PDA

View Full Version : Widescreen Youtube Video embeds

Fizzmatix
07-07-2009, 11:45 PM
I have no idea how many people on this site really care that much about the video embeds, since youtube now support widescreen videos it would be a decent feature to upgrade to.

I have seen a few very well written youtube embed hacks to do this on VBulletin and thought I would put the idea forward as most videos now are in a widescreen format.

xToXiC rIpPeRx
07-07-2009, 11:48 PM
most new videos are but old old videos dont even hace the hq button

Fizzmatix
07-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Well the HQ is only if the video has been submitted in a higher quality format that has a codec attached, it doesn't make it HD or widescreen.

Most gameplay footage is in widescreen though, hence idea, just thought I would throw it out there as you never know :D.

kaleido42
07-08-2009, 03:23 PM
I don't really see this as much of a necessity. If the admins/routinex ever get enough time to work on this it would be nice, but not really a necessity.

Fizzmatix
07-10-2009, 03:44 AM
I don't really see this as much of a necessity. If the admins/routinex ever get enough time to work on this it would be nice, but not really a necessity.

Nope it's nothing that would make a massive impact on the site but viewing videos which are widescreen would be a lot easier seeing as the standard size for most youtube videos really makes widescreen videos look small. I always end up going to youtube to view them.

Though if this was implemented it would probably take 10 minutes to install the hacks and get it up and running which is a nice short install time.

kaleido42
07-10-2009, 03:47 AM
Nope it's nothing that would make a massive impact on the site but viewing videos which are widescreen would be a lot easier seeing as the standard size for most youtube videos really makes widescreen videos look small. I always end up going to youtube to view them.

Though if this was implemented it would probably take 10 minutes to install the hacks and get it up and running which is a nice short install time.

If they can get it up and running in such a short time without any troubles afterward then it would be a very nice thing to implement. Perhaps in the event that they might say yes to this you may wish to post up links, coding, etc. It would save them some rather than trying to find it themselves.

Fizzmatix
07-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Well most board hacks for VB don't take long to install as I have done my fair share in the past and this one really is a small addiction. I doubt that this will get implemented into the site but it was just a thought as almost all gaming videos are in widescreen unless whoever recorded it didn't setup their capture device right.

I would be happy to provide VB hack links to add this addition if i was asked to but im sure if the admins decided to put such an addiction it would only take 2 seconds to find on google without having to go the long way around seeing as all you have o search is "widescreen youtube on VBulletin hack" and it will pop up.