PDA

View Full Version : Lag and Sounds missing?

Monkey Ninja
07-10-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm really annoyed right now, over the past 5 games or so I have had nothing but terrible lag and also whenever I fire a Tompson there is no sound... could the sound file be corrput on my game or is it something else? I really don't want to delete it and re-download it because I only have a few megabites of connection so it takes all day.

A Satyr
07-10-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm really annoyed right now, over the past 5 games or so I have had nothing but terrible lag and also whenever I fire a Tompson there is no sound... could the sound file be corrput on my game or is it something else? I really don't want to delete it and re-download it because I only have a few megabites of connection so it takes all day. Thats why you lag, as for sound i get sounds cutting out alot but never go away permenantly, dont know how to fix that

JamKaBlam
07-10-2009, 05:42 PM
These are known issues and are being corrected by DICE.

DICE have said that the lag is caused by the lack of servers. There is an over capacity right now as the game has done far better than expected so DICE are having to create more servers which is causing lag and some disconnections. It will be a few days until everything irons out smooth.
This same lag is what is causing some sound drop out aswell because the client (you) are not syncing properly to the server so the sound does not respond.

So don't worry it's not just you, we are all having the same issues right now. Some worse than others.

Monkey Ninja
07-10-2009, 05:51 PM
These are known issues and are being corrected by DICE.

DICE have said that the lag is caused by the lack of servers. There is an over capacity right now as the game has done far better than expected so DICE are having to create more servers which is causing lag and some disconnections. It will be a few days until everything irons out smooth.
This same lag is what is causing some sound drop out aswell because the client (you) are not syncing properly to the server so the sound does not respond.

So don't worry it's not just you, we are all having the same issues right now. Some worse than others.

That being said, I just went into a PERFECT NON laggy game, and no sound still. So I don't know what to think at the moment.

Oh and by the way, like 10 mins after I posted this my connection got upgraded to about 20mb. :p

JamKaBlam
07-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Well you might not have experienced any playable lag but if there is no sound then that means that your game still lagged. If no sound plays or cuts out when it shouldn't then it means your not syncing correctly.
I'm only going by what DICE have said though.