PDA

View Full Version : New Glitch (maybe)

FixedApple
07-09-2009, 02:42 AM
In MLB2K9, I noticed this little "glitch." Whenever I play as the Yankess (I have only tried this as the Yankess, but I will test for other teams) and I have a switch hitter up too bat (switch stances by pressing select), I noticed that if I switch stances when the batter goes up, and I hit the ball in the outfield, the outfielders do absolutely nothing and you are granted a free in the park home run! :confused:

I am not sure if it is my disk, but if anyone can give me some feedback on this I would appreciate. :)

This was very helpful for me in getting Even More Long Balls. :woop:

Fonkey Monkey
07-09-2009, 05:20 AM
That's pretty weird, because I have always wondered why when Dioner Navarro came up and I switched stances I would get a free inside homer EVERY time. So I can too, confirm this. And yes it does add to your stats.

So i guess just edit every player to a switch hitter to make achievements a hell of a lot easier.;)

edit: only seems to work if you have no baserunners on, for me at least.

baddawg12
07-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Happened to me too while I was getting achievements against the Pirates. I switched up Mark Teixeira and got an inside the park HR easily.

I also got another glitch where there was a runner on third with 2 outs. Derek Jeter grounded out to first but the run still scored. There wasn't an error or anything. It was a regular routine groundout and I scored a run with 2 outs...weird.

UnerringBiscuit
07-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Yea some guy used it against me online,it pissed me off, but you can use is to get easy cards.

Muhnamana
07-15-2009, 07:39 PM
It doesn't work on the Phillies. I tried Rollins and Victorino with no luck.

Caleb3030
08-12-2009, 12:38 AM
cool i thought i was the only 1
but yea you have to hit the ball to either LF or RF
because only the CF is active in the outfield

KewlBrettC
08-12-2009, 02:48 AM
though it is EXTREMELY easy in this game to just hit it OUT of the park.... but that way works too :)

KewlBrettC
08-27-2009, 04:03 PM
I also got another glitch where there was a runner on third with 2 outs. Derek Jeter grounded out to first but the run still scored. There wasn't an error or anything. It was a regular routine groundout and I scored a run with 2 outs...weird.

that happened with me as well.

another glitch that happened to me was where say posada made that last out on a flyout and then he would leadoff the next inning.

edit: sorry for double post i didnt realize i was the last to post

Prius Owner
08-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Guy tried to cheat me with this online. If you see someone switch up every chance they get, they're trying to glitch you.