PDA

View Full Version : "Best Squad" Achievement Glitch.

Pages : [1] 2

Strongbow
07-08-2009, 06:55 PM
I have been in the best squad on all 3 maps but it hasn't unlocked, I went through it twice on every map and still no luck, any ideas people?

Thanks.

Edit: This Achievement is infact 'Glitched', please post at the official forums aswell as here so that the guys at DiCE can sort this out for us, here is the thread I started there:-

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-1943/735901-xbox-360-best-squad-achievement-glitched.html

Oh and here to:-

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-1943/735529-official-bugs-glitches-found-thread-2.html

EDIT 2:-

GOOD NEWS! A DICE EMPLOYEE OVER AT THE OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 1943 FORUMS SAYS THAT THEY ARE NOW LOOKING INTO IT.

Edit 3:-

If you want the achievement but it wont unlock then play the game without being in a squad, this has worked for so many people including myself.

FYC Punker
07-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Its not glitched people have it.

Your proboly just wrong keep playing.

Strongbow
07-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Its not glitched people have it.

Your proboly just wrong keep playing.

No I'm not wrong thank-you very much, It just won't unlock for me, I have been in the best squad whilst on the winning team on all three maps and I did it again but still no luck.

FYC Punker
07-08-2009, 07:02 PM
No I'm not wrong thank-you very much, It just won't unlock for me, I have been in the best squad whilst on the winning team on all three maps and I did it again but still no luck.

Ok well like i said its not glitched people have it.

Do this:

Go into your stats and awards and see if you have the badge for it,if you do its glitched,if you dont your wrong.

DeafSunchaser
07-08-2009, 07:14 PM
LOL ...... he is right and your wrong..... :D

Strongbow
07-08-2009, 07:22 PM
No I don't have the patch, but I really have done it though, I must have made a mistake, I will keep trying anyway, thanks again.

Com_Raven
07-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Doesn't Coral Sea count for this?

Strongbow
07-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Doesn't Coral Sea count for this?

Nope, just the first unlocked 3.

FYC Punker
07-08-2009, 07:28 PM
No I don't have the patch, but I really have done it though, I must have made a mistake, I will keep trying anyway, thanks again.

No problem but next time dont be so fast to get nasty when someone gives a tip...

And no Coral Sea doesnt count like i said people have it already.

The achievement i mean.

Strongbow
07-08-2009, 07:30 PM
No problem but next time dont be so fast to get nasty when someone gives a tip...

And no Coral Sea doesnt count like i said people have it already.

The achievement i mean.

I wasn't being nasty, I don't know why you thought that.

Well I've just gone round them all a third time top squad on all 3 but still no achievement.

FYC Punker
07-08-2009, 07:32 PM
No I'm not wrong thank-you very much

Sorry i read it in a way that it sounded nasty :p

Strongbow
07-08-2009, 07:36 PM
I can't get back into the game now lol, just says searching for games.

ITD Soldierboy
07-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Doesn't work for me either. I got best in squad 11 times(I counted) and no achievement.
I got 4 on Wake Island
3 on Iwo Jima
4 on Guadacanel.

DemonI81
07-08-2009, 07:42 PM
The patch is for top squad on each map TWICE. People need to learn to read. The OP is right, I've been in the Top Squad on Wake Island twice, Iwo-Jima once and Guadalacanal once or twice. Still no achievement.

FYC Punker
07-08-2009, 07:45 PM
The patch is for top squad on each map TWICE. People need to learn to read. The OP is right, I've been in the Top Squad on Wake Island twice, Iwo-Jima once and Guadalacanal once or twice. Still no achievement.

I think you need to learn to read there buddy.

I know the patch is for doing it twice,hench the fact why i told him to check if he had it,becuase if he did,then without a doubt his achievement was glitched and seeing as how he doesnt have it,i told him to keep playing.

Strongbow
07-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Doesn't work for me either. I got best in squad 11 times(I counted) and no achievement.
I got 4 on Wake Island
3 on Iwo Jima
4 on Guadacanel.

Yep thats roughly what I've done too, this sucks, well there only Achievements I suppose, I sometimes forget that lol :)

FYC Punker
07-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Yep thats roughly what I've done too, this sucks, well there only Achievements I suppose, I sometimes forget that lol :)

Besides this is a game that we will be playing for a while do you need the achievement right now?

I'm sure when it pops up from just playing the game you will be like :woop:BOW CHIKA BOW WOW!!!! :p

Trash Man
07-08-2009, 07:50 PM
This unlocked for me earlier. I never even knew I did what was required to get it.

Hope it's just something silly and you guys get it soon.

Strongbow
07-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Besides this is a game that we will be playing for a while do you need the achievement right now?

I'm sure when it pops up from just playing the game you will be like :woop:BOW CHIKA BOW WOW!!!! :p

I just like to get them out of the way thats all, I know it's stupid but thats just how I am, I will keep on trying....

This unlocked for me earlier. I never even knew I did what was required to get it.

Thanks mate.

ITD Soldierboy
07-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Question Strongbow. Have you been in Private or Open squads, and in those squads have there been exactly 4 people?

Strongbow
07-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Question Strongbow. Have you been in Private or Open squads, and in those squads have there been exactly 4 people?

Open Squads and 3-4 people, Is that where I'm going wrong?

UCB Disco
07-08-2009, 07:59 PM
I was kind of wondering the same thing. I've at least been in the Best Squad for two of the maps, but I guess I'm still missing Iwo Jima. Oh, well. Still need to work on 100 games anyway, so is it really a big deal? hahaha.

ITD Soldierboy
07-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Open Squads and 3-4 people, Is that where I'm going wrong?

Not sure, I've been open as well. Maybe it has to be closed?

Strongbow
07-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Not sure, I've been open as well. Maybe it has to be closed?

I don't think it should matter, but you never know, I added you, so we can have a crack at a private squad later.

Giant Enemy Cat
07-08-2009, 08:21 PM
I swear I got the achievement without being in the top squad in any of the maps...

Confusing.

ColinLad07
07-08-2009, 08:45 PM
i have the achievment and i got it no problemm hmmm

ZundayXx
07-08-2009, 09:25 PM
I got this allong with Pacific campaign achievement... lol...

WampisPL
07-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Same problem here, it says that I'm in the top squad at the end in almost every game, in half of them I have the most points, but I don't have this achievement yet. I even got already Tour of Duty I, and not the Best Squad. In my rewards I have only one Best Squad badge got at the beginnig and not one since.

Strongbow
07-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Well just been round them all with a friend, he got the achievement and I didn't, so this is definitely glitched.

SixtyeightState
07-08-2009, 11:44 PM
I just got the achievement on Guadacanal

...and I wasn't even in a squad. So to be honest I rly do think this achievement is kinda glitched, cos I'm not sure I've ever won on Wake Island. Meh... atleast I got it.

Strongbow
07-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Just gone round once again getting best squad lol becuase the map rotation is in two's I did them twice, oh and this time it was a private squad.

Sixtyeightstate, thanks for posting, so it is glitched then, the damb thing is I didn't even get the patch.

SixtyeightState
07-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Sixtyeightstate, thanks for posting, so it is glitched then, the damb thing is I didn't even get the patch.

Yeah, no problem. You should try to contact DICE or EA and see what's up. I know they have a twitter, maybe you could message them about it thru that.

*edit*
Or maybe you can try going to these forums : http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/33.page

Marcus issavage
07-09-2009, 12:15 AM
I got the achievement playing by myself. I had the most points of both teams, and my name wasn't in top squad since I was by myself so I don't know.

ITD Soldierboy
07-09-2009, 12:22 AM
Alright so from what I've heard, nobody actually ever got it legit. I posted this on xbox, and pretty much the same. Those that got it, got it randomly.

Looks like above all this mess with the servers and connections, theres also a glitched achievement.

EDIT: I believe that the servers are causing this mess. Hopefully once the servers are back to normal, so will our achievements?

oldaddyjoker
07-09-2009, 12:27 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
funniest thing I've read on BS1943 threads today

SixtyeightState
07-09-2009, 03:19 AM
Yeah, I've read around a little bit and it seems like almost everyone has just gotten this achievement randomly. People should make some noise about it on the EA forums : http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/33.page

bigmcilmoyle
07-09-2009, 05:28 AM
i have been top squad on all three maps but overall our team didn't win. I't mighr mean you'r team has to win and you need to be top squad or it's just glitched.

UCB Disco
07-09-2009, 07:14 AM
I actually unlocked this achievement after getting one kill in like my 20th game. I was like, "What the crap?!", because I was already wondering why I didn't have the achievement yet. Now I'm wondering HOW I got the achievement. hahaha. Maybe just a delay in the unlocking.

MaximDane
07-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Perhaps the description on the achivement itself is incorrect? I noticed some inconsistances in the Top Squad listings in the end of the games...so im not sure its glitched , i think it might be gained for something else then beeing in top squad an all three maps....

Andy91145
07-09-2009, 09:16 AM
i can confirm that this is glitchy as hell i got it and i was worst in squad i only played each map once and it was pair up with win a match on each map

Madmax410
07-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Yeah the achievement's glitched. I actually got mine on a losing battle on the Guancanals map (LOLSPELLING), and I wasn't even in a squad. I'm pretty sure I did nothing special to be on top of the match's leaderboards, either.

Luckily, 100 games is a lonng way off. If your lucky you'll unlock it by then.

Same here.

Amblix
07-09-2009, 09:36 AM
It's not glitched, jsut the wrong description.

You have to get best squad on all 3 maps as both sides. Making it so you need to get it 6 times total.

I got it last night, we got best squad 8 times in a row, Iwo, Guada, Iwo, and them after doing both sides of Wake we got it.

Strongbow
07-09-2009, 11:27 AM

You have to get best squad on all 3 maps as both sides. Making it so you need to get it 6 times total.

I got it last night, we got best squad 8 times in a row, Iwo, Guada, Iwo, and them after doing both sides of Wake we got it.

Nope, I will have also done that too, but it didn't unlock and that doesn't explain all the people who unlocked it that weren't even in squads.

LethalEdge
07-09-2009, 12:14 PM

Same thing happened to me.

IIILeafIII
07-09-2009, 12:18 PM
i got the achievement without going into a squad

LethalEdge
07-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Does the game assign you to a random squad (like BF:BC) if you don't open a new squad?

ITD Soldierboy
07-09-2009, 12:33 PM

Nope. I got Best Squad as each side and on each map at least twice.

Does the game assign you to a random squad (like BF:BC) if you don't open a new squad?

No you have to join a squad yourself.

Strongbow
07-09-2009, 12:39 PM
A mate just told me he got it by playing 3 games about an hour ago without being in a squad and it unlocked for him, I tried it and no luck lol.

LethalEdge
07-09-2009, 12:53 PM
No you have to join a squad yourself.

If that's the case, then I got the achievement on my own without being in a squad :/ Although I did get it at the end of the match.

Strongbow
07-09-2009, 02:28 PM
If that's the case, then I got the achievement on my own without being in a squad :/ Although I did get it at the end of the match.

I hope this gets fixed soon or just randomly pops up.

Seany Show
07-09-2009, 02:39 PM
I had wondered why this hadn't popped up for me just yet. Think I will have to give not being in a squad a go as that seems like it works for some people. Otherwise I'm sure I will get it during the 100games anyway.

sneh
07-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Mine seemed glitched, but then came good. I had the patch, and had made sure I'd been top squad on every map more then twice but didnt get it. Then I joined a game, got a kill, got a flag cap, I would have been lucky to be in there for 3mins before the game ended and the achievement popped.

WampisPL
07-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Just tried to play without a team and it finally worked! So just join a game, press A and play on all the maps alone doing your best, hopefully you will get it.
So maybe it's not glitched, it's "glitched" for people who really want to get it and always try to be in the best team instead of pressing A and playing.

ITD Soldierboy
07-09-2009, 03:35 PM
I like your theory Wampis, only problem though is that I also have been the best, but not in a squad, and it still did not unlock.

Strongbow
07-09-2009, 04:21 PM
I like your theory Wampis, only problem though is that I also have been the best, but not in a squad, and it still did not unlock.

Just gone round them all again with friends in the best squad and still no luck lol, I have also been playing games without being in a squad hoping to get lucky.

Bladez x360a
07-09-2009, 04:21 PM

...and I wasn't even in a squad. So to be honest I rly do think this achievement is kinda glitched, cos I'm not sure I've ever won on Wake Island. Meh... atleast I got it.

Hi people on the internet i can safely say this acheivment is glitched i have done the acheivment on 3 dummy accounts and it unlocked on 1 the achivment seems to pop at the most weird moments so keep playing and it should pop:locked

Strongbow
07-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi people on the internet i can safely say this acheivment is glitched i have done the acheivment on 3 dummy accounts and it unlocked on 1 the achivment seems to pop at the most weird moments so keep playing and it should pop:locked

Thanks for the conformation mate, so from the start of this thread of me being wrong and the achievement not being glitched to me being right and the achievement being glitched.

Anyway keep trying people, good luck with it!

Elit3 m0nkey
07-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Yep its glitched, went through each map with Top Squad (with same people) at least once for each and didn't unlock. This sucks, because other than this achievement, I only have Tour of Duty II. Hopefully it will be fixed or it will appear randomly.

Sogeman
07-09-2009, 05:12 PM
If you look on battlefield1943.com in the profile of one who has it you can see it says: Be in the best squad 3 times on each map!

http://battlefield1943.com/soldier/profile/180626057/360

look at the awards

Cloak
07-09-2009, 05:18 PM
have you won when you got it?

WampisPL
07-09-2009, 05:33 PM
If you look on battlefield1943.com in the profile of one who has it you can see it says: Be in the best squad 3 times on each map!

http://battlefield1943.com/soldier/profile/180626057/360

look at the awards
All the awards are diffrent from achievements despite of same names...

For people who still have trouble: check your number of Best Squad awards, I had only one, than after getting achievement 4, so you will not be able to get the achievement if you still have the same number of awards.

Sogeman
07-09-2009, 05:34 PM
I didn't get it yet. But I don't think you need to win. The best squad is the best of both teams (i think, didn't pay much attention). I think you just have to be 9 times in the best squad. 3 per map.

Those who have it should just check if they got the award, if yes they are the same

WeemanNewYork
07-09-2009, 05:37 PM
I just got my and it pop up. I was not best squad in game and IDK why I got this.

I got lucky.

Sogeman
07-09-2009, 05:42 PM
The Postcards can only be obtained once and some give Achievements

from the homepage, so it could be a possibility

Elit3 m0nkey
07-09-2009, 06:00 PM
I just unlocked a few minutes ago. My tip, don't play in a squad and be in the top 5 for PLAYERS. That's my guess.

NOTE: We are talking about the ACHIEVEMENT not the in game AWARD. So don't say how to get the in game award.

Sogeman
07-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Are there only stupid people here?

Some Awards unlock achievements why not this one. Until someone officialy claims otherwise :uzi::eek:

acdougla17
07-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Are there only stupid people here?

Some Awards unlock achievements why not this one. Until someone officialy claims otherwise :uzi::eek:

Have you even read the posts in this topic. People are getting the achievement mid-game or at the end of a game after not even being in a squad. So read a little before you start calling people "stupid."

Strongbow
07-09-2009, 06:25 PM
The 'Tour of Duty I' Achievement popped up at the end of my last game and I thought I had finally unlocked the 'Best Squad' achievement, I was really gutted lol.

General Boredom
07-09-2009, 06:26 PM
I've been in the Best Squad on each map multiple times, and no achievement.

I haven't received the in-game award either.

acdougla17
07-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Ok.... Just unlocked mine on Guadalcanal and I joined into the game late and only played about 2 mins and I was not in a squad. Achievement popped at the end of game

Strongbow
07-09-2009, 06:55 PM
I have made a thread over at the official Forums so the guys at Dice can see it, I linked this thread there also, if you guys could be so kind as to post there I would really appreciate it, even if you unlocked it randomly or you can't unlock it at all.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-1943/735901-xbox-360-best-squad-achievement-glitched.html#post10211924

and here

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-1943/735529-official-bugs-glitches-found-thread-2.html

Thanks guys.

Sogeman
07-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Ok forgot to mention that it says the same thing for the achievement. So it's glitched and the description is wrong.

Pashos
07-09-2009, 07:19 PM
I got the achievement when I don't think I should have. I got it after I was in the top 5 scorers on each map but I wasn't in the best squad on any map. I'm not complaining though.

That stinks that yours won't unlock :(

Strongbow
07-09-2009, 07:21 PM
I got the achievement when I don't think I should have. I got it after I was in the top 5 scorers on each map but I wasn't in the best squad on any map. I'm not complaining though.

That stinks that yours won't unlock :(

Yeah, but thanks for posting it all helps :)

Ok forgot to mention that it says the same thing for the achievement. So it's glitched and the description is wrong.

Hmmm thats not good either.

GOOD NEWS! A DICE EMPLOYEE OVER AT THE OFFICIAL BATTLEFIELD 1943 FORUMS SAYS THAT THEY ARE NOW LOOKING INTO IT.

Strongbow
07-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Great, now the Dice Employee is telling me that I'm wrong, this is what he said :-

"The requirement is "Be the best in the squad on all three maps". Not "Be in the best squad on all three maps"

Even though on Xbox.com it says:-

Best Squad
Be in the best squad on all three maps

So I don't know what to think now.....

sjanuary99
07-09-2009, 08:29 PM
i have this achievement and have never joined up as a squad with anybody.

i honestly think that you have to be in the top 5 players in all the maps not in the top squad, even if it says to be in the top squad. that is the only reasonable way that i got the achievement.

DeafSunchaser
07-09-2009, 08:53 PM
well i have never joind but i got the award no probs! lol

CGPsaint
07-09-2009, 10:40 PM
I was in a squad with 1 other person and was awarded top squad six games in a row. I got the achievement after finally playing the 3rd map during my sixth game.

MasterSparky
07-09-2009, 10:47 PM

Same for me... Only on my 5th/6th game (Just managed to start playing it tonight) and it popped up. :D

Cymru kakashi
07-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Wow i'm lucky this unlocked no problem for me :S I had no idea it was glitched. I hope this gets fixed soon mind for you guys, I love this game

x CmOn3y x
07-09-2009, 11:24 PM
hmmm I got it after being the best in the squad on only 1 map

One1 Man Clan
07-09-2009, 11:42 PM
i got this achievement without ever being in he top squad, but i was regulary in the top 5 players with the most points, so maybe its that instead of the top suad

General Boredom
07-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Ok, so I've stopped playing in squads and so far, I've gotten 2 Best Squad awards and 1 Squad Excellence award.

Analgia
07-10-2009, 01:36 AM
The achievements not glitched. There's a problem communicating with the server at the end of match so it displays you as the best team when your not.

If you get a badge you're the best squad otherwise it's just a server error.

bigmcilmoyle
07-10-2009, 04:09 AM
has anyone figured out how to get this award glitched or none glitched. people have been having all sorts of wacky issues.

Strongbow
07-10-2009, 06:05 AM
The achievements not glitched. There's a problem communicating with the server at the end of match so it displays you as the best team when your not.

If you get a badge you're the best squad otherwise it's just a server error.

When I played with 3 of my friends, I counted our score together and it was way more than any other four people could have scored, we added up our scores about 6 times and the best squad was ours to be had on each map, our points were miles ahead of the other guys playing on both sides....

MaximDane
07-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Like someone said earlier..... looking at the www.battlefield1943.com (http://www.battlefield1943.com) description of this achivement the description says "Be in the best squad three times on each map"

This is not the postcards description but the description for the achivement on that page... I have noticed that even if you dont join a squad and stick by yourself it will even count you as beeing in a squad although its just you in that squad so you can get it that way to.

I dont think this achivement is glitched so much as the description on it beeing totally FUBAR....

My two cents....everyones seems to be able to get it, they just dont know how most of the time......... because it sure isnt the way the description says ;)

JohnnyR74
07-10-2009, 06:50 AM
I unlocked this halfway through a game on Guadalcanal while I was in a squad with my friends. Just keep playing, guys. I was worried it wouldn't unlock for me, but it did, so keep playing.

Koruptos
07-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Well I can confirm that I only got the best squad once on Iwo-Jima and got the achievement being on the best squad. Sniped someone running across across the scope with a headshot by complete fluke just a second before the game ended (didn't even see him before put scope on) and then up popped 2 achievements for 30g. These were the Best Squad and Pacific Campaign (1 win on each map), had the best squad on the other 2 maps at least 8 times each but for some reason only played on Iwo-Jima 3 times now so was 1st win and 1st best squad.

Hope you guys get your achievements. :)

Giptuc
07-10-2009, 07:57 AM
i got it after coming first on each map.

i was only in the best squad on Wake Island and Iwo-Jima, but i still have it

def glitched though

JamKaBlam
07-10-2009, 09:43 AM
I have never been in a squad and randomly unlocked the achievement when completing Iwo-Jima and i didn't even get in the top 5 players...

It's bizarre, i guess it's some sort of client syncing issue regarding the scores? Seeing as how there is obvious server issues at the moment, syncing must be having a heck of a time trying to keep up.

Ganith
07-10-2009, 02:08 PM
I got It near the end of a match on Wake Island. I was not in a squad and I was not in the top 5. I head shot an enemy and it gave it to me.

DanGarf
07-10-2009, 02:26 PM
It is glitched for me. I got the award for the best squad, and I still have not gotten the achievement. I have also counted the multiple times that I have gotten the best squads in game.

Psymox
07-10-2009, 02:31 PM
I just got the achievement after getting top squad on Guadalcanal. 100% sure i've had top squad on all 3 maps atleast 3 times but it took forever to unlock, it does seem bugged. +I don't have the squad postcard yet so that seem a bit iffy too.

While Panther
07-10-2009, 04:18 PM
I think its pretty safe to say that you have a better chance to unlock it if you dont play in a squad, at least for now. When I first started I had no idea how to join a squad so I played by myself and got 2 of those "best squad" patches in the reward section. Then I started playing in squads and got none of them even though I was in the best squad nearly every time. Last night I started playing by myself again and got on the top 5 in 4 of 4 matches and I recieved 3 more of those patches.

Ill try playing more by myself again today and see if it unlocks

Infection Ftw
07-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Lol it unlocked after I got a kill assist of an air raid.

Expoze
07-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Had this pop up for me this morning when i've never even been in a squad lol, definitley something up with it.

CptSimpson
07-10-2009, 06:10 PM
lol it poped for me randonly in the middle of a match. I wasnt even in a squad, i was just capping a flag and while i was getting the flag, it popped... odd :)

ChillcoRE
07-10-2009, 07:07 PM
I got it randomly about 5 minutes into a match., wasn't even in a squad.

SuperTongue
07-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Still waiting for mine to unlock. Just went through all three maps and got best squad at least once on all of them to make sure.

Argh, this is the only achievement besides 100 matches that I need!

BrassBallz
07-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Odd. I got mine yesterday....

chaosisover
07-10-2009, 08:15 PM
I just died and then fell off the light house and...Achievement Unlocked! =]

SuperTongue
07-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Just got it after not playing in a squad for a few rounds (at least 5 to 10). I had gotten best squad at least twice on each map but never got it until now.

Good luck to those of you who still didn't get it!

MaSoNaRy22
07-10-2009, 10:55 PM
I got it randomly about 5 minutes into a match., wasn't even in a squad.

same here. it randomly popped up 10 mins into a game.

ZundayXx
07-10-2009, 11:49 PM
They could have better named it: ''Just wait'' with the Description: ''Just play the game and this achievement will pop up someday'' >.<

klix360
07-11-2009, 12:43 AM
The achievement is glitched, I got it after being first in the top 5 players and by the awards, i've been 'The Best' only once.

mrbuddhaking
07-11-2009, 12:46 AM
i got the achievement on my third or fourth match, I know for a fact I never onced was in the list that says top squad, thinking over Im pretty sure no one was on that list in my third or fourth match.....:drunk

ITD Soldierboy
07-11-2009, 02:09 AM
Great, now the Dice Employee is telling me that I'm wrong, this is what he said :-

"The requirement is "Be the best in the squad on all three maps". Not "Be in the best squad on all three maps"

Even though on Xbox.com it says:-

Best Squad
Be in the best squad on all three maps

So I don't know what to think now.....

If this is true, then I only need Guadacanal. I just got Wake Island and Iwo Jima as the best in squad and best squad in a row once again.

Also something weird happened earlier today. I joined a match and I got one kill and the game ended, and I was in the best squad even though I only had 1 kill and was by myself. I guess I was in the only squad in the game.

riotide
07-11-2009, 02:13 AM
Yeah this thing is so messed up. What triggered it for me was being the best player in a game. Makes no sense.

Lucky CX7
07-11-2009, 02:55 AM
I had made sure that I was in the top squad in each map and it didn't unlock. Then while just playing I was 3rd or 4th top score and it unlocked for me at the end of a match (I had the last kill of that round). And I wasn't even in a squad that time.

Lost In Shower
07-11-2009, 04:10 AM
this has happened to me also but for two of the maps i was the only one in my squad. maybe thats the problem?

While Panther
07-11-2009, 05:06 AM
I just got this achievement a few hours ago.

I had won on all 3 maps in the best squad at least once but it didn't unlock. I played 6 more matches, 2 on each map, and got in the top 5 (without a squad) on all of them. I was number 5 in the top 5 on Guadacanal and got the achievement.

My best bet is if your not getting this go solo and shoot for the top 5.

BlindxLink
07-11-2009, 10:43 AM
I also don't have this.

I've tried several things to get this, try getting top squad without being in the top players section as well, going solo, getting top everything. It's just complicated and should be fixed..

Anyway, here's some pictures i just took showing proof.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/BlindxLink/20090711-033337.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/BlindxLink/20090711-033342.jpg

Cjmainy
07-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Mine just randomly unlocked about 30 seconds ago.

pX I Atticus
07-11-2009, 01:05 PM
i got this by being in the Top 5 players ive never been in a squad so i guess this is the way to get it

MisterSquidward
07-11-2009, 01:25 PM
From the sounds of it, it will just unlock randomly on the way to 100 matches :p

CGPsaint
07-11-2009, 02:07 PM
According to my stats sheet, I have been "Best Squad" 19 times. Whenever I join a match I always click B to join an available squad. Then I put it out of my mind because there is no point trying to coordinate with random people who are all running in different directions. (You have to love the 8 teammates who all stand around on the carrier waiting for an airplane...) My method of joining and forgetting seems to have worked because I have the achievement!

Strongbow
07-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Right I just got the achievement after playing a few games without being in a squad, I got loads of squad patches aswell on my own, I wasn't in the top 5 players and the achievement popped up half way through the game.

So my advice would be the same as many others, just don't play in a squad.

Good luck guys, I will still be looking into it for those that don't have it yet and thanks to the other guys posting how they got it, big help that was.

Cheers!

impatientiain
07-11-2009, 03:40 PM
there is deffo something up with the achievement i got it while not being in a squad.

DeviousD
07-11-2009, 04:11 PM
It randomly unlocked for me while i was in my garden. Strange but not true.

DanGarf
07-11-2009, 05:44 PM
*sigh* I'm a warrant officer now, and still no achievement.

Sogeman
07-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Ok just got into a match that ended 2 minutes later. I wasn't in a squad and near the bottom of the list and got it afterwards.

Verdict: don't play in a squad till you get it and just play like always it will come.

After that I had my best round yet with 17 Kills, 400 points, 4 earned stamps and 1st overall place with 100 points difference (9 or so MG kills on Wake Island Airport @ the entrance) they just kept coming and I just kept shooting. I'm not really good at this game but that was a rush :woop: First timeI used the rifle and I think I will keep on using it

Stickman400
07-11-2009, 08:28 PM
This achievement is glitched or something because I was sniping people on Iwo Jima and it popped up in the middle of the game.

Flips360
07-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks god I got it. When I wasn´t in a Squad and reached 500 points it unlocked.

In at Man
07-12-2009, 04:37 AM
Sorry to hear that it's glitched for some. It popped on day one after I finished top on all three maps. I was in a squad with three of my clan members. Maybe it requires you to be in a four-man squad when you search for a game. We grouped up before we entered the game.

StolenPaper18
07-12-2009, 04:41 AM
Sorry to hear that it's glitched for some. It popped on day one after I finished top on all three maps. I was in a squad with three of my clan members. Maybe it requires you to be in a four-man squad when you search for a game. We grouped up before we entered the game.

I got it right when I was supposed to as well. I just joined a random squad and after being the best on all three it popped right after.

Hoborg
07-12-2009, 05:12 AM
This must be glitched. I got mine pretty randomly during one game and I hadn't gotten the "Pacific" achievement at that time. I also sucked pretty bad during my first 1-2 hours so I know I didn't get it by skill.

I feel sorry for all who's been in top squads but didn't get it.

JaCKsWaS7eDL1Fe
07-12-2009, 06:50 AM
yep...glitched for me...ive got it several times on each map now

Porta1980
07-12-2009, 06:55 AM
This achievement is without a doubt glitched mine popped up in the middle of a gamenot even at the end and it was about 5 games after i got best squad on all 3 maps. i think the description is wrong for the achievement and that is not actually what u have to do to get it. just keep playing and it will randomly pop up at some point.

Squirrel257
07-12-2009, 07:18 AM
I got it just before. It poped up after playing Wake Island. It was the 4th time I had had best squad on all the maps, but that round I got around 700 points so maybe. Anyway, goodluck to everyone who is still waiting for theirs.

B1indSide
07-12-2009, 08:02 AM
I still haven't got it yet, but for some reason I joined a guy on my friend's list, and he said it unlocked for him mid-game right when I joined his squad... weird. Also I have 11 top squad awards, but it's not a big deal, it will unlock one way or another on my way to 100. Just bizarre that my friend got it when I joined him.

MisterSquidward
07-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Mines just popped up randomly, Id just been to see the sandcastle on Guadalcanal, then when i swam back to shore i got a kill assist by shooting someone then it popped up!

HuStLa x MaX
07-12-2009, 11:17 AM
This achievement is glitched. One of my friends got it after he got the Milkrun achievement and I got it in the middle of a game on Wake Island in about my 15th game. :confused:

MopFlop
07-12-2009, 01:24 PM
glitched for me as ive counted how many times ive been in top squads and its 2 times on each map so far. but the weird thing is i only have the top squad stamp 3 times, not 6.
anyone else who with this achievement glitched have a lower number of squad stamps than they should have?

Honeycut1ddp
07-12-2009, 03:12 PM

Same thing happened with me. I think I was in 5th place on my team and the achievement popped at the end of the match (got the milkrun achievement then as well). Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, hell it was a pleasant surprise.

MopFlop
07-12-2009, 03:55 PM
i just got it XD
wasnt even in a squad and didnt have a high score XD

Syrette
07-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Any news on whether this is actually getting worked on?

Sorry for being lazy, just don't feel like going through pages and pages of EA forum threads.

:P

hestar
07-12-2009, 08:07 PM
*sigh* I'm a warrant officer now, and still no achievement.

same here :(

Any news on whether this is actually getting worked on?

Sorry for being lazy, just don't feel like going through pages and pages of EA forum threads.

:P

I hope so,Among other things they need to be working on

T0b3
07-12-2009, 08:15 PM
i just got it XD
wasnt even in a squad and didnt have a high score XD

I hope the same happens to me very soon.. : /

Syrette
07-12-2009, 08:29 PM
I looked in one of those EA threads after all and I got the impression one of the DICE guys didn't really understand how glitched this is.

xEVILxSEEDx
07-12-2009, 10:00 PM
just because sum people have it and sum dont could be that its glitched. like in wolverine orgins ive done the areial master (knock 6 enemys in the air at the same time) tons of times i have witnesses and i still havnt got the achievement. so exampln that. cause ive got friends with all 1000 in it . when an achievement is glitched it could be for everyone or just 1 person. in my achievement clan we ve all had these issues.

hestar
07-13-2009, 12:52 AM
Yeah this achievement was glitched for me as well..I was in a tank on wake island killing people trying to take the last flag when all of a sudden after taking out 8 of em and dying,achievement unlocked..About time this thing unlocked! :uzi:.

BackSlash4040
07-13-2009, 06:13 AM
yep same here, haven't gotten it, and been best like 5 times now. I think i'll try the no squad thing tomorrow, maybe i'll get it :p. It's really weird, probably worded wrong. I just want to get the 200 it's such a pain lol

GHOST1986
07-13-2009, 08:30 AM
I helped my friend get it today. We were in a squad with two other guys and we just kept on winning and when we played the third map he got his achievement. But when I played I got it by myself by being ranked top player on all 3 maps.

chriscokesprite
07-13-2009, 02:04 PM
This is quite annoying :p My mate just got it when he wasn't even in the top squad.. I hope they fix this

TESTUBE BABY 82
07-13-2009, 02:04 PM
got mine yesterday.it registered as 1 best squad won for days even though i won at least 15 through all maps then i played without a squad for 3 matches then it popped.strange so dont play in a squad

JC
07-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Just got this, at the end of a match, when I was in the top squad. So it seems like it did not glitch for me. :)

Perhaps you have to be top squad on all 3 maps as both the US Marines and the Japanese Navy?

Syrette
07-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Any word on whether DICE are still going to fix this?

It's only an achievement at the end of the day but it would be nice.

Strongbow
07-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Any word on whether DICE are still going to fix this?

It's only an achievement at the end of the day but it would be nice.

According to DiCE it's not broken, one DiCE employee told me that I was reading it wrong and it infact said "Be the Best IN your squad on each map" but then I explained that is not what it says on Xbox.com which said "Be In The Best Squad On Each Map" he then told me that he was mixed up and it's actually the servers that are messed up saying you are in the top squad when you are not, to wich I replied why are people including myself unlocking it mid match and not in a squad and he didn't reply.

So it looks like they are doing f**k all about it I'm afraid.

Apple
07-13-2009, 07:35 PM
I've now played over 100 matches, rank 30, have the Best Squad Stamp x12 (which is way off of what I have, probably 30+) and still no achievement. Not cool.

chriscokesprite
07-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Ok I finally got it.. I didn't join a squad and got in the top 5 players on each map and the achievement unlocked, don't know if it will work for you but try joining a game on your own, don't join a squad and get in the top 5 :)

T0b3
07-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Yes, I also got it now. : )

After I've replayed every map and confirmed that I was in the top squad, it popped right after I've played a mao without being in a squad at all.

Weird glitch. However, it popped so:

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/brilliant.jpg

Ry8an25oliver93
07-13-2009, 11:34 PM
I got it, when I wasn't even in a squad. =/

nateredish
07-14-2009, 01:08 AM
this is so aggravating, tried it in a squad, not in a squad, first on all 3 maps last on maps and nothing. whats more is that my top squad award is stuck at 5. i love battlefield games but dice ALWAYS has some glitched-ass achievements

Pjotrski
07-14-2009, 07:17 AM
I finally got it.
I had been in best squad on all 3 maps in the last few days.
Then, the first round I finished solo, it unlocked.
I only played half that round, only 2 kills and last place in scoreboard, but it still unlocked at the end of that round.

tyrok3k
07-14-2009, 08:49 AM
Mine finally unlocked today. I did the whole play by yourself thing, got a squad award during the match and it unlocked when the match ended. Just working towards the 100 matches achievement now.

Pippers
07-14-2009, 11:49 AM
I've been playing a ton, and could not get the Best Squad ach (I was top player and in best squad on all 3 maps numerous times). After reading this thread, ON MY VERY NEXT GAME, I left the squad I was in, and didn't even do particularly well. My team lost, and at the conclusion of that, got the ach.

So, I think once you've gotten Best Squad on all 3 maps and won the maps, just play a game (or the majority of it) outside of a squad and hopefully it will pop for you.

Mightymango
07-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Glad that people figured out the "work around" for it.

I was starting to get a bit pissed off.

The 30 match achievement isn't popping either after about 50 matches.

thelastlambda
07-14-2009, 04:00 PM
finally got it... dont know what I did but I was in the best squad 5-10 time on each map but when I played by myself I got it.

Pyrio
07-14-2009, 04:09 PM
i got it too pretty fast. when i got it i was only once in a squad by than (it was the best squad) so i definitely wasn't in the best squad on every map. and when it unlocked i wasn't even in a squad...

Cheesegod
07-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Ok well like i said its not glitched people have it.

Do this:

Go into your stats and awards and see if you have the badge for it,if you do its glitched,if you dont your wrong.

I have the badge for it but I know I was never in the best squad. The badges are definitely glitched as well..

T0b3
07-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Glad that people figured out the "work around" for it.

I was starting to get a bit pissed off.

The 30 match achievement isn't popping either after about 50 matches.

How you you know about the total games you've played? Always looked for such an info in BF1943 but never found it.

Strongbow
07-14-2009, 05:44 PM
How you you know about the total games you've played? Always looked for such an info in BF1943 but never found it.

He might have got the ingame award for playing 50 games, as far as I know there is no way to find it out.

Apple
07-14-2009, 06:05 PM
There are actually stats & leaderboards at www.battlefield1943.com, but for the time being they are down to do upgrades to them (or something).

Strongbow
07-14-2009, 06:07 PM
There are actually stats & leaderboards at www.battlefield1943.com (http://www.battlefield1943.com), but for the time being they are down to do upgrades to them (or something).

Yeah but they don't show you games played.....

Apple
07-14-2009, 06:20 PM
There are actually stats & leaderboards at www.battlefield1943.com (http://www.battlefield1943.com), but for the time being they are down to do upgrades to them (or something).

Yeah but they don't show you games played.....

Yes they do, it's under "My Soldier," but again, the page is down. You also have to have your gamertag linked to your EA account, and be logged in.

Strongbow
07-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Yes they do, it's under "My Soldier," but again, the page is down. You also have to have your gamertag linked to your EA account, and be logged in.

I know they are down you don't need to re-bold your posts, I looked at them quite alot before they were taken down for improvements, I can't remember them showing your played games, but I could be wrong.

Also is there any need for such a big sig? I don't think so.

Apple
07-14-2009, 06:27 PM

Haha, I'm not exactly sure why this has somehow turned into an argument, but the fact is the page does show you your games played. I remember it showing my 65 games played before it went down, and when it goes back up you can look on My Soldier page to find 130+ games played.

Serious?

Strongbow
07-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Haha, I'm not exactly sure why this has somehow turned into an argument, but the fact is the page does show you your games played. I remember it showing my 65 games played before it went down, and when it goes back up you can look on My Soldier page to find 130+ games played.

Serious?

Like I said, I could be wrong, and yes I am serious about your sig, there is just no need for it to be that big, but I don't make the rules.

guillermo316
07-14-2009, 06:45 PM
yeah, it's glitched, just play the game =) without or with a aquad several times.

T0b3
07-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Okay, the 30 matches cheevo just popped up. 70 to go. : D

Infomouse
07-14-2009, 09:04 PM
:(still not unlocking for me:(

clokey
07-14-2009, 09:32 PM
I have no idea why you all think its 'glitched', it was one of the first achievements me and friends got and everyone I know hasn't had a problem with it.

Strongbow
07-14-2009, 10:30 PM
I have no idea why you all think its 'glitched', it was one of the first achievements me and friends got and everyone I know hasn't had a problem with it.

We don't think it's glitched, we know it's glitched just read through this thread.

Gun-Nut
07-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Seems glitched for sure :( I've deffo been in best squad on all 3 maps and no luck, I've even played a few games not in a squad and no luck.

TroyN
07-14-2009, 10:45 PM

Prehaps because it is glitched? Just because you have it doesn't mean it's not glitched. Glitched doesn't mean no one can get it, it just means the requirement isn't working correctly. And it is NOT working correctly.

I just noticed something though... prehaps the best squad section at the end of the round is wrong? I've been paying more attention lately. I noticed pretty much any squad I was in, was best squad. So when I played with no squard I noticed people would get in Best Squad that is 1 single person with 0 kills and 10 score. Then I got in best squad with about 5th best on the server when I know the other team, which won, had a squad. I saw them spawn from them and that's the only way to do that. So maybe we just think we're geting best squad when we really aren't. Which would explain why clans and people who are in squads alot seem to get it easily.

EDIT: and funny enough, now I have another best squad stamp after the scenario I just mentioned. So... something is broken bad then. It looks like you get best squad (that will actually count) more often when not in a squad.

EDIT 2: Ok I just got it. If you're trying for this do not join a squad. I literally just got it after playing all 3 maps, not in a squad, and not on the top squad board at the end. Actually... top squad was blank when I got it.

AK Punk
07-15-2009, 12:07 AM
I finally gave up on going in a squad and I played through a full game without being in a squad and it unlocked for me at the end of the match. I used just the Pistol since I was going for the stamp. Hope this some what helps

SaintKnight
07-15-2009, 03:08 AM
I got it randomly by just driving around in the car and ran someone over. I was in a squad, by the way. I ran the guy over while going to the objective and it popped up.

SteelCity317
07-15-2009, 03:35 AM
The achievement is not glitched i have it and i am pretty sure that you have to be in the squad from the beginning of the game

Gun-Nut
07-15-2009, 03:52 AM
Finally got it and was playing Solo when it unlocked.

gigaspartan
07-15-2009, 04:19 AM
I got it when I died and the respawn screen popped up and so did the achievement it wasn't even half way in the game. I wasn't in a squad. I was confused and happy at the exact same time.

RoyallFreshness
07-15-2009, 07:36 AM
mine popped up when i got a +5 assist while riding machine gunner on a tank.

my thinking is that you have to be top squad during any point of a round on each map. and not necassarily at the end of the round on the stats screen. which the stamp doiesnt even pop up for that.

GEEN0
07-15-2009, 08:41 AM
my thinking is that you have to be top squad during any point of a round on each map. and not necassarily at the end of the round on the stats screen. which the stamp doiesnt even pop up for that.

Yeh I think u may be right, i thought I should of had it several times yet it popped up on a game I didnt expect it to and I was not listed in the results

Thegreatest7884
07-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Hopefully I can get this fix to work. My 30 matches achievement glitched as well.

T0b3
07-15-2009, 09:38 AM
The achievement is not glitched i have it and i am pretty sure that you have to be in the squad from the beginning of the game

Uh-huh. :rolleyes:

UsR Jimbob
07-15-2009, 11:21 AM
i got the achievement :) and the award for doing it three times on each map :) maybe you should just get better at the game

mjpartyboy
07-15-2009, 11:39 AM
I was disappointed when I was finally in the top squad on Iwo Jima and Wake Island last night, after being in the top squad on Guadalcanal the day before, and the Best Squad Achievement didn't unlock. :(

mjpartyboy
07-15-2009, 06:09 PM
I wonder if we're misinterpreting the Achievement:

Achievement: Best Squad - Be the Best Squad on all three maps

In-game lifetime award: Best Squad - Be the best squad on each map three times (not to be confused with the single game Best Squad award, which I've only got x2 despite seeing myself in the Top Squad on all three maps)

Does it therefore mean you have to get the Best Squad lifetime award on each map to get the Achievement, so three Best Squads per map?

Xx Overkill VR
07-15-2009, 06:15 PM
I wonder if we're misinterpreting the Achievement:

Achievement: Best Squad - Be the Best Squad on all three maps

In-game lifetime award: Best Squad - Be the best squad on each map three times (not to be confused with the single game Best Squad award, which I've only got x2 despite seeing myself in the Top Squad on all three maps)

Does it therefore mean you have to get the Best Squad lifetime award on each map to get the Achievement, so three Best Squads per map?

no... its like that for all the other stamps/awards

melee man ach compare to the award(20 melees)

mjpartyboy
07-15-2009, 06:20 PM
I've just seen this on EA's UK forums:

It was mentioned by a DICE rep in an earlier post on the subject, the description for the achievment is incorrect. It should read:
'Be the best in your squad and the best squad of the round on each map'
Hence when you are not in a squad on your own, you can earn the achievment, as you will be the best in a squad of 1!
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-1943/740823-how-get-glitched-best-squad-achievement.html#post10285319

Apple
07-15-2009, 06:36 PM
I've just seen this on EA's UK forums:

Originally Posted by IIIIkoolaidIIII
It was mentioned by a DICE rep in an earlier post on the subject, the description for the achievment is incorrect. It should read:
'Be the best in your squad and the best squad of the round on each map'
Hence when you are not in a squad on your own, you can earn the achievment, as you will be the best in a squad of 1!
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-1943/740823-how-get-glitched-best-squad-achievement.html#post10285319

I think it should read a little more like this:
'Be the best in your squad three times on every map, win on every map, shoot a tank, kill someone on a boat, then play one to ten games where you are not in a squad, and then do a random act'

DICE doesn't know what the hell they're talking about because the achievement is popping way too late and in the middle of the game.

mjpartyboy
07-15-2009, 08:02 PM
It would be good if the Best Squad Stamp and Postcard told which maps you got them on.

Strongbow
07-15-2009, 08:26 PM
I think it should read a little more like this:
'Be the best in your squad three times on every map, win on every map, shoot a tank, kill someone on a boat, then play one to ten games where you are not in a squad, and then do a random act'

DICE doesn't know what the hell they're talking about because the achievement is popping way too late and in the middle of the game.

Lol exactly, like I said earlier they have no idea.

According to DiCE it's not broken, one DiCE employee told me that I was reading it wrong and it infact said "Be the Best IN your squad on each map" but then I explained that is not what it says on Xbox.com which said "Be In The Best Squad On Each Map" he then told me that he was mixed up and it's actually the servers that are messed up saying you are in the top squad when you are not, to wich I replied why are people including myself unlocking it mid match and not in a squad and he didn't reply.

So it looks like they are doing f**k all about it I'm afraid.

mjpartyboy
07-15-2009, 11:09 PM
I've just done all three maps back-to-back and got top squad and leading team member and still no Achievement. It still says I've only got two Best Squad Stamps (be the best squad of the round), despite just being the best squad on the maps at least 4-5 times in a row. :confused:

Now I've definitely been in the top squad on all the maps I'm going to go solo for a rotation and see what happens.

Xx Overkill VR
07-15-2009, 11:39 PM
just played 6 matched... 3 on Wake Island and 3 on Iwo Jima

Iwo Jima my squad came on top 3 times, 2 of which we won the match and i was on the top of the squad and 1 of those I was 1st place overall

Wake Island my squad came on top 3 times, 3 of which we won and I came in first place overall(700+ points,2nd was 300)... I got 3 more top squad stamps but did not get 4 more best of match stamps... something is def screwed up on the servers and it sucks

and my OCD is not helping either because now my last 2 achievements left are Tour of Duty 2 and Best Squad... I wanted to have the Tour of Duties back to back and have Best Squad right after win on all maps... now its all blown to shit because of a stupid glitchy server side problem... gay :(

montrossity
07-16-2009, 12:23 AM
I can't stand all these ignorant assholes posting about how people are bad at the game and stupid just because their achievement isn't unlocking when it is supposed to. There is obviously a problem here, otherwise all of these people wouldn't be complaining about it.

=EDIT= Seconds after posting this I got an assist kill, thus unlocking the Best Squad achievement. Glitched?!?! I think so.

marty da stooge
07-16-2009, 01:49 AM
haha i just randomly got this without even playing Iwo Jima map yet! haha just playing Wake and it popped up at the end. wierd...

Xz3non
07-16-2009, 02:43 AM
I got this achievement while playing on coral sea o.o

Caponey
07-16-2009, 07:09 AM
i can't get this achievement either!

i'm curious, to everyone that has gotten it, have you had the game since the beginning (day 1)? this game went nuts on the first day, so I just wonder if it might have something to do with it. maybe playing it in the first hours glitched us or something...probably not, but just a thought.

UsR Jimbob
07-16-2009, 11:38 AM
i can't get this achievement either!

i'm curious, to everyone that has gotten it, have you had the game since the beginning (day 1)? this game went nuts on the first day, so I just wonder if it might have something to do with it. maybe playing it in the first hours glitched us or something...probably not, but just a thought.

i got the game before you could even download it from dashboard and i have gotten the achievement so its nothing to do with that plus i was top squad on all three maps in a row so that might help

General Boredom
07-16-2009, 12:16 PM
It's glitched in that it doesn't unlock like the description says; people are just unlocking it randomly, myself included.

JesdenMartynov
07-16-2009, 07:04 PM
I have it... Unlocked today finally. In Iwo Jima by myself, friends left halfway through. Just playing along, and it unlocked at the end. and to the above poster, yes I have had it since day 1.

mjpartyboy
07-16-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm playing with a friend right now and we're both lone wolf, but on the same team on Wake Island and lost as the Americans and the Best Squad Achievement unlocked for him and he wasn't even in the Top Squad and about half way down on the scoreboard at the end.

Since last night my Best Squad stamp total has gone from two to five, I've been in the top squad at least 10 times now, and my friend just checked and he has got three Best Squad stamps. No Best Squad postcards for either of us.

StumblesMcGee
07-17-2009, 01:34 AM
I'm playing with a friend right now and we're both lone wolf, but on the same team on Wake Island and lost as the Americans and the Best Squad Achievement unlocked for him and he wasn't even in the Top Squad and about half way down on the scoreboard at the end.

Since last night my Best Squad stamp total has gone from two to five, I've been in the top squad at least 10 times now, and my friend just checked and he has got three Best Squad stamps. No Best Squad postcards for either of us.

Split from my squad and went solo; got it @ the start of a game after killing two guys in a boat w/a boat.

f1r3storm
07-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Got mine yesterday when finishing a map as the top player in that round without a squad.

Nasty thing.

DENAz666
07-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Got mine yesterday when finishing a map as the top player in that round without a squad.

Nasty thing.

Yeah same here, i was also top player when mine popped up, although mine came up half way through the game rather then at the end

mjpartyboy
07-17-2009, 10:40 PM
It has finally unlocked for me!

I was playing lone wolf on Guadalcanal and joined about half way through playing as the Japanese, I was doing quite well and we won the match and then it popped up. I finished fifth on our team overall.

Edit: I've also just check my awards and since playing lone wolf and not appearing in the Top Squad at the end, my Best Squad stamps are now at seven, they were five yesterday and two prior to that. I've appeared in the Top Squad at least 10 times, covering all the maps.

eshewitt
07-18-2009, 01:36 AM
I got that acheivement without even being in a squad, I got it about the 6 game I played.

RnR1
07-18-2009, 06:58 AM
Just to add to the mix. I had played 40+ games in squads and it would not unlock. Then I played 6 games, 2 on each map solo and nothing. Then like someone above stated I was in a car and got the 5pts assist and the dang thang popped. So everyone seems to be different. I also got the trail version on day one and unlocked the full version the next day.

A 2rue boofer
07-18-2009, 04:21 PM
I have been in the best squad every time on each map but no achievement. So all I have to do is win while not in a squad

NAMMY
07-18-2009, 11:33 PM
I received it today after getting a flag assist with a squad member at the start of a round. I'm pretty sure I'd been in the best squad on all maps as well, maybe it just takes a while to register. Weird achievement ...

ImmortalArbiter
07-19-2009, 09:22 AM
I just unlocked it as well. I finally got Best Squad in each map, and then in the next match, I went solo the entire time. Near the end of the round, I got the Squad Excellence stamp, and at the end of the match I got the achievement. Now just for Tour of Duty I and II...

KNIGHTOFSERA
07-19-2009, 03:29 PM
I f theres one thing I hate its glitched achievements....guess Ill keep going until it unlocks.....going solo doesnt seem to be working for me

Edit: and woah WTH I just looked at my stamps and I have 17 best squad ones...and I know I didnt have 17 best squad wins

Edit again: Hallelujah I got it, I got killed and bam achievement

ricardogame
07-19-2009, 05:49 PM
I got the achievement when I was the first of the top 5 and was not in squad

And had already played over 60 matches

Do not be in all matches in the top 5?

XzAceOfSpadeszX
07-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Yea im not going to get in a squad..

Seany Show
07-19-2009, 07:25 PM
I received this achievement yesterday and not once I have ever been in a squad. Just solo the whole way. I get high scores in most games but doubt I really made the requirements for this achievement, unless I'm supposed to just have the highest score on each map.

Dombine
07-19-2009, 09:32 PM
This achievement just poped for me randomly. I've been going for the achievement and i had the Best Sqaud stamp 3 times and i knew i'd been in the Top Squad at the end of the game multiple times...

But just now, the achievement poped for me half way through a game, it seems DICE have just sorted it out so if you havent got it, go turn your console on, load the game, find a game, join a squad and leave it for a few seconds or play it as normal and it should pop.

wolves
07-20-2009, 12:35 AM
I got it randomly today after a loss. I've only been in the top squad once so it surprised me. I'm pretty sure it's glitched but hey I won't complain about getting an achievement.

Carlmundo
07-20-2009, 01:48 AM
This annoyed me, all my friends have got this randomly whilst being in my squad (we usually only play together) or half way through a game. Anyway...

I FINALLY got this today after much aggrivation and at the most appropriate time. Me and my two friends were holding out the Ridge for almsot the entire the game. We started off capping all the points but we wouldn't lose our ridge!

Just the 3 of us had to deal with several tanks, planes and shizz loads of infantry but we never lost the flag.

Right at the end I got the cheever. Thank DUCK.

Ganon113
07-20-2009, 04:44 AM
i finally got the achievement the other day i was going lone wolf played the full match and at the end i was number 1 on my team and it unlocked for me

Muckrak3r
07-21-2009, 12:18 AM
I got this today after getting best squad for the first time on one map. I had it at least 4 or 5 times on each of the other 2 maps.

Not glitching for me, or for any of my friends that have this game either.

But none of us played the demo, I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

sneh
07-21-2009, 01:29 AM
they probably made the same server side mistake they made with bad company's top squad thing, thats probably why it was fixed so quickly, instead of taking months like BC...

mine popped randomly mid round like the top squad patch in BC did....

Nightfire
07-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Got mine randomly when I killed someone trying to take a flag. Wasn't even in a squad.

KingSigy
07-22-2009, 02:11 AM
The one time I tried not being in a squad, I still got top squad because of my amazing 24 kills and 2 deaths. I haven't confirmed if that does infact work, but I know I've gotten top squad on all 4 maps (yes, even the one you don't have to) like 4 times each. I will try this method soon, because this is pissing me off.

MrGuitarZombie
07-22-2009, 02:57 AM
Well just now i was getting squad stamps and i know i have been squad on each map by now... i have been playing solo but no luck :(

Dan the Gerbil
07-24-2009, 09:59 PM
DEFINETLY glitched. Seriously, I have been top squad on all three. My freind got it (AARRRRRGH, overeation?) and he sucks so...GLITCHED

KingSigy
07-24-2009, 11:19 PM
I tried a solo match and didn't get it. Do you need to get Top Squad and then play solo, or what?

vsbv-lightstorm
07-25-2009, 05:46 PM
I dont understand i should have a total of 8 top/best squads in the stats and awards but it only says i have 2 why?

I have been the on the best squad, on 3 maps straight the only 3 available lol.

Then i quit the next game after joining still no achievements....... =[

should i just run around solo?

EDIT: just got top squad again on wake island and now i have 3 stamps for it. Seems like a good sign.

vsbv-lightstorm
07-26-2009, 06:41 AM
x6 best squad it seems to picking up now.
however still no cheevo gotta keep at it!

should i go solo?

Brascala
07-26-2009, 07:39 AM
Got 18 Best Squad stamps across all three maps and this still hasn't popped for me. Played solo, group, doesn't seem to matter. Maybe one day...

vsbv-lightstorm
07-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Got 18 Best Squad stamps across all three maps and this still hasn't popped for me. Played solo, group, doesn't seem to matter. Maybe one day...

we can hope.

Gumby™
07-26-2009, 03:51 PM
I was the best in lots of games with my squad. The game that I stopped being in a squad, I got it randomly, even though I was doing really poorly.

vsbv-lightstorm
07-26-2009, 03:57 PM
I was the best in lots of games with my squad. The game that I stopped being in a squad, I got it randomly, even though I was doing really poorly.

so maybe i should join a squad and leave?

Gumby™
07-26-2009, 04:02 PM
so maybe i should join a squad and leave?

I'd try to do what the achievement asks first, then don't join any squads after that game and play without a squad.

vsbv-lightstorm
07-26-2009, 04:05 PM
I'd try to do what the achievement asks first, then don't join any squads after that game and play without a squad.

ill give that a shot.

Cheers.

EDIT: about to go wish me luck kids =]

Brascala
07-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Finally unlocked this afternoon. Played without a squad (not for the first time, mind) and it unlocked after I came 4th overall on the 2nd game...

vsbv-lightstorm
07-26-2009, 06:26 PM
YES YES YES I GOT IT!!!!!

This is how......

(1) I turned on the game and got top squad on every single map with out going to the main menu just straight through.

(2) After i got top squad on each map i entered the next game and without respawning i left my squad.

(3) i played the match and lost doesnt matter what the outcome is.

(4) Next match started i remained solo and after the second match finished while solo ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED.

THANKS TO: GUMBY YOUR ADVICE WORKED OUT PERFECTLY.

OddJob92
07-28-2009, 07:34 PM
The same thing has happened to me i was in a squad with my mate and he got the achievement half way through a game i still cannot unlock this though.:uzi:

Mr Stokey G
07-29-2009, 01:09 PM
YES YES YES I GOT IT!!!!!

This is how......

(1) I turned on the game and got top squad on every single map with out going to the main menu just straight through.

(2) After i got top squad on each map i entered the next game and without respawning i left my squad.

(3) i played the match and lost doesnt matter what the outcome is.

(4) Next match started i remained solo and after the second match finished while solo ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED.

THANKS TO: GUMBY YOUR ADVICE WORKED OUT PERFECTLY.

Best Way To Do it, Cheers Bud

L1E
07-30-2009, 07:14 AM
It worked out for me normally. I got it when I was in a squad while we were the best. I think it was when the game ended too. I just didn't expect it because I didn't know I had been in the best squad at all the maps, and I thought it was glitched.

N4m3|_€$$
07-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Thx at lightstorm, I did it pretty much the same way.
1. Made sure I was in the best squad on all 3 maps
2. Joined a new match
3. Got out of my squad
4. Won/lost the match (I did switch between being in a squad and not beeing in one, but at the and of the match I was playing solo)
5. started the second one
6. called in an airstrike, and got the squad stamp although I wasn't in a squad O.o (together with the squad achievement)

Iv AJay vI
08-01-2009, 01:14 AM
Is this achievement unobtainable at all, or does it just unlock randomly?

CGPsaint
08-01-2009, 08:25 AM
I got this achievement the very first time that I was the top squad. I have since received Top Squad 41 times so I can say that it worked for me. Maybe there was an updating issue when they were having all that trouble with servers going down?

stophj
08-01-2009, 08:45 AM
it took me 28 to squads to get the achievement... but that was ok since i still got it before 100 matches played

EOU Findub
08-02-2009, 09:04 AM
Is this achievement unobtainable at all, or does it just unlock randomly?

It seems as though it unlocks fine for some and randomly for others. I was part of the random group...as I got it when I got my sixth best squad stamp. Sounds like people are having trouble with this one...keep playing though, you all will get it eventually!

the_b1ues
08-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Dam ive come into this glitch now.

the_b1ues
08-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Im not getting the badges ether im still on x1 even though ive done it like x6

Heners
08-05-2009, 09:59 AM
got it yet, pretty bad

the_b1ues
08-05-2009, 01:24 PM
No i havnt got it yet but my Top team badge says x2 now.

Strongbow
08-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Just play the game without being in a squad you should unlock it then.