PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Sword versus Bayonet

icypinksmurf
07-11-2009, 06:43 AM
I have noticed when I do use the bayonet the kill does not register sometimes. I once used it 4 times on an enemy before getting a kill. In my opinion the katana is a much better melee weapon in comparison. I do not know if this is purposefully done (the katana is much longer therefore the range on it would be longer) or if it is a glitch. What do you guys think?

agentplatypus
07-11-2009, 06:51 AM
The bayonet is really buggy.

I find all the melee weapons are pretty pointless unless you're fucking around. Shooting someone, even within melee range, is much faster and easier.

icypinksmurf
07-11-2009, 07:31 AM

I find all the melee weapons are pretty pointless unless you're fucking around. Shooting someone, even within melee range, is much faster and easier.

Not with the ridiculously long reload times (well, their not that long, but pretty long). Plus I think getting a kill with a melee weapon is more challenging and makes it embarrassing for the kill.

Wallbanger
07-11-2009, 10:47 AM
got to love bonking someone on the back of the head with a wrench

ThunderStorm101
07-11-2009, 11:25 AM
tbh the only reason i used mele was for the achievement, i normally play sniper and the pistol is actually REALLY good so no need for mele

Although i loved my first mele kill, i had the sword and sneaked up behind an enemy sniper like a ninja and jumped on him killed the guy, was awesome :P

LethalEdge
07-11-2009, 12:06 PM

It's pretty fun sneaking up on a sniper on top of a hill on Guadalcanal and then knifing them in the back. :p

Mother Beef
07-11-2009, 02:19 PM
i LOVE all melee weapons, great whlist capturing a flag if ur indoors, crouch pull it out and stab any mofo that runs through the door, also since its 1 hit kill even if u attack from head on (keep it close tho) you still have a larger chance of winning, great fun.

Taiyz
07-11-2009, 08:12 PM
I don't think I've ever gotten a chance to use the Bayonet...I'm normally a sniper.

That said, I don't like the pistol just because of its small clip size, so I'll sometimes just run to a guy with my melee weapon for a kill.

I also find the katana a bit annoying, just because I expect it to be more of a horizontal motion than a vertical one and I get disoriented because I'm not aiming with it correctly. The knife has more of my kind of swipe.

I've also once been killed by a bayonet even though I slashed with the katana at the same time. Ticked me right off.

Amblix
07-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I thought the melee in Bad Company was buggy, this is just plain sad what they did in 1943.

They all suck, it makes people feel like a b*tch when they get stabbed though, only reason I use it, and the 20 melee award to. :)

CGPsaint
07-11-2009, 09:25 PM
I have quite a few melee kills. I tend to use it when I am capturing a flag and I am hiding in a building. I stand near the door and wait for people to come to me and then stab away for the 1 hit kills. I also always use it when I have the drop on a sniper! It's sweet revenge for all those headshots they have gotten on me.

icypinksmurf
07-11-2009, 11:00 PM
tbh the only reason i used mele was for the achievement, i normally play sniper and the pistol is actually REALLY good so no need for mele

Although i loved my first mele kill, i had the sword and sneaked up behind an enemy sniper like a ninja and jumped on him killed the guy, was awesome :P

What? I find the small clip size for the pistol rather annoying. You need like the entire clip to hit them to get a kill. And even if you do it sometimes doesn't count. I still use it but I think you cant always count on it.

Giant Enemy Cat
07-11-2009, 11:03 PM
I've not had a single problem with melee in this game.

A Satyr
07-11-2009, 11:12 PM
^ I have tons of problems with melee in this game, And the bayonet should have more range than the katana cause the rifle is longer than the sword and its stabbing not slashing

Eatrio
07-12-2009, 10:02 PM
The bayonet is idd horrible, I rather use the pistol than that. I only melee if the enemy is close enough and i run out of ammo. Or, when I find an enemy sniper, I try to sneak up on him and melee him.

Elit3 m0nkey
07-12-2009, 10:57 PM
I have 2 kills with a melee weapon, 1 for the achievement and the other because I was in close range and in the middle of reloading. Other than that I never use the melee weapons.