PDA

View Full Version : Still searching for games?

xXx Elite Spartan xXx
07-08-2009, 07:55 PM
I have been searching for an hour now, i am in the us. I thought they fixed the lag and everything? Did they? What's the best way to re look for a match if it get stuck, goto your dashboard and re launch?

FYC Punker
07-08-2009, 07:57 PM
It doesnt seem like it..

2 hours ive been searching for a game :(

I stayed up all night to download it and got 3 games in before the lag took over and i couldnt play,woke up 2 hours ago and i cant even find a match.

But were not the only ones belive that.

Leave it to EA to think this game wouldnt sell as much as it did,therefor not needing as many as servers as they do.

Strongbow
07-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Same here mate, can't get into a game and I have to quit to the dashboard to try again.

xXx Elite Spartan xXx
07-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Oh okay, well i played 2 games and they weren't laggy, they fixed the lag though? Thanks for quick responses, i hope they fix this today, this game is great when u can play with no lag.

Lemon Of Life
07-08-2009, 08:21 PM
I spent 30 minutes trying to get into a game with a friends, got bored and came back to it a couple of hours later, and now it works like a treat!

BlindxLink
07-08-2009, 08:31 PM
So lemon, you're getting into games now?

US & Canada?

or Europe?

Edit: I think it's working now, I got into a game my first try, give it a shot guys and post if you got in or not here.

iiizuluiii
07-08-2009, 08:56 PM
nope... the servers are tore up STILL. this is just hidious, I bought the game at 10am est, and have played 2 damn games. SERIOUSLY? WTF? . I cannot believe that they cannot handle a 25,000(checked leaderboards for total) gamer push on thier servers. JUST STUPID. Ea has let me down time and time again with server issues. This one, will most likely break me of EA FOR GOOD. considering all i have now is a tut to fly a plane and shoot at nothing. yeah! thats a boat load of fun for 15 dollars. id like to see some maps added or some other content that can compensate for the money i just lost.:mad: EA GAMES, BURN :eek:

Penn
07-08-2009, 09:03 PM
This is an absolute sack of shit. I had a really good 2 hour session earlier and now ive been trying for the past hour to find a game :confused:

FYC Punker
07-08-2009, 09:05 PM
A little over 3 hours now and no luck...

Oh well maybe later on tonight i can get into a game.

Louis BCFC1875
07-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Still can't find a game..gay thing is so of my mates have managed to get into a game but i can't find one.

BlindxLink
07-08-2009, 09:11 PM
I was just playin for a while and the game lagged and closed to the main menu.

I think they're still trying to fix it, we'll see.

wolvieware
07-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Bought the game as soon as I got home from work, and haven't been able to join a game all evening. First it said no games avaialable, now it just keeps searching.

Sucks.

BlindxLink
07-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Yeah guys, what you can do, is just go into training and practice your plane skills, that's what i do.

superfly275
07-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Exact same issue.. I hope it gets fixed soon..

xLUNCHTREYx
07-09-2009, 12:38 AM
yea i downloaded the demo and i cant get in either.

Sploitz85
07-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Sigh. This makes me reminisce of those good old days where when a game came out, it was a finished, tested product. Now the "official release" versions of games are like refined beta tests.

bigmcilmoyle
07-09-2009, 01:18 AM
this was the only game of the summer that i realy wanted to play that much and they fuck it up pretty good. way to go again EA and DICE, like half of their console games have online problems. you think they would learn. i rember when serves would crash for battlefield 2 on PS2 and XBOX. the same problem happen then.

HeyKnee
07-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Hey guys, yeah it sucks that we pay $15 and can't play it, but EA wasn't expecting to see the extremely high volume of players and didn't think to set up more servers than necessary. Elit3 m0nkey posted this link in another thread HERE. (http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-1943/733928-good-news-bad-news.html)

Berzerk
07-09-2009, 01:41 AM
It sucks I paid $15 for a service they're not even providing. I was able to play earlier for about an hour total, now I just get stuck at the searching screen and have to go to the Dashboard and re-boot the game for the same thing to happen. What a crock of crap.

TGI PassionPiG
07-09-2009, 01:41 AM
This is a just a piss take. Managed 3 games on my own and 1 game with some friends in an entire day. This game would be fantastic if it would just bloody work! Another masterstroke from the world famous EA!!:mad: The slap in the face with all of this is that the problems we are getting are the same as when they launched the previous battlefield! SORT IT OUT

NFaMuS one
07-09-2009, 01:55 AM
HA!

I've had this game purchased and downloaded since 4:30 PM eastern standard time, and I have yet to play a single game. :mad:

This is something I completely didn't see coming. I mean, the Bad Company demo had its issues, as did the full game when it was release, but that was just a bit of lag. At least I could find a damn match.

With 1943, I can't even get into a match. I get the whole "session no longer available" or "no games found, try again later." :(

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure DICE will come through on this one as well. They always do. I'm a huge Battlefield fan, and the series only has dissapointed me when this kind of thing happens, especially in this instance.

UGH! I don't even kno what to say anymore. I just hope they fix this quick.

rsxdelerium
07-09-2009, 02:06 AM
Pretty typical EA move .. Multiplayer only .. hmm .. wonder if we'll need a lot of servers? Nah, it will be alright who will even notice!?

UCB Disco
07-09-2009, 02:17 AM
GOT A HUGE SOLUTION!

This ONLY works if you have at least been in one game, so pay attention;

- If you get booted or if your game freezes, simply boot the game back up.

- Instead of hitting Quick Match, open up your Xbox Guide.

- Go to your Recent Players list (The people you have played with recently) and look for someone who is currently in a Battlefield 1943 game (NOT SEARCHING).

- Go to their profile and choose "Join Session in Progress", and you're in.

I have tried this 4 different times, and I was able to join a game 3 of the times. It's not a perfect means of getting in, but it's a much better way than waiting and crossing your fingers. Hope this helps anyone!

bigmcilmoyle
07-09-2009, 02:22 AM
i tried that method but i didn't work for me even though people haveopen spots. this game keeps getting more frusterating

PwnStar92
07-09-2009, 02:24 AM
I got into one game, lol and I made the best of it I got like all the achivements accept Play 30/ 100 Matches

skyfire420
07-09-2009, 02:24 AM
i tried turning off my xbox then restarting it and i got on to a server.

Denny Crane
07-09-2009, 04:22 AM
its always searching idk how any gets into even a single match...

Sploitz85
07-09-2009, 04:47 AM
i tried turning off my xbox then restarting it and i got on to a server.

Pure luck. Congrats.

KuchikiTaichou
07-09-2009, 05:21 AM
I got in too

oldaddyjoker
07-09-2009, 05:26 AM
GOT A HUGE SOLUTION!

- Go to your Recent Players list (The people you have played with recently) and look for someone who is currently in a Battlefield 1943 game (NOT SEARCHING).

I have tried this 4 different times, and I was able to join a game 3 of the times. It's not a perfect means of getting in, but it's a much better way than waiting and crossing your fingers. Hope this helps anyone!

^^^^^^^^^^

This has been working like a charm. :woop:Thanks for the idea man.

bigmcilmoyle
07-09-2009, 05:30 AM
GOT A HUGE SOLUTION!

this finally helped me get into a game after a long time of trying. thanks for the tip!

MisterSquidward
07-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Well I still cant get into a game for the life of me :( thought this would have sorted itself overnight.

JohnnyR74
07-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Well I still cant get into a game for the life of me :( thought this would have sorted itself overnight. Dice has to close down for the night at some point. Give it a day or two, it should be fine by then. :)

MisterSquidward
07-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Iv managed to get into a couple of games now, but get dissconnected from them lol, oh well, i will wait it out! This game is so awesome tho i just want to play it hassle free all day :p

Andy91145
07-09-2009, 09:24 AM
i managed to get into game last night but this morning it doesnt even say that i am joining it just say no screw you, you not playing your 1200msp game.:(:(