PDA

View Full Version : Is there really a reason to buy this if you play WaW?

Mrs Cliffton
07-02-2009, 05:29 PM
^ Topic.

Discuss

Shelton
07-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Have you ever played Battlefield? It is totally different to CoD.

This game has mass destruction, planes, jeeps, and tanks...Massive maps too. I would rather play this any day of the week, over CoD.

So yes, even if you play WaW, you should give Battlefield a go.

Skidillydoo
07-02-2009, 05:50 PM
^ Topic.

Discuss

Considering that WaW is terrible. (Yes i do own WaW). I have palyed the battlefield series since Battlefield 1942 on the PC, and i have played every single battlefield game and been impressed with all but one release which was Battlefield Vietnam.

As for Call of Duty, i have only been impressed with "one" of their releases, and i have played every single Call of Duty to date. Call of Duty WaW is terribly imbalanced. the weapons are not accurate (and when i say accurate, im not talking about my accuracy, im talking about the weapons themselves). WaW is meant to represent the happenings of the feud with america/japan and russia/germany. The weapons that you use both online and singleplayer are absolute stupid im afraid. The damage ratings on the weapons are patheticaly inaccurate, the models are very "suspect" and the "recoil" on some weapons (even when mounted) are just pathetic aswell. In reference to the "REAL LIFE" counterparts, it infuriates me how they can call WaW a finished product.

WaW for me was only fun on "Hardcore" mode, purely due to the serious imbalance of tanks on the game and no methodical way to blow them bad boys up. It was as if the tanks had the armor of present day whilst taking hits from weapons of the past, just didnt work like that, and thats a fact.

Moving on, although Battlefield series have never been entirely accurate with weapons decals and skins, and the weapon selection, they have always been "life like" in terms of ammo clip size, recoil and damage. Not too mention their is no such "perks". The only perks you will attain via any battlefield game is having a good "commander (Battlefield 2) or a good pilot and squad leaders. Tactics has always been key in this game.

If it was up to me to make your mind up for you, id without a doubt say YES! DONT HESITATE. I know thats somewhat pre-emptive as i am yet to get my hands on, but if DICE history of releases is anything to go by, then you will be in for a treat.

DICE learnt their lesson with battlefield 2 when they released that early (well on-time according to EA, but it still felt very much like a rushed product) and 600 meg of patching later it finaly worked as intended, albeit a few bugs here and their.

Battlefield has always been the "REAL" shooter. Ask any PC gamer, i gurantee their are more battlefield players out their than Call of Duty players, (on the PC), unfortunately it hasnt taken off as intented on console yet, but im sure it will only take time.

Last but not least... bombing tanks, and shooting down people in a jet never gets old. It really doesnt.....Oh and Frostbite Engine = Destructable buildings....

Thats me done, hope ive done enough to convince you.

Mrs Cliffton
07-02-2009, 05:56 PM
thanks for the replies guys :)

I played the original bf for hours upon hours when it first came out, but it just seems like since everything in 1943 will be so limited compared to the full pc game that i might just be better off playing objective games in WaW (or zombies :P)

but since they are supposed to release a trial with the full game ill give it a go and see how I like it. I think my main concern is the lag and the community. BF was never really fun if there weren't many people in a game (for me at least lol)

dazzadavie
07-02-2009, 05:57 PM
http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/engines/1/1/66/crop_120x90/frostbite_logo.jpg is one.

Plains, Tanks and Jeeps,
Bigger gaming area,
Totally different game play,
and a gaming mechanic that's worked for years since Codename Eagle well before CoD which is just like any other FPS online mode

Skidillydoo
07-02-2009, 06:22 PM
http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/engines/1/1/66/crop_120x90/frostbite_logo.jpg is one.

Plains, Tanks and Jeeps,
Bigger gaming area,
Totally different game play,
and a gaming mechanic that's worked for years since Codename Eagle well before CoD which is just like any other FPS online mode

Battlefield Bad Company 1 = Frostbite 1.0
Battlefield 1943 = Frostbite 1.5
Battlefield Bad Company 2 = Frostbite 2.0

dazzadavie
07-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Battlefield Bad Company 1 = Frostbite 1.0
Battlefield 1943 = Frostbite 1.5
Battlefield Bad Company 2 = Frostbite 2.0

Bf1943 is Frostbite 1.0, GVD started the project as a "seen what BF1942 is like with the engine" and because it was good they went with bringing the game to the public. Yeah BC2 is the new Frostbite engine but 1943 is such a flewk its just using the same engine.

Its an old post and some what poor http://www.techsnake.com/2008/07/02/theres-a-freeze-coming/

Skidillydoo
07-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Bf1943 is Frostbite 1.0, GVD started the project as a "seen what BF1942 is like with the engine" and because it was good they went with bringing the game to the public. Yeah BC2 is the new Frostbite engine but 1943 is such a flewk its just using the same engine.

Its an old post and some what poor http://www.techsnake.com/2008/07/02/theres-a-freeze-coming/

Sorry, but nowhere on that page does it say "Frostbite 1.0". It's using the Frostbite engine, just not the original version used to create Bad company, but not the latest version thats used with Bad company 2. Its "inbetween" and thus Frostbite 1.5, as stated several times on the "official ea" forums and by DICE members their.

dazzadavie
07-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Sorry, but nowhere on that page does it say "Frostbite 1.0". It's using the Frostbite engine, just not the original version used to create Bad company, but not the latest version thats used with Bad company 2. Its "inbetween" and thus Frostbite 1.5, as stated several times on the "official ea" forums and by DICE members their.

I don't mind being told I'm wrong, and your right it does not say in the post as I wrote it a bit before BC was out. But I would like a link if poss as DICE is my fav developer and Frostbite my fav engine, only being out of the news side of things have meant I'm now left behind, and would very much like to know what I've missed as I may write a new post (not done one since Nov last year) to do with the updates to the engine.;)

II RUFF II
07-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Battlefield is no COD! You COD players can stick to your game, dont ruin it for battlefield players by finding glitches and things.

Skidillydoo
07-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Battlefield is no COD! You COD players can stick to your game, dont ruin it for battlefield players by finding glitches and things.

Haha, if they do, we can send the fodder their way in the sum of 1,000,000 +1 bugs that im sure we could find collectively on Call of duty.

Stormy2k
07-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Definatly give BF43 a go.

I loved COD4 is an amazing game and I love it. WaW is a poor game but I still played it.

But when it comes to Battlefield, thats a different kettle of fish.

I love battlefield games because of the huge open enviroment, you actully feel that you are at war.

Unlike the poor attemps of tanks on confind maps in WaW, nothing feels more awesome than when you and your mates roll across a field in loads of tanks and start blowing up the enemy base.

One of the biggest things that is great about Battlefield for me is the Sniping!

Not only is it awesome, but the most realistic.

As I say I love COD4 ect, but sniping on there is a joke. On BF games you have to take into account people moving and distance.

It took me ages to learn how to hit moving targets on BF and once you get a head shot on a running target, man it feels good (im a bolt action man).

Also dedicated servers means no host ending games.

COD4 and BFBC are my staple diet of shooting games at the moment, but lost countless hours to BF1942 and the add ons.

Skidillydoo
07-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Couldnt of said it better Stormy2k. The sniping on Battlefield is very realistic. Like Stormy2k said, it takes into account the distance, calibre, coriolis effect and a few other things, also on BF2 (which i didnt notice on other bf games) is bullet drop. It takes skill, patience and practice to be a good sniper.

Everything has always seemed far more balanced in battlefield games, i think more because its the whole "war" package. It has different types of vehicles, boats, choppers, planes etc.... Not so much that it's "rock paper scissors" but their is more than one way too kill your opponent, the same way as that you are vulnerable to more than one method of attack.... gotta be alert, aware and have a good instinct.

Sniper07LHS
07-04-2009, 08:22 PM
this question is kinda like is there really a reason to buy a game because i play waw....u buy games u want.

W4Cgunner
07-05-2009, 02:57 AM
^ Topic.

Discuss

I guess you've never played any of the Battlefield series. When was the last time you drove a jeep or tank across a large scale map (island) or flew a plane in WaW? Let alone the destructible environment that totally changes game play.

Skidillydoo
07-05-2009, 09:51 AM
I guess you've never played any of the Battlefield series. When was the last time you drove a jeep or tank across a large scale map (island) or flew a plane in WaW? Let alone the destructible environment that totally changes game play.

better yet, when's the last time you flew a jet, thru a house into a camping sniper :P

UsR Jimbob
07-05-2009, 11:10 AM
how can you compare it to WaW

1. ones full game ones arcade
2. battlefield is completely different style to WaW
3. CoD WaW is shit

nuff said

Package
07-05-2009, 07:54 PM
well...........since WaW sucks donkey balls, yeah, you should get this.

it'll hold you off till Modern warfare2.

oh and theres a demo, so you can decide for yourself if you have doubts

littlejay
07-05-2009, 10:23 PM
reading through this thread i saw someone call 1943 "limited"

just to be clear, the only way this game in limited is the number of maps.
it is a highly detailed, full featured game and i guarantee many many hours of playtime for this "limited" game

stevanov
07-06-2009, 09:50 AM
i haven't got anything to add to what the people above say, all i can say is bf is better then cod imo

Louis BCFC1875
07-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Yes, the BF Series are ALOT different to the COD series. + this is going to be better than WaW.

RnR1
07-06-2009, 08:19 PM
better yet, when's the last time you flew a jet, thru a house into a camping sniper :P

This is awesome. This might just be a cure for camping. For me this is a solid buy. IMHO the Battlefield series is much better at squad based gaming. The fact that it has only 3 maps at launch does not bother me. Lord knows every time you play the same map the game play is different because of the human factor. How many times did us PC gamers play "Strike at Karkand" over and over with different results each time?

Skidillydoo
07-06-2009, 08:27 PM
This is awesome. This might just be a cure for camping. For me this is a solid buy. IMHO the Battlefield series is much better at squad based gaming. The fact that it has only 3 maps at launch does not bother me. Lord knows every time you play the same map the game play is different because of the human factor. How many times did us PC gamers play "Strike at Karkand" over and over with different results each time?

until people starting using the MEC vehicle in commander drop to glitch under the hotel. and then we all buggered off to Wake Island. Personaly thou, my favourite map of ALL time is...

EL Alamein on BF1942 (desert combat mod). Man i loved the snatch and grab on CTF mode with the big Transport aircraft or how difficult it was to fly the blackhawks....

cupcakelad
07-08-2009, 02:47 AM
Like others have said I hate WaW it is shit compared to CoD 4 the only thing thats keeping it alive is Zombies... and the frickin juggernaut whores who think there good at the game, every person i see using juggernaut then brag about them being so good i just ask them to play one round without juggernaut and they cant do jack shit anymore. I havent played any battlefields except for Bad Company and i loved the campaign it had and the multiplayed.

Overall there is a huge reason to buy this instead of WaW.

KNUCKS x360a
07-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Without getting into all this hyperbole, I recommend BF1943, just as I'd recommend BF:BC!

I only really play realistic FPS's, GRAW's RB6's CoD's BF's etc, & there is nothing nicer after a claustrophobic session on CoD 4/5, than firing up some BF & being in huge open maps with vehicles & complete freedom!

Definitely worth the purchase IMO!

antnie
07-08-2009, 03:22 AM
I would definatly get this because WAW gets old and you should try something differenet.

JC Elite
07-08-2009, 04:13 AM
COD: WOW is developed by Treyarch. That's all I need to know to NOT play it (COD 3 blows). When Infinity Ward comes out with their next game, I will play it.

But yea give Battlefield a shot. It's really fun and easy to get into, even if this download it going to be kinda 'light' on maps. But for $15.....what do ya expect?

Just keep in mind that you will probably have to spend more $ later when they charge you for new maps if you want to keep the game fresh. I think it's worth it though.

Desmondo2000
07-08-2009, 01:57 PM
bf1943 makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, cod waw gave me an ulcer

dazzadavie
07-08-2009, 02:03 PM
bf1943 makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, cod waw gave me an ulcer

ROFLMFAO its so true!

Emfulz
07-08-2009, 02:15 PM
I would rather play this any day of the week, over CoD.

Me too, besides MW2 when it comes out :p You forgot to mention the fact that Battlefield has parachutes!, besides BC.

Jimbo76
07-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Using my plane to kamikaze an enemy building, not always on purpose either, lack of flying skills really, sets it apart from waw. they are different types of games.

MAMM0TH1
07-08-2009, 02:58 PM
^ Topic.

Discuss

WoW? Honestly buddy... go post on the WoW forums.

MAMM0TH1
07-08-2009, 03:04 PM
WoW? Honestly buddy... go post on the WoW forums.

I apologize. I'm read "WoW". Not "WaW".

Yeah, BF1943/1942 and the rest of them => awesomeness. Mass objective basses maps with the ability to roam anywhere and do what you want. PLAY THE GAME THE WAY YOU WANT TO! Love the BF series!