PDA

View Full Version : Doubles of Games

Cam888
07-11-2009, 05:25 AM
When you search some games in the "Search for a game" bar, sometimes there are more than one result for a single game.

Some examples:
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Dynasty Warriors 6 (first two results)
Gears of War
Lego Batman
Batman: Arkham Asylum

and there are most likely much more

Why are there doubles of many games when you search them? It affects the checklist feature and also kinda just annoys me (and hopefully other folk).

JC
07-11-2009, 08:12 AM
Some games have PC versions with separate achievement lists (GOW) and some games have different region versions with separate achievement lists (LEGO Batman).

This is why there are doubles, or sometimes more than that, of certain games.

THIS (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=124009) thread has a list of all the games that have more than 1 version. :)

Evil Demon55
07-11-2009, 08:27 AM
There are two seperate THP8's? I had no idea.

B T E R
07-11-2009, 10:58 AM
i think he means something like this
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/3706/screenshotgka.png

dakisbac
07-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah, and the why has been explained.

AFAIK both versions always have the same achievements so why not merge them?

Cam888
07-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Alright thanks everyone, I was just a little confused by it

The Pants Party
07-11-2009, 02:36 PM
AFAIK both versions always have the same achievements so why not merge them?

There are different versions specifically because of the checklist feature. Each different version can earn you achievements, so if you've got both versions and want your checklists here to reflect your correct score, you would need to enable both checklists and use them. :)

If you look at the URL of each version, it explains why it is different, it will have "pc" or "ntscj" (Japanese) at the end, or whatever other region it might be, such as "eu" (Europe) or "de" (Germany), etc.

The link JC provided has a list of everything, but there are also checklists for each version on the main site for use if needed.

Cam888
07-11-2009, 02:54 PM
I completely understand the multiples for different countries/regions, but why do we have PC achievements up? I thought this was Xbox360achievements.org...

(By PC I mean computer, not the thing at the end of the URL)

The Pants Party
07-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Well when the site first launched they didn't have PC achievements. :p

But, since the PC achievements are linked to your Gamertag just like the normal 360 achievements are, it all became one system and we felt we needed to include them to have the most accurate set of lists. If you look at my card for instance, I have both versions of Gears and Viva Pinata on there.

And to make it more interesting, some games are even linked through cross-platform multiplayer (Shadowrun and Universe at War), where you can play either version to work on the SAME achievement list.

Here is another FAQ I wrote about the PC achievements:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31059

Cam888
07-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Ohh I get it now. Thanks Pants Party, you just cleared up something that had been bugging me for a while now.