PDA

View Full Version : Dash board update

eXiled Killah
01-09-2007, 12:35 PM
I turned on my 360 and it immediately asked me to update. Does anyone know if todays update will fix any steering wheel issues? I took a look on Major Nelson's site, but there no reference yet to any update for today and, yes, before you ask, my box is fully updated so far.

P1NSEEKER
01-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Interesting...

I havent heard of an update ???

eXiled Killah
01-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I found it odd myself. I played last night just fine, but when I turned it on this morning.....

Dark Fury
01-09-2007, 01:00 PM
People are asking about it on Major Nelson's blog via comments on the latest post.

eXiled Killah
01-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Nevermind. Here it is:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2006/0130-autoupdate.htm

P1NSEEKER
01-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Nothing exciting then!

[EDIT]: Waaaaaait a minute, thats the January '06 update!!!

xX MaslaN Xx
01-09-2007, 01:37 PM
lol Im starting to think it didnt do anything at all.....

eXiled Killah
01-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Nothing exciting then!

[EDIT]: Waaaaaait a minute, thats the January '06 update!!!

LMAO!!!:biglaugh You're right....ooooooppppssss!:p

Starscream5000
01-09-2007, 03:24 PM
The Update today is mainly for Gears OF War....but Im not sure about the dashboard in general...Just for the game!
Starscream

Smokez
01-09-2007, 04:07 PM
but if it was for GoW why would they need to update my Dashboard?

TechIsCool
01-09-2007, 04:21 PM
they were adding dashcontent for the pc-xbox game shadowrun i talk to a Dev.

Im at CES

Zef
01-09-2007, 04:21 PM
It is probably one of those 'We-only-update-things-for-North-America' updates. I was hoping it would finally be the video marketplace for everyone else, clearly not.

P1NSEEKER
01-09-2007, 04:23 PM
I want episodes of corrie and emmerdale in HD DAMMIT!!!!

Kaens
01-09-2007, 04:26 PM
they were adding dashcontent for the pc-xbox game shadowrun i talk to a Dev.

Im at CES
Finally something that makes sense. People just jump to conclusions because of the timing. "Oh Gears maps come out tomorrow so they must have something to do with it"

Anyhow I found it very annoying because I was in the middle of playing Blue Dragon and at about 5am I get booted from live. Since I was about to get an achievement I didn't want it to be acquired so I tried to sign back in only being asked to update my dashboard.

Yes I stayed up all night playing Blue Dragon ;)

Smokez
01-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Wait the UK doenst have the Video Marketplace?

IMportdreams95
01-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Finally something that makes sense. People just jump to conclusions because of the timing. "Oh Gears maps come out tomorrow so they must have something to do with it"

Anyhow I found it very annoying because I was in the middle of playing Blue Dragon and at about 5am I get booted from live. Since I was about to get an achievement I didn't want it to be acquired so I tried to sign back in only being asked to update my dashboard.

Yes I stayed up all night playing Blue Dragon ;)

damn you! i still haven't had time to jump back into that game because of the GSL! :mad:

Zef
01-09-2007, 04:36 PM
We have the actual marketplace, we just don't get stuff on it that isn't in the normal marketplace.

Kaens
01-09-2007, 05:44 PM
damn you! i still haven't had time to jump back into that game because of the GSL! :mad:
That's funny because GSL is the reason I'm playing BD instead of games with easier achievements LOL

L3giOn
01-09-2007, 07:16 PM
After I downloaded the update my system froze and I got one red light. It scared the fucking shit out of me but everything seems to be in order now. *phew*

eXiled Killah
01-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Wow. Has anyone been able to come up with some concrete info regarding this update?? I've learned, the hard way, to be very cautious with Microsoft updates. Their Windows XP 'updates' weren't always a step in the right direction.

CrakkedOut56
01-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Earlier today the team pushed out a dashboard update over Xbox Live. There is nothing major in this one, it just addresses a few performance and stability issues.

From Major Nelson (http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/01/09/today-s-dash-update.aspx)

eXiled Killah
01-09-2007, 10:11 PM
From Major Nelson (http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/01/09/today-s-dash-update.aspx)

Cool. I've been getting dropped alot from Live! lately. Thought it was my internet service, but the cable modem would still show a steady connection and the computers would connect just fine. Hope this addresses that issue.

razzleson
01-09-2007, 10:30 PM
After reading some comments on xboxfanboy that were directed towards the update I found this:

I determined this morning that one of the fixes of the patch is that it greatly reduced the load time when trying to bring up your list of saved videos.

I'd call this anything but boring. With many shows and various game videos saved on my HDD, the load time annoyed the hell out of me, taking up to 60 seconds or greater.

So, that may have been one of the fixes in the update. I can only imagine how happy people must be. I was ecstatic when they fixed the load times for arcade games.

Djen
01-09-2007, 10:35 PM
It did seem to take slightly longer than previous updates hence why we were all wondering if it was a significant update. I also have been discon'd several times because of Xbox Live not my connection so I do also hope this is overcome. It's getting tedious with all this going off and going on.

o Machamp o
01-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Cool. I've been getting dropped alot from Live! lately. Thought it was my internet service, but the cable modem would still show a steady connection and the computers would connect just fine. Hope this addresses that issue.
Wow same here, I was lagging like crap in SvR and GoW even with host, and Im directly connected to my cable modem, and my cable provider wasnt showing any problems in my area. Thank JESUS!!!!
http://www.merch-bot.com/images/products/medium/jesus-christ-poseable-action-figure-2.jpg