PDA

View Full Version : Crappy Achievements.....

JC Elite
07-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Is it just me or are the achievements for this game WAY too easy and have little to offer the player who wants to play this long term? They could have used the ranking system like they did in Bad Company. Level 5, get an achievement. Level 10, get another one. And so on. Instead we get, "Capture 5 flags". Ugh. I did that in my first game I played. Melee kill ONE player? Use a parachute once? Sure they are easy, this is a lazy list.

FYC Punker
07-09-2009, 09:19 AM
I agree i wish there was like a kill achievemnt for like...1000 kills or something.

And flying in a plane for 10 minutes...thats just dumb im sorry,i dont like using the planes its not fair.

tugboatman
07-09-2009, 09:19 AM
i agree i think they must have rushed the achievements out as an afterthought

JC Elite
07-09-2009, 09:21 AM
I agree i wish there was like a kill achievemnt for like...1000 kills or something.

And flying in a plane for 10 minutes...thats just dumb im sorry,i dont like using the planes its not fair.

Yeah, I can't fly the plane worth a damn yet. But at least that rewards people who CAN fly it.

You are right....that would have been another great achievement....the 1000 kills. Or something like that.

stevanov
07-09-2009, 09:21 AM
normally people on this site want games with easy achievements.

Madmax410
07-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I have 170 in it. The list was pretty much easy, the only grinder will be 100.

But then again, I love this game. I'll probably be playing it a good time after I hit 200.

FYC Punker
07-09-2009, 09:46 AM
normally people on this site want games with easy achievements.

And others like a list the provides longitivity for the game.

I would have loved to see some rank achievements or kill achievements like i said.

Silk Insomnious
07-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Wow, You're complaining about achievements being too easy. Usually people like that. And if a game is good you shouldn't need achievements to keep you interested. SO, if you don't like it don't play it. It's that easy, I promise.

JC Elite
07-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Wow, You're complaining about achievements being too easy. Usually people like that. And if a game is good you shouldn't need achievements to keep you interested. SO, if you don't like it don't play it. It's that easy, I promise.

Usually people who play a game ONLY for the achievements like them to be easy. I plan on playing this for awhile, so I would like so harder achievements. I don't NEED achievements just to play a game, but if a game is going to have 'em.....why not do them right?

Of course bringing up the fact, on an achievement website, that I would like a game to actually test our skill to get the achievements.....is heresy. :rolleyes:

Oh well. At least it may get all the idiots who are only playing this game for the easy 200 gamerscore done with the game as fast as possible so they can go back to playing.....whatever the hell they were playing before.

Amblix
07-09-2009, 10:04 AM
They only have 12 to work with, and a couple maybe later on.

Silk Insomnious
07-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Before the 360 and "achievements" how did "gamers" keep themselves interested in games?.......Because I played the CRAP out of the NES, Super NES, Nintendo 64, PS, Dreamcast......shoot, even the Saturn and the Atari. And all I needed as far as replay value goes was the satisfaction of beating the game.

The "Achievement" was the single greatest marketing idea EVER by a video game developer.

leburn98
07-10-2009, 08:30 AM
I agree and disagree :).

I like achievements that have longevity as long as they are not near impossible and don't make you go out of your way to do them (when multiplayer is concerned). As you mentioned, achievements based on Ranks, total kills, etc. are all good.

What I hate are achievements that require you to do stupid crap like killing 2 players with 1 Spartan laser shot in Halo 3 Free-for-all. These types of achievements encourage boosting.

Boosting is fine for games that very few people play, but there will always be a community for Halo, Battlefield and Call of Duty etc.

So overall, I'm glad they are somewhat easy, at least the specific ones like flying a plane for 10 minutes and parachuting. We'll get the idiots out of the way in favor of those who actually want to use the plane to win the battle. The good news is I hardly see many waiting for the airplane like when I first got in a match, so most must have gotten their achievements.

Now let the pilots do their jobs :). See you on the Battlefield soldier.

Stridstiss
07-10-2009, 09:39 AM

Ok you are disappointed by easy achievements and want more hard ones, but think the plane achievement which require you to actually learn to fly and be skillful at is unfair? WOW

Louis BCFC1875
07-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Of course the achievements are easy, i managed to get 160 off the game in about 3 hours (now have 170), but i didn't buy the game for achievements, i brought it for it's epic gameplay.

dillon
07-10-2009, 09:47 AM
What are you talking about? Longetivity? You have to play 25-35 hours to play 100 matches.

g0d53nd
07-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Usually people who play a game ONLY for the achievements like them to be easy. I plan on playing this for awhile, so I would like so harder achievements. I don't NEED achievements just to play a game, but if a game is going to have 'em.....why not do them right?

Of course bringing up the fact, on an achievement website, that I would like a game to actually test our skill to get the achievements.....is heresy. :rolleyes:

Oh well. At least it may get all the idiots who are only playing this game for the easy 200 gamerscore done with the game as fast as possible so they can go back to playing.....whatever the hell they were playing before.

if anyone spent 1200 MS points for 200 ach points, is a complete idiot.. Just saying. I am pretty sure most of the people that are playing this game and bought it are BF fans or a tleast where very interested in the game.

As far as achs go i do believe they are a bit too easy and wish a few more where a bit more of a grind. They do have the stamps and patches though, so if you were into gettin gall those, that can help out with the longtivity of the game. Me personally regardless of achs i will def be playing this for awhile until BFBC2 comes out (if its good)

LethalEdge
07-10-2009, 09:58 AM
If you want longevity, try to get all of the in-game awards. I'm currently trying to get as many as I can while working for getting the two Tour of Duty achievements, since they are the only two I need now.

Lemon Of Life
07-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Love this game, though I'm gonna go back to my Mass Effect and Fallout 3 after I've got 200. I'm sure it'll take me a while to play 100 games, but hey, it's a fun game, and I haven't played a good shooter for ages.

Shelton
07-10-2009, 02:28 PM
They've realised that some people will buy games based purely on achievements. They put out an easy list to attract those people, and the award system for the actual fans. I know I'll be going for the 10,000 kills...

KostinKid
07-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah I already got 200 and the 100 games suck because theres no other achievements to work on in the process of getting the 100 matches played.1st on x360a? My account is in my sig. xMr Bay.MGC.net hasn't updated yet.

bigquackster
07-10-2009, 03:15 PM
i never understand people who want hard achievements and also saying that games are crap because of their easy list on a boosting website just sounds a little stupid too me

daninthemix
07-10-2009, 04:17 PM
For every person who moans that the achievements here are too easy, another person moaned that BF BC was too hard...

A Satyr
07-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Ok you are disappointed by easy achievements and want more hard ones, but think the plane achievement which require you to actually learn to fly and be skillful at is unfair? WOW That requires no skill either... If you're that bad at it taking off and crashing straight into the ocean after 10 seconds of flight you would still get it after 60 times...

UCB Disco
07-10-2009, 05:27 PM
I strongly agree. The sad thing is that the achievements are dumbed down versions of all the in-game awards you already receive. The 10,000 kills award would have made a great achievement, and so would have the 20 kills in Plane, Tank, and Jeep.

They would all still come naturally anyway, but you unlock almost all of the achievements, aside from Tour of Duty I and II, in your first match or two.

Anyway, it's still a really fun game. More than anything, they just need to fix the server problem, because I REALLY want to play in a squad with my friends and it's near impossible at the moment. :P

JamKaBlam
07-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Must agree that the in-game awards should of been the achievements, they are certainly better.

II RUFF II
07-10-2009, 06:04 PM
They are pretty bad, i would of prefered to have the 10002 kills like in bad company. But im sure once i get 200, ill still be playing it as i was waiting a long time for it and im enjoying it.

Chuppernicus
07-10-2009, 06:15 PM
To each there own. Easy is fine with me. Easy achievements allow gamers to focus more on actually playing the game. Multiplayer achievements blow anyways, because too many gamers are trying to get their weapon achievements and not helping the team.

Sometimes its ok to play a game after the 100% completion, especially if the game is actually fun to play. I love the planes, keep the controls hard.

JC Elite
07-10-2009, 06:21 PM
What are you talking about? Longetivity? You have to play 25-35 hours to play 100 matches.

Anyone with 136,000 gamerscore should never give his opinion on achievements, because to get that score we all already know how you feel about easy achievements and you should stop posting here and leave the house more. Lol.

JC Elite
07-10-2009, 06:25 PM
They've realised that some people will buy games based purely on achievements. They put out an easy list to attract those people, and the award system for the actual fans. I know I'll be going for the 10,000 kills...

Exactly. And that's the problem. Developers are using easy achievements to attracted people in. In the the process it makes achievements even more meaningless than they actually are by dumbing them down so it takes little skill to get them, thus making their existence pointless.

That's the longest run-on sentence I have ever written, but oh well.

JC Elite
07-10-2009, 06:32 PM
i never understand people who want hard achievements and also saying that games are crap because of their easy list on a boosting website just sounds a little stupid too me

See this guy is exactly why achievements are pointless, even more than they truely are.

1. He wants all easy achievements.

2. He can't read. No one said the game is "crap" because of the achievements. (ok that had nothing to do with why achievements are pointless, but I had to point out the fact the guy is seeing things nobody typed or he can't read)

3. Of course, he boosts to make easy achievements even EASIER because of his lack of skill in whatever game he is boosting. Boosting (whether you agree with it, in principle, or not) is not getting the achievement how the developer intended you to and it's circumventing the difficulty involved in obtaining.

Simzo
07-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Yeah the achievements are really easy, would be great if they released DLC and added achievements but I haven't heard of any arcade game that goes above 200 GS.

A Satyr
07-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Yeah the achievements are really easy, would be great if they released DLC and added achievements but I haven't heard of any arcade game that goes above 200 GS. Theres a few, marble blast, band of bugs, Maw, that i know of probably more

Marathon durandel

angryassasin857
07-11-2009, 02:57 AM
I am sure that with the amount of sales this game had that they will definatley make some DLC for it , probably like 2 new maps for 800 ms points

LethalEdge
07-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Theres a few, marble blast, band of bugs, Maw, that i know of probably more

Marathon durandel

Indeed, the maximum they could add with DLC would be three achievements totalling 50 gamerscore.

Hopefully they will bring out a map pack with maybe a new gametype.

DirtySeb
07-11-2009, 02:11 PM
The basis of the achievements are fine but it's the low 'number of times' required that hinder them; Capture 5 flags for example. On the other hand I like the in game Awards system just as much! Just think of them just digitless achievements :P

Stridstiss
07-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Exactly. And that's the problem. Developers are using easy achievements to attracted people in. In the the process it makes achievements even more meaningless than they actually are by dumbing them down so it takes little skill to get them, thus making their existence pointless.

Haha, I think you're not completely aware but there is a very low achievementhunters to casual gamers ratio. You might roll with a booster crowd but I have many friends playing and none of them care much about achievements, not many I meet online do either. What I've noticed is that games that are multiplatform very often get lame achievements where as exclusive titles get more creative ones because there achievements might have been an idea from the start and not a last minute, hey xbox require us to have achievements thing... Also an easy achievements list woun't sell many games, it will get borrowed and rented though, how many actually own Avatar...?

ITD Soldierboy
07-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Is it just me or are the achievements for this game WAY too easy and have little to offer the player who wants to play this long term? They could have used the ranking system like they did in Bad Company. Level 5, get an achievement. Level 10, get another one. And so on. Instead we get, "Capture 5 flags". Ugh. I did that in my first game I played. Melee kill ONE player? Use a parachute once? Sure they are easy, this is a lazy list.

I agree. I was very upset with the list. But I'm more surprised with the game. The game was better than my expectations.

But although it's not a huge step up, the 100 matches achievement should prove to be long. And they also have the in game awards that you can work for.

Canuklehead
07-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Speaking as a casual gamer, this achievement list is perfect for me. I like to be able to get all (or most) of the achievements in a game, but I don't have gobs of time to spend grinding them out.

I don't understand why people complain that achievements are too easy. I mean, bragging rights are cool and all... it's nice to be able to say you did something hard that not a lot of other people can do... but you can always move on to the next game. Come back to BF'43 for fun and play the other games for your grinding achievements.

Besides, it's a Live Arcade game... no matter how hard the achievements may or may not be, you're only ever going to be able to get 200 points. It's a drop in the bucket.

Jimbo76
07-12-2009, 07:06 PM
yeah the achievements are boring and very easy. im more interested in the post cards and ranking up. they should of at least had 1 achievement linked to rank. im hooked on levelling up. as for extra achievements and dlc, i would bet lots of money both will come sooner rather than later.

Chuppernicus
07-13-2009, 12:11 AM

Sounds to me like your in denial about the "worth" of achievements. If easy achievements = more sales, awesome. Keep the achievements easy. Can't fault a company for wanting to get a return on their hard work. More sales means the possibility of DLC due to the large install base.

The value of achievements are determined only by the gamer earning them. Achievements aren't everything in a game. Sometimes there's an epic struggle going on in a match and you come out on top. For me that's more rewarding than seeing that achievement pop. I dont need "hard" achievements to feel like I acomplished something and neither should you.

Dont get me wrong I do enjoy my achievements but lately I'm looking forward to actually playing the games vs earning points. I've babbled long enough, back to BF 1943.

Taiyz
07-13-2009, 02:13 AM
Sounds to me like your in denial about the "worth" of achievements. If easy achievements = more sales, awesome. Keep the achievements easy. Can't fault a company for wanting to get a return on their hard work. More sales means the possibility of DLC due to the large install base.

The value of achievements are determined only by the gamer earning them. Achievements aren't everything in a game. Sometimes there's an epic struggle going on in a match and you come out on top. For me that's more rewarding than seeing that achievement pop. I dont need "hard" achievements to feel like I acomplished something and neither should you.

Dont get me wrong I do enjoy my achievements but lately I'm looking forward to actually playing the games vs earning points. I've babbled long enough, back to BF 1943. How was Avatar, Chuppy?

I kid, I kid. You make a good point.

Esoteric
07-13-2009, 04:30 PM
To each there own. Easy is fine with me. Easy achievements allow gamers to focus more on actually playing the game. Multiplayer achievements blow anyways, because too many gamers are trying to get their weapon achievements and not helping the team.

Sometimes its ok to play a game after the 100% completion, especially if the game is actually fun to play. I love the planes, keep the controls hard.

I have to agree with you . Achievements take away from the multiplayer experience and often ruin the game . The way I feel is , when all the achievements whores leave the game after their 200 then all the good people remain

JC Elite
07-15-2009, 02:03 AM
Haha, I think you're not completely aware but there is a very low achievementhunters to casual gamers ratio. You might roll with a booster crowd but I have many friends playing and none of them care much about achievements, not many I meet online do either. What I've noticed is that games that are multiplatform very often get lame achievements where as exclusive titles get more creative ones because there achievements might have been an idea from the start and not a last minute, hey xbox require us to have achievements thing... Also an easy achievements list woun't sell many games, it will get borrowed and rented though, how many actually own Avatar...?

I don't "roll with boosters". I hate boosting and think it's as bad as cheating to get achievements.

JC Elite
07-15-2009, 02:10 AM

Dont get me wrong I do enjoy my achievements but lately I'm looking forward to actually playing the games vs earning points. I've babbled long enough, back to BF 1943.

When did I say I was only playing this for achievements or sound like some achievement whore? I am not the one with over 90,000 pts., you are.

I was saying that if developers are going to add achievements into games, then take the time to do them right. Don't be lazy and just add a bunch of easy ones that any idiot can get. I am not playing this game JUST to get achievements. I am playing it because it is a bit of shallow & easy fun. I would just like more achievements that reward the gamer for actually achieving something. Otherwise, what is the point of them being there in the first place?