PDA

View Full Version : Massively Glitched Game

seraphimneeded
07-09-2009, 07:43 AM
So I just got out of a several hour long game session with a friend. I made it up to a Silver Staff Sargent rank or something like that. I got 9 of 12 achievements. During this session 3 of us were in a squad and we were making sure to get top squad on every occasion possible. We went through the map rotation about ten times or so, and with the fact that it plays each map several times we're rather certain we got top squad on each. After about an hour wondering why we weren't getting it, we made sure to pay attention.

After confirming we got top squad on every map and still not getting the achievement. I got frustrated and decided to drop to the main menu to check my stats screen.... nothing... no rank listed, no awards earned.... absolutely nothing. At this point I was in a panic. I rejoined the game, no rank.

So here I am now ranting about it while I redownload the game in the hopes it might have just been a bad download.

UCB Disco
07-09-2009, 07:47 AM
We've already established that the Best Squad achievement has some hiccups. I got mine randomly at the beginning of a match.

As for your stats resetting, that just plain sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Kuzan
07-09-2009, 07:49 AM
I got mine randomly at the beginning of a match.

Same here. I started playing with 2 friends yesterday, after 2 rounds with us sucking due to the extreme lag I unlocked that achievements, the others don't. And we surely weren't the best.

Mother Beef
07-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Yeah my stats just restarted too, idk whats going on.

Squirrel257
07-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Hopefully they can work all these issues out. It would destroy this wonderful game :(

seraphimneeded
07-09-2009, 08:51 AM
OK, my friend had the same thing happened to him. He just checked the game and his rank/awards were fixed. Just checked mine and they are back as well.

JC Elite
07-09-2009, 09:23 AM
I had my in-map stats reset for some reason. I had over 100 pts. at one point early on in the map. Then I get a kill and get killed myself.....I then had 10 pts. Then after another 15 min., I get booted. :uzi:EA.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
07-09-2009, 10:32 AM
I think you just have to be in the top squad at the end of the round.

Not actually in a team squad but you have to be in the top 4 players in the game to then be in the best squad.

At the end of the round press RB and check the top squad on that page. I think thats what you need to be in for the achievement.

ITD Soldierboy
07-09-2009, 12:36 PM
I think you just have to be in the top squad at the end of the round.

Not actually in a team squad but you have to be in the top 4 players in the game to then be in the best squad.

At the end of the round press RB and check the top squad on that page. I think thats what you need to be in for the achievement.

Nope, because I've done that once on each map also. And I was only 1st or 2nd each time.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
07-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Must have glitched then because Ive never bothered with being in squads but Im often in the top squad on the other after match page.

UnerringBiscuit
07-09-2009, 03:18 PM
I was never in a squad but got top squad achievement.

JC Elite
07-09-2009, 05:48 PM
This game has SO many glitches in it. There are several times where I have got some visual glitch where part of my screen has this weird "Rez" like effect to it except it's all black. I know that makes no sense, but it's hard to explain.

Then when I try to run, half the time it doesn't work. And I know it's not my controller because I was just playing Bad Company and it worked fine. And if I do get to run, half the time when I stop running my gun doesn't come back out and I have to actually fire to get it to show up. Oh and I get stuck in the enviroment every now and then.

For some reason, I have yet to see the 3rd map even though I should have by now. I have stayed on long enough to go through a rotation.

I just checked the leaderboards. When I went to the "Friends" part of it, it shows all my friends (even the ones who haven't played the game) and in the box where it lets you compare stats with whatever friend you picked, it doesn't match up with the person you selected from the friends list.

And of course, having your in-maps stats reset (like I mentioned earlier) is annoying as hell. Not to mention people losing their ranking/stats for some reason.

Oh and all of these glitches are only available to you IF you are one of the lucky/unlucky ones who actually gets into a match after spending $15 on this great game that EA has turned into a turd. :uzi:EA. :AR15 EA. :boomEA.

Ok, I think I am all better now. Lol.

Amblix
07-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Have you gotten top squad as both teams?

Elit3 m0nkey
07-09-2009, 06:50 PM
This game has SO many glitches in it. There are several times where I have got some visual glitch where part of my screen has this weird "Rez" like effect to it except it's all black. I know that makes no sense, but it's hard to explain.

i know what you mean. it happens to me too sometimes. other than that though i have not experienced any other glitches. plus it has just been released so expect a few glitches. And a at least it doesn't have any "out of map" glitches like CoD WaW did when it was first released.

JC Elite
07-09-2009, 07:34 PM
i know what you mean. it happens to me too sometimes. other than that though i have not experienced any other glitches. plus it has just been released so expect a few glitches. And a at least it doesn't have any "out of map" glitches like CoD WaW did when it was first released.

The point is we shouldn't be dealing with ANY glitches. We pay money to play these games and I don't think it's too much to expect a game (no matter how good it is) to WORK properly. Besides the fact that EA is ran by a bunch of idiots, I can somewhat understand some internet-based issues due to the unexpected flow of players that want to play the game. Sure EA should have had this all figured out before the game came out, but at least I can SOMEWHAT understand the lag or sever issues.

What I can't understand is how you get glitches in the game itself. This is a $15 XBLA game. This isn't Oblivion or Fallout. There are only 3 maps, character classes, and one main weapon for each class. And there are several vehicles. How can they NOT catch this stuff during play-testing. And since this is on a CONSOLE makes it even more shocking. If this were a PC, you have to deal with everyone running a different PC and compatibility issues with graphics cards, etc., etc. Way more unexpected stuff pops up in PC games. That is obviously not the case with a console.

And these game companies wonder why people buy all their games used and after they have been out for awhile. Hrm....I can buy a new game, day 1 and pay more and deal with glitches. Or I can wait a while, buy it for cheaper and there will be a 'fix-all' patch out so I don't have to deal with this crap. Meanwhile, Gamestop makes a crap load of $ and game companies complain. It's their own fault.

Now I know you can't purchase this game in the stores, so the used comment doesn't apply here fully. I just mean that the mindset of these development/publishing companies is that.....release the game, rake in the cash, we'll worry about fixing it later. It's a terrible trend that continues to happen. And Battlefield 1943 is just another case of this.