PDA

View Full Version : We should be able to re-rate games.

agentplatypus
07-06-2009, 07:05 AM
I have a few games that I rated on this site (Call of Duty, and Fallout 3 come to mind) where I rated them to early and now my opinion of them has changed. Is it possible that we could be able to change are rating?

Sorry if this has been posted, I did a search and nothin came up.

Tussell
07-06-2009, 07:08 AM
When you rate a game, you should make sure it's your final choice.

dakisbac
07-06-2009, 08:57 AM
And what if we send in a score by accident? It's set at 0% by default so hitting submit accidentally screws with the score

Jappe XBA
07-06-2009, 09:02 AM
And what if we send in a score by accident? It's set at 0% by default so hitting submit accidentally screws with the score

Exactly, that's what have happened to me a few times :(

kaleido42
07-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Suggested already.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=1854

agentplatypus
07-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Suggested already.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=1854

I clearly said I did search but nothing came up because the search function is broken.

Poida
07-11-2009, 12:41 PM
I clearly said I did search but nothing came up because the search function is broken. Agreed, search function didnt work for me earlier.

Fizzmatix
07-11-2009, 06:46 PM
The search function on this website is very hit and miss at times. I just spend 15 minutes or so digging through the backlogs to see if I can find anything personally but that's just me.

I also have a few 0% submitted scores but I don't think there is much we can do as they would probably just have to reset everyones score for all games then alter the coding to correct this.

I personally think it's a good idea but i could see it being a hassle for the admins to correct the issue.

Faithxchaos
07-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Some of my scores have been submitted in annoyance, so they tend to be pretty poor lol =p

antnie
07-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Every time I vote it doesn't change the score at all.

Jappe XBA
07-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Every time I vote it doesn't change the score at all.

That's maybe because there are so many voters that your one vote won't affect to the final result. Once I voted for a game 100% and it was about 72% before that, after my vote it got up to 73% :eek:

kaleido42
07-11-2009, 10:26 PM
I clearly said I did search but nothing came up because the search function is broken.

Sorry, don't know what I was thinking, needs to get around on this site more anyways:p. I do totally agree that it should be implemented for those annoying times, but it has been suggested, just so you know.

agentplatypus
07-28-2009, 02:43 AM
The search function on this website is very hit and miss at times. I just spend 15 minutes or so digging through the backlogs to see if I can find anything personally but that's just me.

I also have a few 0% submitted scores but I don't think there is much we can do as they would probably just have to reset everyones score for all games then alter the coding to correct this.

I personally think it's a good idea but i could see it being a hassle for the admins to correct the issue.

True, it would probably be hard to implement but I think it would be a great feature that would make the site better.

Fizzmatix
07-28-2009, 03:08 AM
I thought about this and tried to work out how the polls on this website work, I think it's done though some sort of session in a database. Or using sessions and then logging your name in a database with your score so it would look something like this:

Name | Vote | Game
user | 0% | COD

It would be easy to reset the tables but then everyone would need to re-vote and obviously who really wants to see there digging through god knows how many users to find all the 0 voted ones. I know I wouldn't want to as I have done a few database clean ups like that in the past which are just irritating.

What would be a nice little addition though is if your score gets logged at 0 you should be able to re-vote solving the issues. I think it's fair if you place a vote and then can't change. The scores would be going up and down none stop otherwise.

Bradqqqqqqqqqqq
07-31-2009, 08:07 AM
All we really would need is an "are you sure?".

Domantos
07-31-2009, 08:26 AM
I think it's fair if you place a vote and then can't change. The scores would be going up and down none stop otherwise.

Personally I don't see a problem with a score going up and down, this would mean that people either hated the game after getting towards the end, or they loved it and played it more. Or maybe they dug it out of the shelf and found out it was really good anyway and so on and so forth =)

Re-evaluation would be nifty =)

Bradqqqqqqqqqqq
07-31-2009, 08:37 AM
You seriously should rate the game AFTER you finish it though.

Brutalsleeper
07-31-2009, 08:41 AM
Personally I don't see a problem with a score going up and down, this would mean that people either hated the game after getting towards the end, or they loved it and played it more. Or maybe they dug it out of the shelf and found out it was really good anyway and so on and so forth =)

Re-evaluation would be nifty =)

It would be of what people think of a game at the moment instead of a general rating.

Domantos
07-31-2009, 08:43 AM

But what if you change your mind after you play it a second time....after 1 year?

agentplatypus
08-25-2009, 07:28 PM

Okay but what if you accidentally rate a game?

I was just viewing the Batman: Arkham Asylum achievements, and somehow I accidentally rated the game a 6. I have no idea how, I must have hit it by accident, but now I can't change it. :(

We really should be able to change our rating.

Purge
08-25-2009, 08:32 PM
I didn't realise they would stick to my X360A Profile so I gave some of mine 100%. Really wish I could turn back the pendulum.

agentplatypus
08-25-2009, 11:13 PM
I didn't realise they would stick to my X360A Profile so I gave some of mine 100%. Really wish I could turn back the pendulum.

Agreed.:uzi: