PDA

View Full Version : Is this enough?

Infection Ftw
07-08-2009, 09:26 PM
I bought this game yesterday with the Guitar. I do have a normal xbox 360 headset and my question is: is this enough to play the game?

I don't have the drum kit neither that singing mic.

Another question is do you have to sing or can you play with the guitar only too?

This is my first Guitar Hero game by the way,

Cissnei
07-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Yeah you can play the game with just the guitar controller. Vocals with the headset also work, but you need a standard controller for it. Getting an USB mic would be better though, makes vocals a ton easier.
If you like the game in general, think about getting the band package with guitar, mic and drumset. 2 guitars are pretty much a must, co-op is really fun. Drums and vocals are also worth to try out.

Infection Ftw
07-09-2009, 01:11 PM

About vocals can you place it next to a speaker playing the song near it? Because I prefer the guitar over singing. Not much of a singer. Probably will buy the drums later though.

MONS1EUR FOL1E
07-09-2009, 01:19 PM

About vocals can you place it next to a speaker playing the song near it? Because I prefer the guitar over singing. Not much of a singer. Probably will buy the drums later though.

This can work if you change the EQ of whatever you're playing the song on to vocals. It worked on GH:WT anyway.

Cissnei
07-09-2009, 02:02 PM
If you change the difficulty to beginner you can use any source of constant noise(fan, xbox itself, whatever) to get 100% on every song. But that's not really fun. Noone forces you to do the vocals ;).

MONS1EUR FOL1E
07-09-2009, 04:36 PM
If you change the difficulty to beginner you can use any source of constant noise(fan, xbox itself, whatever) to get 100% on every song. But that's not really fun. Noone forces you to do the vocals ;).

If you want to do expert vocals I'm sure you could use like, a keyboard or something to hit the notes. But you wouldn't be able to play guitar at same time, obviously.

Cissnei
07-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Some people tried this for the beat it achievement in WT, but it seems it's not worth the effort. You'd have to be pretty good at the keyboard and you wouldn't be able to hit transitions without hitting a new note.
Even with the RB vocal system which is way more lenient, this only works with really easy songs on expert(monkey gone to heaven, track pack 2 anyone?). Better to try to actually sing the songs or don't touch the vocals at all.

MONS1EUR FOL1E
07-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Some people tried this for the beat it achievement in WT, but it seems it's not worth the effort. You'd have to be pretty good at the keyboard and you wouldn't be able to hit transitions without hitting a new note.
Even with the RB vocal system which is way more lenient, this only works with really easy songs on expert(monkey gone to heaven, track pack 2 anyone?). Better to try to actually sing the songs or don't touch the vocals at all.

I can do easy vocals, and dome on medium. I think I'll stick to guitar. :)