PDA

View Full Version : Damn you, prices

J man of DOOM
07-09-2009, 03:54 PM
For the many people who downloaded Watchmen: Part 1 off XBL, they had to pay the full 20 bucks. Part 2 will cost them 15 dollars. Now since the movie is coming out, the ass burgers who made this game decided to sell the whole package for less then the downloaded versions. A package that came 4 months after the original. Now all the people who downloaded the game (Like myself) are stuck with the higher price. Bull Crap.

DarkGeneral88
07-23-2009, 04:05 AM
Why is it bull crap? You had it four months before them... Not only that but you pretty much have an endless warranty while people that bought the disc only has 90 days. Something happens to the disc after 90 days they have to buy a new one, if something happened to your game, like you deleted it or it becomes corrupt somehow, you'd only have to re-download the game again.

You're still paying only a one time fee for the game but you have unlimited bandwidth and storage, meaning they won't deny you downloading the game once a week or more if you so choose to delete it (I had to do that with my arcade games as I only had 250MB memory card and needed the space for save data or whatever) and storage, meaning you don't have to have it take up your hard drive space or whatever they keep it on their servers, bandwidth and storage space all costs money. people that bought the disc doesn't have that luxury, they would be responsible to maintain, carry and store that disc for any means they want for it. I am trying to understand why they are ass burgers.

I am also trying to understand why people think digital distribution should be cheaper. With the cost of bandwidth and replacement equipments added on the responsibility to provide it 24/7 with a pressed disc it's out of sight out of mind and rests on the owners shoulders to maintain it.

Edit: By the way I paid $30 for it, which is only around 14% difference and I don't have the benefits.

luuwat
07-26-2009, 10:00 AM
it just got released on disc on friday. part 1 an 2 for 19.99 which is rougly $35 in U.S dollars

J man of DOOM
07-26-2009, 08:27 PM
You people are right, I do have it pretty sweet. Thank you for showing me the light. I guess the government isn't full of ass burgers.

IISYNII Raid3n
07-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Too bad it isnt the government that influences the prices for games. That is for both the developers and publishers to determine...

samjustsam
08-07-2009, 07:15 AM
i cant see why anyone would want to get this turdburger of a game anyways. thankfully i played the demo before i bought it. i saved like 15 bucks. dont get me wrong i loved the movie and the characters. but this game was crap. i might get both episodes on disc tho if i can save money and get some chievos for it. just because im a fan. if i wasnt a watchman fan there would be no reason for me to get this so called game.

thepinkfloydwar
08-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Anyone know how to get the gamerpics for the disc version.

MrSparkle779
08-30-2009, 07:45 AM
i cant see why anyone would want to get this turdburger of a game anyways. thankfully i played the demo before i bought it. i saved like 15 bucks. dont get me wrong i loved the movie and the characters. but this game was crap. i might get both episodes on disc tho if i can save money and get some chievos for it. just because im a fan. if i wasnt a watchman fan there would be no reason for me to get this so called game.

Apparently I downloaded the "Full Game" instead of the trial version. There is no WAY I got this game knowingly. I still think I was either high or got screwed out of 1200 points somehow...

Ace Attorney 86
10-25-2009, 11:03 PM
These games really should have had XBox Live co-op for what you paid for it. Even two out of the three games that Burger King sold for a few bucks with a food purchase had on-line co-op.