PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable LAG!

TOMRICCO77
07-08-2009, 10:46 AM
ive just downloaded it and it is almost unplayable.. iv managed to get a few kills but it is so hard!
a bit like when the demo for bad company first came out :(

BrownMan
07-08-2009, 10:48 AM
I was in a good game earlier, but now i cant get into a stable game.

Anyone know if u can get all achievements in a private match?

FYC Punker
07-08-2009, 10:52 AM
I was in a good game earlier, but now i cant get into a stable game.

Im sorry but thats a dumb question the game just came out and you wanna get all the achievements already..??

Talk about a waste of money.

And yes to the OP iam lagging very bad so far iam very unhappy with this game :mad:

Alrohir
07-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Also getting lag =(

True I Skill
07-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Im sorry but thats a dumb question the game just came out and you wanna get all the achievements already..??

And yes to the OP iam lagging very bad so far iam very unhappy with this game :mad:

Its a waste of money to some, But Acheivments just aint the Only reason people buy games u know :) He might want to get them all done so He can enjoy the game without having to try and work for them in matches with other people.

silentbob0
07-08-2009, 11:02 AM
It appears as though there servers a struggling with the early swarm of players trying to play the game which isn't really exceptable as they should have been ready for this. What good is a multi-player only game if it is unplayable? I know it's just come out so things might get better, but I doubt I will get the full game untill they sort it out. I'm downloading the trial now.

Andreas_loel
07-08-2009, 11:04 AM

Welcome to xbox360ACHIEVEMENTS where people whore achievements.

The biggest waste of money however is that he can get a cheap old game with 1000gs for the same price as a normal priced arcade title.

Nice to hear that EAs servers still sucks ass! good job

KNUCKS x360a
07-08-2009, 11:05 AM
It wouldnt be so bad, but the Official BF1943 Site said "the Servers are ready"!

I think not!

Lagtastic...:(

Tyger7
07-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Maybe they didnt expect such a rush of downloads, mostly just trials probably. I am expecting it will get better!

FYC Punker
07-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Welcome to xbox360ACHIEVEMENTS where people whore achievements.

Gee buddy i didnt know where i was thanks for that :omg

But you clearly missed my point,i can understand if the game was out for a few days...but an hour and a half...??

Andreas_loel
07-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Maybe they didnt expect such a rush of downloads, mostly just trials probably. I am expecting it will get better!

Thats what was i expected with BFBC... 1 month later i sold the game :D History repeats itself

DarkWolf114
07-08-2009, 11:12 AM
I am getting major lag but I am not that bothered. I can play some other games and Thursday I have got work so by Friday it should be up and running to a great standard like Bad Company is now, no lag what so ever. Hopefully.

ZundayXx
07-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Lmao, the site is under Maintance... hope they're doing something...

Koruptos
07-08-2009, 11:24 AM
I havn't had much lag tbh, only whilst sniping but overwise it seems fine across the 4 games i have played. :confused:

MisterSquidward
07-08-2009, 11:35 AM
so this lag is likely to become better over time i take it?

RPDfire
07-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Also getting lag =(

Im also lagging and howd u get the glasses and the hats..

DarkWolf114
07-08-2009, 11:36 AM
I have lost all lag now.

NFaMuS one
07-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Hmm...

Kind of disheartening, as I was hoping to jump right into this tonight after work. This is exactly how Bad Company worked out, and consequently, I didn't play it for months. :(

Dr Popodopolus
07-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Ridiculous Lag! Thank god for trials! Although i wouldn't mind having my trial time back when the lag gets fixed (if ever). It was only a few weeks ago that i picked up Bad Company for 9 pounds anyway, so i am not going to be too fussed about missing out on this. Should the lag be fixed however then i will buy it, if not, my points will be saved for Serious Sam HD when that drops or to buy some more Fallout DLC. I will give this game a few days to fix itself.

Alrohir
07-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Im also lagging and howd u get the glasses and the hats..

the glasses should be avalible for free for your avatar at somepoint, the hat is off the avatar marketplace, and my shirt is an award for being in the xbox 360 summer preview beta.

Strongbow
07-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah the lag is really bad but it was the same for Bad Company which went away, I think the games great, can't wait for the lagg to go away so I can fully enjoy the game with friends.

MisterSquidward
07-08-2009, 11:45 AM
where is the avatar marketplace? i never knew one existed! Is it US only?

Alrohir
07-08-2009, 11:48 AM
where is the avatar marketplace? i never knew one existed! Is it US only?

its not out yet its part of the beta im in.

FistOfTheNEast
07-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Its dissapointing but hopefully this will be sorted pretty soon. What is the craic with the trial? As a multiplayer only game. How much of a trial is it and is it not possible that it could it be on a different server so that the people who have forked out money and 1200 points are on a better server?

Double2Seven
07-08-2009, 11:53 AM
They must fix the Lag, i wont buy a multiplayer only game if i get lagging all the time, ive heard the developers at e3 saying they had lag problems , but thats just because they were playing against overseas oponents in Romenia and Sweden.

How are european servers doing ?They have separate servers, some of my friends here in Europe are not reporting to much lag....

How does the demo works ?Is it time limited ?Do we have acess to all veicules ?

ZenithMarth
07-08-2009, 11:53 AM
How to you get in the beta? and how much time is in the demo?

Dr Popodopolus
07-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Its dissapointing but hopefully this will be sorted pretty soon. What is the craic with the trial? As a multiplayer only game. How much of a trial is it and is it not possible that it could it be on a different server so that the people who have forked out money and 1200 points are on a better server?

Well the trial is 30 minutes only and it was a complete lagfest. My friend bought the game straight away and said even the tutorial was really laggy and almost unplayable.

KostinKid
07-08-2009, 11:54 AM

I am downloading this now and I was wondering the same thing.

Alrohir
07-08-2009, 11:57 AM
How to you get in the beta? and how much time is in the demo?

its a microsoft employee only beta

MisterSquidward
07-08-2009, 12:13 PM
It seems to be running smooth as anything now for me :woop: this game is FANTASTIC!

Psychopatrix
07-08-2009, 12:13 PM
The Game suck hard .. Fuck Dice for so Bad Servers .... they should give all players with such issues 500 Points back XD

KNUCKS x360a
07-08-2009, 12:14 PM
To be fair, it has calmed right down now... All the games i've been in the last 30 mins have been all good again.
:)

Psychopatrix
07-08-2009, 12:15 PM
my last 10 mins talk other ...

2 Games ... server down after 2 min playtime XD

donut77
07-08-2009, 12:25 PM
lag is not really an issue for me, i thought it might have been shit living in australia but its really not bad. Ive been second and third best player a few times already. :p

JohnnyR74
07-08-2009, 12:40 PM
This is a truly fun game, my friend and I had no problem for about 6 or 7 games and then the lag just hit us like a brick wall. Its just everyone playing on all the servers at once, I'm sure there are ridiculous amounts of people trying to play at once, just let it pass.

Hottub Cowboy
07-08-2009, 12:49 PM
I had some issues while on a 8mb line at a friends. Im on a 100mb line at home and its smooth. I think it might be EA's servers but hopefully they should sort it out in a few hours.

Seany Show
07-08-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm not feeling the lag too bad since the initial rush. Lets hope it stays that way..

Infection Ftw
07-08-2009, 01:03 PM
2 games twice mass lagg then thrown out...Fix it or refund some Ms points!:P

bosInFusioN
07-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Are you guys seriously crying about the lag? Calm down there are thousands and thousands of people downloading the game right now of course it will be laggy.

Ouija Board
07-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Lag, lag, lag - sick of it, for gods sake test your game before releasing it!

drmando
07-08-2009, 01:45 PM
It was working fine ... server loads are way to high thats all

Louis BCFC1875
07-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Lag was horrible for the first hour of play for me, then my mates found a none-lag match, and we have been in that for about 3 hours now lag free.

wolvieware
07-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Bad Company managed to sort out its lag after a while. Dice can do online games well. After the surge of new players trying it out, it will balance out I'm sure, and be really good. I'm looking forward to trying it out later, but will maybe wait until its less laggy by the sounds of it, before I really get into it.

Jetpac
07-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Game is unplayable for me :(

I cant even get off the aircraft carrier to get to the damn island lol!

Double2Seven
07-08-2009, 01:53 PM
FROM TWITER :

"Another Good News, the Packet loss is Data Center network issue, not game or server caused or related. Keep playing to help us sort it.about 1 hour ago (http://twitter.com/OfficialBF1943/status/2531495597) from web
<LI class="hentry status u-OfficialBF1943" id=status_2531487698 done15="10" done13="10" done11="10" done7="10" done6="10">
Bad News, Europe is having heavy Packet Loss causing lag, Good news, we are aware and putting fixes in place as I type. This will be fixed."
http://twitter.com/OfficialBF1943

dazzadavie
07-08-2009, 01:57 PM
FROM TWITER :

"Another Good News, the Packet loss is Data Center network issue, not game or server caused or related. Keep playing to help us sort it.about 1 hour ago (http://twitter.com/OfficialBF1943/status/2531495597) from web
<LI class="hentry status u-OfficialBF1943" id=status_2531487698 done15="10" done13="10" done11="10" done7="10" done6="10">
Bad News, Europe is having heavy Packet Loss causing lag, Good news, we are aware and putting fixes in place as I type. This will be fixed."
http://twitter.com/OfficialBF1943

I was about to say this too, Also I Gordon Van Dyke has put a post up about working a 24hr day today. So the dev team know what to expect and are ready to start fixing. But If they knew then maybe a big beta test would of been better maybe?

Jimbo76
07-08-2009, 02:00 PM
yeah horrible lag. plus the game freezes my xbox and screen goes black in places. i think they released this a bit too soon. I think i might wait to buy it untill they fix it first.

Frozenghost001
07-08-2009, 02:04 PM
I thought it was only me lagging. Good thing to know others are too.

sin3027
07-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Lucky me .. I'm at work :mad:
Instead of running home and download the laggy BF, I will go drink a beer with a RL Friend:drunk.

After this I will have a look if it's still full of lags..

mksystem74
07-08-2009, 02:31 PM
I read all of your concerns so I downloaded the trial only. It ran perfectly so I buy it, first game, I see what you mean. =|

Jetpac
07-08-2009, 02:33 PM
it will get sorted dont worry, its just irritating while it does!

rodders1991
07-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Guys you just gotta think though it is the end of school time now sooo there will be 1000's of kids dowloading it right now the servers can probly cope with the ammount of people playing just not with people downloading to :(

but dont worry by the week end when everybody has this game it will be allllllllllllllllllllll right giddy ;)

Skidillydoo
07-08-2009, 03:13 PM
For what, expressing himself about his experience playing the game? That's stupid, don't matter his posts, he ain't talking shit about someone or the site.

Game is ridiculous right now. Can't connect to a game cause the servers are full. If you get in to a game it might be laggy as hell and you can't play a PRIVATE game without 12 people. It's stupid

from http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2138472#post2138472

*** This thread got closed as i was typing this out, so i found this as the closest relevant topic ***

If he cant learn to control himself, then he shouldn't be posting on a forum like this. Not with that sort of language. Id like to remind you to go take a look at the topic title.

I have no problems with people "expressing" themselves, but its in the manner they do it publicaly. Ofcourse thats just my take. I know for sure that he wouldn't last more than 10 minutes without a warning with that sort of language on many other forums i regularly visit.

As for the game being ridiculous, the sooner people get used to the idea that EA more often than not fail on epic proportions on the release date of nearly all their games, the better everybody will be and the less rubbish time wasting topics like this we will have. As a developer, EA are not too bad, but as a Producer, they are terrible. They set unrealistic targets to the development companies and more often than not the product (in this case BF1943) is released earlier and full of problems. too list a few games in the Battlefield series this has happened too.

Battlefield Vietnam *Redux - Re-release*
Battlefied 2
Battlefield 2142
Battlefield Heroes
Battlefield Bad Company

and now... Battlefield 1943.

I can't comment on Modern Combat as i have never played it, so i am unable to assess wether it was plagued with problems. Battlefield 1942 was the only Battlefield game as that i can remember that their was no "outstanding" issues on release, just a few glitches/bugs (like the superman glitch from the windmill), which did eventually get fixed.

Also, as ive read on Twitter and elsewhere on this website, the issue regarding the Lag is not actually due to the game or the servers, its down to Paket loss which they are trying to create a fix to circumvent the issue.

So, settle down son. Stop crying that the game isnt running well as it could, you have not "lost" any money. All you have lost is a little time, which is hardly something to split hairs over. Impatient little buggers.

Double2Seven
07-08-2009, 03:22 PM
So, settle down son. Stop crying that the game isnt running well as it could, you have not "lost" any money. All you have lost is a little time, which is hardly something to split hairs over. Impatient little buggers.

I agree;)

For people with doubts wait till problems are resolved , and then try out the game, and see if its worth it.

Its frustating for the people that already payed for the game, but they will be working 24 hours to fix the data packet loss.

Hopefully in a few days or maybe even hours, all problems should be much less severe and we all can enjoy the game.

From EA FORUM :
"Good News, the game is incredibly successful beyond even my expectations. We have reached server capacity, but the bad news about this now some people can't join unless someone leaves. But don't worry, we are adding more servers ASAP to Xbox and in preparation PS3 that should start going up ASAP with priority on Xbox 360.

We have also isolated the issue and improving until we have close to 0 packet loss.

Please keep an eye here for updates.

Update#1: We are adding new servers, this may cause some disconnection from now until 17:30.

GvD going on 34 hours of being awake working on this with only 3 hours of sleep from the night before! http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/images/smilies/eekx.png "

Le Vampyr
07-08-2009, 03:36 PM
I've played around 10-15 matches so far and have yet to run into any of this lag. I dunno, perhaps i'm just lucky *touch wood*, but DICE have said on their twitter that European players will experience some lag problems but are working on a fix this very second. The game has only been out for a few hours, give it a chance guys. =)

Awesome game though, especially in a room with 23 other friends!

HT101
07-08-2009, 03:39 PM
I had pretty bad lag when I tried to play in the one match I got into so I am not going to play it again until later today after they have had a chance to fix the problems with lag/packet loss/whatever else is wrong. I tried to tutorial and it was fine but I know that BC was laggy at first but I know they did fix it so can't wait for this to be fixed.

Bladez x360a
07-08-2009, 03:55 PM
going fine for me at the moment i am on 20 mb connection so that might be why:p

TpYourHouse
07-08-2009, 04:38 PM
How many games on Xbox live have servers? Just as few right? And games with servers on xbox live are laggy right? Take L4D for example. I don't think xbl should have servers. It needs to be peer to peer. I could be wrong but games with servers are always laggy for me.

TpYourHouse
07-08-2009, 04:39 PM
going fine for me at the moment i am on 20 mb connection so that might be why:p

A 20 mb connection doesn't matter, its all about the ms ping.

Madmax410
07-08-2009, 04:46 PM
I was one of the first to DL the game I think. It was amazing for the first hour or two, then the games became shit when people started waking up.

Don't worry, its amazing if you can get a lag free game, just wait for them to sort out the server troubles.

THEGREATMADMAN
07-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Yea i've been having lag problems too. I was flying a plane on wake island, one minute i was flying fine about to do a bombing run, the next minute i was down in the sea on fire :woop:

FYC Punker
07-08-2009, 05:51 PM
How many games on Xbox live have servers? Just as few right? And games with servers on xbox live are laggy right? Take L4D for example. I don't think xbl should have servers. It needs to be peer to peer. I could be wrong but games with servers are always laggy for me.

All games should be peer to peer...:confused:

You clearly never played Gears of war or Gears of war 2.

Kazoturkey
07-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm playing on a non-HDTV so I can't do shit in most new games, which is why I mostly play PC now..

LesPaulPlaya
07-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Well this is a great game for 1200ms points. I played around 6 games lag free and it was very fun. The only downside is now i cant get into any games because the servers are full ATM. But I believe they will get more servers and we then can all enjoy this great game.

Lukeweizer
07-08-2009, 08:34 PM

Dumb question? Do you know what site you're on?

Trash Man
07-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Played for 2 hours earlier with no lag or connections issues at all.

If the rest of my time playing this game is as stable as the first 2 hours have been then I will be a very happy bunny :)

bigmcilmoyle
07-09-2009, 01:20 AM
playing this game in north america we where lag free this moring... then the flood of people came and all we can do is wait for EA and DICE to sort out this mess.

oldaddyjoker
07-09-2009, 03:11 AM
I live right smack dab in the middle of the US, and I've had no lag this evening. Kinda funny though, I've only heard one person w/ a headset in all my games.