PDA

View Full Version : Graphical issues ?

Jethrow
07-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Last night i was playing a game and we won, they next game loaded and just as i spawed up, the graphics took a dump, there were triangle flashing and it wouldn't go away. When i hit the guide button, the problems were not in the guide screen but i could see that it was still going on in the game, by looking at the darkened part of the screen around the guide screen.

I backed out to dashboard and reloaded the game, no problems after. I need to know because my warranty on this replacement machine will be ending in a matter of weeks and i don't know if this is machine problem or just a game glitch. My uneducated opinion would say a game glitch, but what do you think.?

chico8102
07-11-2009, 03:24 AM
same thing happened to me im thinking its the game

GambitXK2
07-11-2009, 04:37 AM
I noticed something. But it might've been the game it self. Flying in third person mode in a plane getting shot at sometimes produces a black outline around the plane, I'm thinking thats the hit box.

No idea why it does that but it only does that sometimes. Might be the game though.

Trash Man
07-11-2009, 06:27 AM
Also had this a few times as well. It's only happening on this game so I'm assuming it's the game and not my 360.

LethalEdge
07-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Yeh, I had this the other day when I was in a boat after launching from the battleship on Wake Island.

It's a graphics issues with the game according to DICE's djonsson on the Battlefield:1943 forums (http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-1943/735529-official-bugs-glitches-found-thread-5.html#post10217530);

The black boxes are related to a shader problems. The flickers during the beginning of a round have been seen previously in testing, but the problem is apparently more obvious with bad lag. We are looking into both of these problems.

Simzo
07-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Same thing happened to me when I spawned, thought I was gonna get the red ring.

Jethrow
07-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Same thing happened to me when I spawned, thought I was gonna get the red ring. ya thats what i was worried about, glad to hear its not my machine

CGPsaint
07-11-2009, 02:10 PM
I generally start getting this graphic hiccups right before the game freezes... correlation?

SkyChat
07-11-2009, 02:13 PM
I spawned at the carrier, looked to the side of it and got flashing black lines.

Mother Beef
07-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Never had these problems, tho sometimes when flying in 1st person the cockpit will get like weird white "scratches" all around it, weird probs the front rotators glitching, idk.