PDA

View Full Version : Constant Freezing

Ganith
07-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Is anyone else game constantly Freezing, about every 3 games? About every 3-4 games my game freezes for no reason and I have to restart my counsel. I also get this weird thing that happens where my screen goes all wiggly with black lines through it. If anyone else has this happening to them or knows how to fix it please say.

JamKaBlam
07-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Known issues and are being looked at by DICE.
DICE have said that the black flickering graphics only appear randomly when you spawn for a few seconds and does not always happen. According to DICE it's because the client (you) are not syncing to the server properly for a few seconds so the graphics screw up.

The game freezing is a packet loss issue meaning that your game fails to register and connect to the server causing the game to hang or disconnect.

We all have these problems but they are being corrected by DICE.

ponypo2001
07-10-2009, 10:45 PM
I'd not had a single problem with freezing till today.Now,I freeze EVERY match (when I ever fucking get into one).Just had my sixth freeze and I'm not risking a 7th till DICE get their fingers out of their arseholes,stop blaming everything on packet losses,and fix the broken POS.This is just not acceptable.

Monkey Ninja
07-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Mine kept freezing all of today, I decided to reset the console and got an e79 and e71 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Obviously it has nothing to do with the game but you COULD be on the way to one, just saying.

Off topic, but can someone tell me this:

Is it worth paying to fix it, (my warranty expired) or should I just buy a new console, because if I get it fixed, wouldn't it just break again soon enough?

Jethrow
07-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Oh thank god, i thought it was my console. I just made a thread about this too. It was like polygon crazy flashing triangle shit.

SuperchargedNL
07-10-2009, 11:49 PM
I have had both the screen flickering/shadow issue as well as having to reboot my console for 2 times after the console freezing. But let me just get this off my chest:

Blaming the freezing issues on packet loss is rediculous; this should only cause the game to lag or disconnect from the server at worst, not for your console to become unresponsive. This together with the connection issues and numerous other bugs in the game only shows that EA/DICE don't have their s**t together once again.
This was the same with basically all other BF games back on the pc. I haven't played one that worked properly from day one, probably with BF: Vietnam having the most issues.

By screwing this one up one again, both EA and DICE show they have no respect for both their paying customers and the loyal BF community in general.

ZundayXx
07-11-2009, 12:03 AM
I saw a massive floating box with the same shape you see when driving a sherman tank while in Inside Camera...
It was kind off funny tough, the guy in the tank died and suddenly the tank drove away and there was the giant white box of crispyness... i still have no idea how the tank drove away as no one was in the tank at that given moment...