PDA

View Full Version : This Game Is Actually A Bargain

ITD Soldierboy
07-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Think about it, you get retail games for $60 that have 1000 Gamerscore. Instead, you buy 7 arcade games which turns out to be $70.

So You're basically getting an extra 200 Gamerscore points for free, since 200 points almost usually costs 10 bucks.

Deadly Moves
07-02-2009, 07:02 PM
$70 is still too much for those simple games... they should cost 400 not 800msp

OneSweetShannon
07-03-2009, 03:11 AM
Actually, I've enjoyed these games a lot. They actually have a lot of replay value.

Apple
07-03-2009, 03:13 AM
Actually, I've enjoyed these games a lot. They actually have a lot of replay value.

Considering the Full Retail version released on the Wii for what, $30? It's definitely a rip-off, not a deal.

Dragon's Heart
07-03-2009, 03:19 AM
It's a deal when it comes out to be cheaper to buy these games than the actual board games...Especially when you don't have to worry about losing pieces and stuff like that...Deffinitely a plus with a 2yr old running around that likes to get in to everything...

Parkerktm
07-05-2009, 10:29 PM
I agree, it's a complete rip off. Maybe sell them individually for $10 or so, but sell them as a bundle for $35-$40.

And 1000 points for $60, that's if it's a great game that stays at it's peak price or you get it when it comes out. I could go buy Bourne Conspiracy for $15 and get 1000 gamerscore and that would be a bargain.

Mrs Cliffton
07-09-2009, 06:51 PM
you also have to consider how long this xbla online community will last. Like most xbla arcade games prolly not too long. Once it dies it becomes considerably less fun. So yea it is a rip-off, I'd rather play IRL with people than against a computer. (It's more fun whooping and hollering with people than cussing at the cheating pc) lol

BERMANx740x
07-10-2009, 04:34 PM
I got it 4 free last night

bigsilentrob
02-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Definitely glad I waited on the retail version of this one. Got it on Black Friday for $20.

SuperWoody64
05-19-2010, 12:59 AM
I picked up Golden Compass for $3. I'll slam that 1000 out in a few hours one day.
It beats $15 for 200G from some arcade games that take weeks to get.

ReaptheChaos
07-30-2010, 01:31 AM
If your actually going to play them for fun, not just for the achievements, these games have more value than most arcade games. They can be played and still be fun even after the chevios are gotten. I play them with friends all the time.

But I agree 800 msp is to expensive. I bought all the original ones when they first came out for 400 points each. I just had to pay 800 for the three new games. Too steep if you ask me.

MacPhisto
08-03-2010, 03:18 AM
If your actually going to play them for fun, not just for the achievements, these games have more value than most arcade games. They can be played and still be fun even after the chevios are gotten. I play them with friends all the time.

But I agree 800 msp is to expensive. I bought all the original ones when they first came out for 400 points each. I just had to pay 800 for the three new games. Too steep if you ask me.

Yeah if you're getting this just for the achievements, then you're getting it for the wrong reason. These games are great for just relaxing and chilling with friends like when you want to take a break from intense twitch shooter action. I'm going to get all the achievements out of the way first just because they're so easy to get, but once I do, I'll still be playing these games regularly with friends long after that and having a lot of fun doing it!

This however is only a bargain if you buy the disc version, which comes with 7 out of the 10 games and is currently only $20 new at GameStop now. I'd hate to be one of the people who actually spent $100 to get all 10 of these games, because I'd feel seriously ripped off considering how dirt cheap the disc version is now.

ReaptheChaos
08-03-2010, 05:42 AM
This however is only a bargain if you buy the disc version, which comes with 7 out of the 10 games and is currently only $20 new at GameStop now. I'd hate to be one of the people who actually spent $100 to get all 10 of these games, because I'd feel seriously ripped off considering how dirt cheap the disc version is now.

Well thatís true of almost any game. Actually Iím surprised that the arcade games never seem to come down in price. Retail games are 50 or 60 bucks when they are new, but 6 months later you can pick them up for 20 or 30, even cheaper used. Some of those arcade games have been out for years yet they are still 800 MSP, another reason I donít buy many arcade games.

MatrixJake1978
09-27-2010, 03:50 AM
Yeah if you're getting this just for the achievements, then you're getting it for the wrong reason. These games are great for just relaxing and chilling with friends like when you want to take a break from intense twitch shooter action. I'm going to get all the achievements out of the way first just because they're so easy to get, but once I do, I'll still be playing these games regularly with friends long after that and having a lot of fun doing it!

That is precisely what I did. :( lol