PDA

View Full Version : Private Matches

UCB Disco
07-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Okay, since we all know the servers are sucking the big ones right now, I figured, "Why not just do a private match with a couple of my friends?" Nope. Can't do that, apparently. Private Matches actually need at least 16 people to start up, which goes against the Stats for Battlefield 1943, which says, "Players: 2-24".

Is this a lie? Or is this just part of the online problem? Thanks for any help.

Jetpac
07-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Okay, since we all know the servers are sucking the big ones right now, I figured, "Why not just do a private match with a couple of my friends?" Nope. Can't do that, apparently. Private Matches actually need at least 16 people to start up, which goes against the Stats for Battlefield 1943, which says, "Players: 2-24".

Is this a lie? Or is this just part of the online problem? Thanks for any help.

it doesnt matter anyway even if you fill the lobby up you cant start as it cant find any servers. been there, done that!

UCB Disco
07-08-2009, 05:47 PM
This is ridiculous. Oh, well. Gotta love a great launch for a game! And I'm definitely concerned for the longevity of the game, because if I can't just play with a few of my friends, what's the point? Aren't online-only games supposed to cater to the numbers, especially if they gloat "2-24 players"?

Again, this is ridiculous.

LesPaulPlaya
07-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Agreed ^^^^

bigmcilmoyle
07-09-2009, 01:51 AM
i hope they fix the issue of min players after they get these servers up and running.

Agusta1
07-09-2009, 05:48 AM
i thought that was stupid as well, I wanted to just roam around on the maps with a friend to get the feel but I guess its not possible without 22 other players.

EA demon strikes again

Strongbow
07-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Yeah I was hoping to play like a 2v2 private match with my mates, hope DiCE change this.

BrassBallz
07-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Yeah it quite gay. We finally filled up the room and BAM, NO SERVERS AVAILABLE. WHy not just gray this out until it works? Why cause they want your $$$ first then fix it later. Greedy blood sucking vampires they are. It's like buying a new car that doesn't run. Retarded.

Kung Fu Jams
07-10-2009, 11:56 PM
I think that this has to be changed, as I would love 2v2s or 1v1s, especially dogfights with no distractions such as AA but does anyone know if it would even be possible to patch this issue?

UCB Disco
07-11-2009, 12:38 AM
I think that this has to be changed, as I would love 2v2s or 1v1s, especially dogfights with no distractions such as AA but does anyone know if it would even be possible to patch this issue?

It should be REAL easy to patch this issue, because they must have patched to create it. Reason being, when they demoed the game in certain areas, people were playing 2v2 matches. I even saw one video where a guy was playing a 1v2 match to show off the game, but it still showed that you should be able to play low numbers.