PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations

RadicalSniper99
01-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Here is to 2 baseball players who exemplify the great qualities of the league. Tony Gwynn and Cal Ripken Jr. are 2 highly deserving players. I just wish people would acknowledge how deserving they are and vote for them on the first ballot. If there were 2 people who might have been unanimous vote ins in this day and age it would be them.

At the same time, I must congratulate Jose Conseco for not even receiving 10 votes and Mark McGwire (sp.) for receiving not even 25% of the vote. I love how the voters showed their dislike for how this pair played the game. I can't wait to see what happens to the other players who were noted as steroid users.

Tron
01-10-2007, 01:36 PM
completely agree....did you ever hear the story about Cal Ripken finding his wife in bed with Kevin Costner back in the day, and he beat the shit out of him...cops didnt do anything because because it happened in Baltimore...True or not, makes you love the guy that much more....

and Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire should be left out of the Hall indefinitely...if Rose cant get in, they cant.

RadicalSniper99
01-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah, Pete Rose. I'm a supporter of him actually being in it. I hate the fact that he is banned from the game and therefore will never be in the HoF again. To think, one of the truly great deserving "players" of the game probably won't actually be in it. I know he did something wrong as a manager, but as a baseball player he is still one of the best.

IMportdreams95
01-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Cal Ripken Jr and Tony Gwynn are both outstanding players. Im a huge baseball fan, and i miss guys like this. Now its full of cock sucking bitches like derrick jeter and a-rod. Still love baseball but damn i cant stand these guys.

@erton - im with you i stand behind pete rose 100%. he deserves the HOF!

RadicalSniper99
01-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Too bad the sports writers have to consider one thing that most Hall of Fames try to forget about.

The Baseball Writers actually have to think about the character of the individual being voted into the Hall of Fame. I didn't know this was actually true until I heard it recently on ESPN one night. It's interesting but it shows what MLB wants.

On a side note, Pete Rose actually got 4 write in votes even though he is completely banned from baseball.