PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live from a hotel room....HELP!!

SlicTricky
01-10-2007, 01:54 AM
Has anyone been on Xbox Live from a hotel room? I am currently in a hotel and can get connected but I can not chat or play oline with others. I can send messages and download from the marketplace as well. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. If so, were you able to fix it?

eXiled Killah
01-10-2007, 02:49 AM
There are a few people complaining about this same problem ... since todays 'update'

Minty
01-10-2007, 10:39 AM
I used to do it quite easily. If its a normal WiFi connection that you dont need to log-in to connect to, then use the normal WiFi connection.

If you need to log-on, then just share connection with your laptop

o Machamp o
01-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Are you really that bored that you put your 360 online in a hotel? Personally I dont care, Thats cool though. I'd check the connection just to make sure XBL isn't doing something or anything else.

Minty
01-10-2007, 11:57 AM
When you travel with work and can spend 15 nights a month in a hotel- youll get bored of it pretty quickly ;)

Tron
01-10-2007, 01:15 PM
agreed... i dont travel that much anymore, but come summer ill be gone alot, and there is nothing better than getting a some beer and playing in a hotel after work...no distractions, just games.

TheMollywhopper
01-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Anytime you're able to get on XBL but not use all of the features, I believe the culprit is the router/gateway. Not something that you'll likely be able to get the hotel to change for you

SlicTricky
01-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Are you really that bored that you put your 360 online in a hotel? Personally I dont care, Thats cool though. I'd check the connection just to make sure XBL isn't doing something or anything else.

Yes, I really am that bored. I am travelling solo for work and there is nothing else to do. I called support and they can't figure it out. I am just confused on why I can do everything but chat and play games.

I used to do it quite easily. If its a normal WiFi connection that you dont need to log-in to connect to, then use the normal WiFi connection.

If you need to log-on, then just share connection with your laptop

It is not a WiFi connection and I have to log in. I have a router that I use for work and have to use it so I can log in through my laptop since I can't through the computer. How do you share the connection with your computer????? Do tell!!

Anytime you're able to get on XBL but not use all of the features, I believe the culprit is the router/gateway. Not something that you'll likely be able to get the hotel to change for you

Good point!! I am going to go check to see if the router is on the list of compatible routers. That could be my problem.

agreed... i dont travel that much anymore, but come summer ill be gone alot, and there is nothing better than getting a some beer and playing in a hotel after work...no distractions, just games.

I could not have said it better myself!!!!!!!!!

blum3
01-11-2007, 03:13 AM
I play games almost every night. If i was traveling i'd take my 360 with me. If you got live why not get on live?