PDA

View Full Version : NAT Weirdness

Monsterbox
01-09-2007, 10:29 PM
So, I ran the update today when I got home from work today and signed into Live. I tried sending L3gion a chat invite and he says it wouldn't allow him to join. So, I run the connection test just for the sheer joy of it. It now says that my NAT setting is Moderate. WTF? It was open as of yesterday and nothing about my network set-up has changed. All the same ports being forwarded, all of the same settings apply. However, now it is Moderate instead of Open.

Anybody else see something simliar? I'm rather concerned about how this will effect my ability to play with others on Live. I'm going to double-check my router's settings today to make sure, but there's been no indication at any level that anything was wrong except for this.

Anyone else notice anything?

eXiled Killah
01-09-2007, 10:33 PM
yeah. I fired up the vision cam for a video chat, but it said that my connection was too slow. The cam came on for about 3 secs before it shut off. Thought it was just my service being twitchy as I've not had this problem before.

Psycence
01-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Mines always been set on a moderate NAT and it's caused me no problems at all with Live, so don't worry to much!

DisturbedDan
01-09-2007, 11:24 PM
same with me, mine's on moderate because my router won't allow it to be open. Aside from the usual trouble playing other countries, it has been fine.

Monsterbox
01-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Put the machine in the DMZ and still can't chat or game with L3gion. I'm going to try chatting with others on my friendslist. If not, this could be known as The Update that Killed the Monster...

Buttcheeks
01-10-2007, 07:39 PM
I've had this problem for about 2 weeks now where i can't get into private chats. Then my brother in law who's an IT guy came over and checked everything out and my NAT got turned to strict all by itself. He then opened up a clean line to my 360 but it still is not working the same as before. It seemed to be better last night and i could finally join and host some private chats and also i could finally host a GOW match which i couldn't do at all for the last 2 weeks.

Microsoft must have done some form of an update to cause it i would think.

Perfect Preston
01-10-2007, 09:20 PM
V Interesting. Ive done nothing and mines gone from moderate to open??

blum3
01-11-2007, 03:30 AM
I remember when I first started gaming online way back when. I bought a ps2 network adaptor came home and ran the config. My isp had blocked the ports. I called the next day and they said they couldn't do nothing about it "We don't deal with Sony, or online gaming." So I called the other isp and switched. I know it's off topic but I still need to vent about it every once in a while. Hopefully it'll all get worked out for you soon.