PDA

View Full Version : Should I restart game on gathering heros?

fugitivetoby31
01-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Please remove

Shaaady Souljah
01-09-2007, 02:50 PM
once you have an officer unlocked, he counts as one you got on your profile for the achievement. i would say just finish it up...cuz you get an achievement for each war anyway. and then all of the remaining ones you can get on gathering. just write all of those down if you want to be 100% sure you do not pick them when others available, but they might still show up as not new anyway--just to be safe.

Tracker4502
01-09-2007, 03:30 PM
If an officer has a "Get" next to his/her name, you have already gotten that officer on your profile. When you play Gathering of Heroes, simply recruit and bribe all the officers you don't have. It is as simple as that.

Shaaady Souljah
01-09-2007, 10:17 PM
the "get" method is great advice, but sometimes when you switch wars they show up new... but not for gathering i dont think.

make sure you do not mispell/miswrite any... jin su, jen su, jin se, jen se, jin si, blah, blah. it all is so similar!!! ;)

AOS Puck
01-10-2007, 03:49 PM
I also can't work out how some of you beat all 25 areas in 4 hours :eek:
I've only taken 7/8 in about 4 hours, maybe I need to revise tactics.

The quickest way to win a map is to look at your map and choose the shortest route to the enemy's Main Camp. Follow this route and every time you take a base, just tell one of your officers to defend it while you move on to the next one. Just keep doing this until you reach the main camp and you can either try to kill the boss or just kill all the Guard Captains and the base will be yours. Some maps are really easy, only two bases to take before getting to the end, while some can be really hard. A quicker way to win an area or areas is to make sure to attack the area where the enemy commander is. Once you beat that area, you get all areas that commander owns.

AOS Puck
01-10-2007, 05:35 PM
I think the command is called "Station" to move troops around. After you click the command, you choose the two areas you want to swap officers between and then just move the officer right and left.

Shaaady Souljah
01-10-2007, 06:27 PM
On the 'get' part, when I use search-wide or local sometimes it automatically employs an officer so I don't get a chance to see/check if he had 'get' next to his name prior to employing him. Anyway of avoiding this?

one of the tactics always lets you pick...i forget the name, cuz it has been a while. don't do the packaged deals, unless one includes the scouting that lets you pick. just go into your own custom actions and always choose the one where you get to choose one from a group of potential officers

Kaens
01-10-2007, 07:19 PM
one of the tactics always lets you pick...i forget the name, cuz it has been a while. don't do the packaged deals, unless one includes the scouting that lets you pick. just go into your own custom actions and always choose the one where you get to choose one from a group of potential officers
I believe that was search wide. Then you get a list of 6 officers to choose from. As previously mentioned, "get" means you already got them. Sorta like in Super Mario Sunshine it said, "GET SHINE!" when you got a star. Translation thing. Kinda hard to remember since it's been something like six months since I played this game.

Hints for blowing through the game fast -

1. When you're setting up your options, make sure that you have it so when you take a general you get all of their lands, otherwise they will always be able to run to any adjacent lands they own.

2. Purchase the hard march options as soon as possible, this allows you to go to any area on the map. When combined with #1 above you can quickly take over massive areas.

3. Purchase neutral start & a mount asap. With these you will start your map with only bases, race over there on your horse and kill leader. Winner! Do this with 1 & 2 and you can win entire games in an hour.

AOS Puck
01-10-2007, 08:43 PM
The option you are looking for is called Recruit. This brings up a list of 5 or 6 officers and you choose one. Search-Wide automatically searches and employs anyone it finds, you don't get to choose.

I hated this achievement. I got #249 and then it took like 30 more turns of 4 Recruits a turn to get #250.