PDA

View Full Version : wth is the deal with this game?...

nikolai420
07-10-2009, 07:02 AM
seriously this game is the cheapest tactical rpg i have EVER played.....i must have played mission 5 10 times before i finally beat it...then i get to mission 6 ...doesnt seem so bad...until those goddamn engineers pop out...i cant even do enough damage to 1 of them in a round to kill him before he heals himself...i try to kill another mech...guess what?...the engineer heals him...and its not a cheap little simple heal...its the upgraded version(+)....heals 1k+ hp..so i take one of these engineers down to next to nothing or any other zoid for that matter and next thing i know an engineer heals and their back at full.....theres no tactics or strategy to that....seriously i gave this game plenty of chances even though it got piss poor reviews..and it wasnt that bad ...AT FIRST...but this is just ridiculus now...ive played stage 6 over 10 times now at 30 mins a go...and failure everytime..and most of the time i dont even get to exit out and keep my xp before they kill me....any strategies for this level would be appreciated besides "go to the left and stay there" like the friggin achievment guide says...otherwise im gonna smash this game with a hammer....it would probably be better off like that

now im no chump or newcomer to tactical rpg's...i played and beat all the shining forces, final fantasy tactics, spectral force 3 for the 360, even operation darkness(last few levels were HARD AS HELL but thats the last few levels...not stage 6 of 15)...along with warsong(AWESOME freaking game) and numerous other tactical rpgs for the sega genesis...but ive NEVER encountered one as frustrating and assinine as this one...plzzz someone give me a reason to keep playing this game...any help would be appreciated

ok so i finally passed this part after about 20 tries...it seems that if you bring your bison and another gunner down botton left and barrage with the bison's aoe attack you can get the engineer down there(the one who spawns) before he can heal everything in sight...once hes gone you have to hightail it out of there before the bison dies...i used haste over and over to get my gunner out but the bison was under 100 hp before i finally got him to my engineer...and it seems that bottom left is where you want to be...not just the left side as the achievement guide states...this way you have trees to block you from some long ranage attacks....

NOW however i am stuck on the next mission...i always take out between 8 and 13 zoids and then one of mine dies and shit goes to hell...this game is impossible if one of your zoids dies...because i always have the engineer healing which leaves the other 4 to attack...and they do so little damage i need all 4...3 doesnt cut it...i almost had it my last try...got them down to 7...then 6...then 5...but between 7 and 5 one got to the satellite and i couldnt block it in time...when i did...they just kept support attacking me until i was dead and when i had 2 guys left they took it out...this game is just freakin ridiculus...they should have at least made different difficulty levels because what im playing on feels like "hard" for sure...how do they ex[ect u to stay alive being outnumbered CONSTANTLY....now 2 to 1 isnt bad...but 4 to 1 is just ridiculus...especially when they constantly support attack you for 1k+...and those friggin engineers..it takes all my effort to take them out and in the meantime im getting barraged from all over...they should at least let you equip more skills or let you level faster...because even when i withdraw it seems like i get next to nothing...

if anyone has any fool proof strategy for level 7 id really appreciate some help!!!..i do like this game...there arent enough tactical rpg's for the 360..and im trying to get into it..but when i spend damn near 5 hours on 1 level it drains the living hell out of me and makes me want to reach into the game and bitch slap the hell out of my squad!!! lol