PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrrrrr! Achievement + extra questions

cxr666
07-02-2009, 11:55 AM
hey! i'm not to sure how to get the Arrrrr! achievement (sink 3 galleons in a single game of pirate wars) i've reached level 8 on pirate wars in WT so i must have sunk 3 galleons... However, i can't get the achievement :S Am i doing something wrong??

Also, how do i unlock the Sega outfit?? And when do i start unlocking the skeleton outfit???

Thanks alot, out

mark23
07-02-2009, 01:09 PM
1. Has to be done in play mode as their are no galleons in W/T version.

2.You have to reach number 1 your Pro career

3.Beat meat defender level 8 & you get the complete outfit.

Kenty1981
07-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Can somebody give me some tips for the arrrg achievement please - i just keep gettin hit, and its doing my head in now so any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

srlklr
07-04-2009, 07:15 AM
I just went in as my all round + player from career, just patrol the baseline moving left to right and back, don't go forward at all and get to around 5k in points, that's when galleons start showing up. Since time is irrelevent just keep dodging canonballs until you eventually get a clean shot at a galleon, they are the big ships with the flag that take 5 shots to drop. The second you sink 3 the achievement unlocks.

Kenty1981
07-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Thank you for the tips i shall try that over the weekend - hopefully by monday i will have it. Just got to pro rank number 1 and got no ach im so gutted and fed up with this game now!!

I PERVYPRIEST I
07-04-2009, 04:12 PM
The key when you're at around the 5k mark when the cannons keep coming constantly is never to hit a clean shot (takes too much time).

You want to hit every ball as if it's a running shot so you don't have to wait for the motion to finish if you're hitting a slice, topspin or lob.

Just see a ball and just as it's about to go past you run over to it and hit it and you should hit it straight away and be able to move straight after and dodge the cannons instead of trying to hit every shot like you do in world tour mode so you get max power etc.

dragon strife 1
07-19-2009, 01:43 PM
a tip for meat defender is to slice your shots, they will go lower and wont bounce over the crocs

Boostme
07-23-2009, 04:06 AM
OMG i fucken did it..it took me like at least 5 days to get this achievement..i hate this achievement so much..this is my last achievement other than the glitched Coronation+gold medalist..im never playing pirate wars ever again!!!! i remember staying up to 5 am workin on Arrrr and went to bed restless..so glad the madness is over lol