PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth buying a DSi?

True I Skill
07-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Im thinking of buying a black one, My brother has one and they seem pretty cool, He says resident evil dead silence is Co-op so might get that with it, Does any1 know what the co-op is like on that?

And back to the main question are they worth it?
Im looking for somthing for Puzzles, quiz, and stratergy games, This seems like it Could some people name a few good games for the DS?

and last of all, Is it worth the money? I have a psp but want somthing diffrent, Is a ds as fun as a Psp and worth over 100?

Mongolian Beef
07-03-2009, 09:54 PM
I have a DS but don't have a DSi, so I don't know if it's worth it.
Here's some good games on the DS http://ds.ign.com/articles/921/921522p1.html

Twilight Star
07-03-2009, 10:29 PM
The story mode for RE: DS is a port of the Playstation version of Resident Evil. As for the co-op you have to work together with your partner, to escape the mansion but has nothing to do with story.

If your looking for puzzle and strategy games I recommend the Phoenix Wright games, Hotel Dusk and Advance Wars: Duel Strike.
Also recommend you get Pokemon Platinum, Zelda Phantom Hourglass and The World Ends with you.

As for getting DSi, if want a DS just for games get the DS lite but if you want the camera and be able to listen to music then get the DSi.

Kaiyo
07-04-2009, 12:43 AM
I still prefer just the DS lite because the DSi removed the GBA slot.
I think its not worth it for me.

Revolver
07-04-2009, 05:38 AM
I remember considering getting a DSi but since the whole camera and MP3 features didn't exactly appeal to me I simply kept the 2 normal DSs I already have.
As for Resident Evil Deadly Silence; being a fan since '96 I enjoy the fact that it's an update port of the classic game so every now and then I like to go back and play it.
I haven't had the chance to play it co-op but I would think it's somewhat interesting.
I doubt there's anyone left to play it with nowadays. :(
If you don't already own a a DS or DS Lite then I suggest getting that one first and if you feel like you need any of the new features then just trade it in for the DSi.

True I Skill
07-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Well i think im going to get one :)
After i've got some microsoft points to keep me going while im saving up.
Ty for ur opinions on it, Would like to see some more, Il probably be getting this with GTA Chinatown wars, and the resident evil game, My dad has alot of puzzle games for Nintendo DS so il borrow he's.

Revolver
07-18-2009, 02:36 AM
After seeing numerous reviews about the DSi I've decided to get one myself.
The camera and music features might not be so great but it will defenitely add to some entertainment to the whole gaming experience! :drunk