PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 1943 thoughts . . . .

Jethrow
07-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Well ive had every battlefield game that has come out and have basically played every mod that was made for each game, i consider myself a battlefield freak for the most part.

I just bought the game today and only played a half a match. Im kinda upset that this came out as a small arcade game. Theres money to be made if they made a full size game with a ton of maps. even if they didn't include a single player game thats fine, but throw in a shit load of maps. I'd pay full price if they did that. Any thoughts.?

Pashos
07-09-2009, 07:22 PM
I agree. I would definitely pay full price for this if they had more maps. It is an awesome game.

R_A_LEE20
07-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Its a really awesome game now ive come an ace pilot but is just a big shame about all the connection issues.

Its certainly worth is price once its been fixed.

UnerringBiscuit
07-09-2009, 08:17 PM
It's worth the price, I'm glad i bought it first day.

Rolyatkcinmai
07-09-2009, 08:36 PM
It's a nice addition to the franchise, definitely. I too have played all of them and most of the mods, and it's cool to see the franchise finally becoming very popular on consoles. All the best Battlefields are still on PC, but 360 and PS3 are making strides to get closer.

Stormy2k
07-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Apart from the lag, I think it's a great Arcade title.

Sure more maps would be great, and im sure they will make DLC available with more maps, but the 3 on there now are fine.

Great graphics, great fun, and as a BF42 veteran, I can safely say this title is awesome.

If it had every map from BF42 if could easliy have been realeased as a full game because the graphics and gameplay on their are top notch, better than BFBC in my opinion.

Giant Enemy Cat
07-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Well the fact that they had to make the KAR-98 the Sniper rifle for the Japanese due to budget constraints tells you something...

JC Elite
07-10-2009, 02:35 AM
And the fact that's a glitchy game that has connection issues.....

Glowin Smurff
07-10-2009, 02:41 AM
i have one thought, and i'm not sure how many people noticed this, but it was posted on major nelsons blog....

EA may shutdown/discontinue hosting the game w/ a 30day notice posted @ EA.com

meaning, when EA gets tired of this game like w/ some of the others, this game will just (after being posted 30days prior via EA's website) be able to have the plug pulled, and since this is an online only game, meaning the game itself won't function either, unless MS somehow gets control of the servers, but that's doubtful....

this is a reason i'm not buying this game for 1200msp.

link to aforementioned Major Nelson posting.
http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/07/08/arcade-battlefield-1943.aspx

looks fun, but that's the 1 thing i will not do, buy a game that i will someday not be able to play AT ALL.

JC Elite
07-10-2009, 02:43 AM
i have one thought, and i'm not sure how many people noticed this, but it was posted on major nelsons blog....

EA may shutdown/discontinue hosting the game w/ a 30day notice posted @ EA.com

meaning, when EA gets tired of this game like w/ some of the others, this game will just (after being posted 30days prior via EA's website) be able to have the plug pulled, and since this is an online only game, meaning the game itself won't function either, unless MS somehow gets control of the servers, but that's doubtful....

this is a reason i'm not buying this game for 1200msp.

looks fun, but that's the 1 thing i will not do, buy a game that i will someday not be able to play AT ALL.

Decent point. Never thought of that. Oh well, guess I better get my $15 worth in soon......oh wait, I CAN'T because the game won't work! Lol.

But in all seriousness, I highly doubt EA is going to shut the game down for good anytime soon. It just came out.

littlejay
07-10-2009, 02:50 AM
EA won't shut down battlefield. nba and pga nobody plays....1943 had the servers capped with players first day. they will keep it going

Rolyatkcinmai
07-10-2009, 04:04 AM
Well the fact that they had to make the KAR-98 the Sniper rifle for the Japanese due to budget constraints tells you something...

Um, what? No. It's a Type 99.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_99_Rifle

And how would modeling and texturing a German rifle cost less than a Japanese rifle? Are you that dense?

And EA will not shut down these servers. That's a notice that has to be placed there on every single multiplayer game to cover their asses should they no longer operate the servers. It's not likely to still be active in 10 years for instance. They'll be up for many years. Thinking otherwise is ignorant.

bigmcilmoyle
07-10-2009, 04:12 AM
its nice to have planes in a console version of battleifeld. its been a long time since i've played a game online where i've liked the plains and they are not to good that people can smoke you everytime in them. good job on getting a good balance of wepons DICE.

JC Elite
07-10-2009, 05:44 AM

And how would modeling and texturing a German rifle cost less than a Japanese rifle? Are you that dense?

And EA will not shut down these servers. That's a notice that has to be placed there on every single multiplayer game to cover their asses should they no longer operate the servers. It's not likely to still be active in 10 years for instance. They'll be up for many years. Thinking otherwise is ignorant.

Wow. Calling people "dense" and "ignorant"? What's that saying about people in glass houses? :rolleyes:

ceekay
07-10-2009, 05:46 AM
I have to say it looks great from what I've seen. However, due to the easy mode achievements and only having a few maps I feel it's a waste of 10 for me. I'd rather spend 10 on a pre-owned game that has full singleplayer with a variety of long-term achievements.

JC Elite
07-10-2009, 05:50 AM
I have to say it looks great from what I've seen. However, due to the easy mode achievements and only having a few maps I feel it's a waste of 10 for me. I'd rather spend 10 on a pre-owned game that has full singleplayer with a variety of long-term achievements.

I hear ya. I am already starting to get bored of the same three maps. And the achievements definitely aren't long term. Oh and there is something about some "server issues" or something? Lol.

On a side note.....been trying to get in a game for 15 min. now and still waiting. What a waste of $15, so far.

ceekay
07-10-2009, 06:33 AM
Don't get me wrong I don't value achievements that high it's just that I prefer to get a nice surprise when it pops up telling me I have unlocked something even though I've been playing several months. (I'm still looking forward to Seriously 2.0 on Gears 2 which I won't get for a long time).

Also I can't justify paying 10 for 2 new maps. Wake Island and Iwo Jima have been in almost every single battlefield release. It just feels like daylight robbery to ask people to pay for a multiplayer only game which essentially gives you 2 new maps. That's all.

A Satyr
07-10-2009, 06:40 AM

You're dense, its a Kar 98... There was an article about it on joystiq saying exactly what he said. Honestly look at the jap sniper and tell me thats a Type... lol

FistOfTheNEast
07-10-2009, 07:21 AM
I managed to get a couple of games in last night after trying for about half an hour. I was expecting a bit of lag but there was none! I think its absolutely class. The fact that they've made this an arcade only multiplayer battlefield game is a good move in my opinion. This game will be around for a long time. Its undoubtedly proved how popular its going to be already and I love it. Crashing head on into another plane after a dog fight is probably the best piece of multiplayer action I've had since connecting to xbox live! It beats chainsawing hands down!

l.maciver
07-10-2009, 08:15 AM
its a good game and i think we'll be seein downloadble content for this game soon, but im happy with 3 maps, plus a 4th when we get to 43mil kills. The game works very well and dispite the server overload

agentplatypus
07-10-2009, 10:20 AM

No, it's a Kar 98.

This is from the battlefield1943.com FAQ

Q. Do the IJN snipers carry an Arisaka or a German Kar 98?

A. The IJN are using a German K98 instead of an Arisaka. This choice was made not out of ignorance but rather because of budget constraints and we could not afford to build the correct rifle. We had a German rifle and had to go with it.
http://www.battlefield1943.com/faq

Jethrow
07-10-2009, 02:04 PM
well i was gonna say that Roly pwned that guy a few posts back, but after reading that question from the website, I think Roly just pwned himself. that sucks, budget constraints, wtf, after reading that its like did they just rigged this game up on a weekend.

ALSO, i thought the point of paying for xbl was that microsoft controlled the servers. I don't know too much about all this stuff but isn't that the case? Then i started thinking about all those games i played that i had to accept the EA terms of use, like last night with burnout paradise. Alot of shit will be raised if this game ends anytime in the foreseeable future. I hate made games that are made to suck in dlc. Wasn't resident evil like that, a dlc comes out like a month after release to make you buy shit that shouldve been in the damned game. I vote BATTLEFIELD 3 for the 360. Although i think i'll enjoy it more on the pc.

Lemon Of Life
07-10-2009, 02:13 PM
I wudnt have bought it if it had been a retail game. It's just so much cheaper and convenient to be a download, though more maps and classes could have been cool, I'm pretty happy with what's already there.

Smugu
07-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Well this game is great ! I have been able to play few matches only because of the launch bullshit... But it seems great when they get all this sorted out.

JC Elite
07-10-2009, 06:15 PM
well i was gonna say that Roly pwned that guy a few posts back, but after reading that question from the website, I think Roly just pwned himself.

Roly is an idiot.

agentplatypus
07-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Roly is an idiot.

Not an idiot, just ignorant.