be a while getting a plane but atleast no one can blow you up because they wanted it. its also nice at the respawn rate of plans. my guess is about 30 seconds after one is destroyed it pops up again. Dice has finally made it so team killing over planes is much less frequent.

TweedieBrd
07-09-2009, 06:10 AM
i got to say that pisses me off just as much...I have been playing the battlefield series sense it came out. 1942 was amazing planes and everything. Even when the Dessert Combat Mod came out and the Road to Rome expantion it was amazing! Then Veitnam! AMAZING ONCE AGAIN! with the heli's. Battlefield 2 did come out great as well then i was dissapointed with 2142 then bad company amazing!!!!!I played this game 24/7 when i got it for xbox....absolutely amazing but one thing i sure did not miss when i was not playing any of these games was the constent team killing for vehicles.....I imagine this one will be the same...

icypinksmurf
07-09-2009, 07:06 AM
I'm done with all the achievements except the Tour of Duty's so I won't be messing with the planes anymore. I can't do shit with them anyways, but I know what you mean. People who wait around for certain things kind of annoy me, like the planes, helicopters, or the artillery. The only reason to wait around in my opinion is to go for achievements. :P

XI MANX IX
07-09-2009, 07:38 AM
when waiting 4 plane i jump alot to signal its mine mine mine mine mine

THEN I TEAMKILL IF HE DONT GET MESSAGE

TLOR FETT
07-09-2009, 02:24 PM
I have yet to fly a plane because of this, the one time I managed to get one someone rammed me with a tank.

CheshireMulisha
07-09-2009, 04:16 PM
I've never been much of a flyboy in any of the BF games, but never really had much of a chance to practise.
It doesn't help that the controls in single player always seem to be different in mp!?

Teamkillers are frustrating, the amount of times i've seen people c4ing their teammates planes in bf2 just because they got beaten to the jet is a joke! Now whenever I play bf2 its almost always on the infantry only maps (nade fest!)
I also once got knifed by a teammate whilst on the artillery in bad company! (I returned the favor but couldn't be bothered going on it again after that).