PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Aircraft (overpowered?)

Skidillydoo
07-11-2009, 02:39 PM
As the topic says, do you think that the anti-aircraft guns are overpowered? I for one do genuinly believe they are and have almost made the planes pointless to use.

I am not some "battlefield noob", i have played Battlefield since BF1942, and have been at the hands of some major imbalancing by DICE/EA. Neverless, its always been enjoyable to play.

The same question could be applied to the "commander bombing runs" in that the player in invulnerable whilst he inside that building. I do personaly think that you should be able to blow that building up at the least. (and it respawns when the next bombing run can be started)

Anyway, discuss....

pX I Atticus
07-11-2009, 02:47 PM
no i dont think the Anit Air guns are over powered u think if a AA gun got a few goos shoots to a plane in real life that plane would go down. so i think its fair

Legend Has It 1
07-11-2009, 03:05 PM
I like the power they have, you need to balance it in a way with how much destruction a plane can cause with its bomb drops.

robnroll
07-11-2009, 03:13 PM
i dont think its over powered but i think that there may be too many. planes can be shot down by anything, mounted guns artillery hell if they get close enough they can even be shot down by infantry making it unfair with only two planes in the air.

ILoveFawkzes
07-11-2009, 03:57 PM
I think there power is ok, but I think the planes need to respawn faster.

JamKaBlam
07-11-2009, 04:08 PM
"No"
I think the AAs are spot on.

ZundayXx
07-11-2009, 04:56 PM
They launch gigantic shells wich explode in a gigantic hail of shrapnell in the air.
They where used allot in WW2 as they didn't have to hit directly.
And No, they're not overpowered. Simply because if they wernt so powerfull theyre would be nothing to counter aircraft and espacially the bombing raids.

A Satyr
07-11-2009, 05:07 PM
What powerful plane bombs are you guys talking about?...

ZundayXx
07-11-2009, 05:08 PM
What powerful plane bombs are you guys talking about?...

xD Where talking about those Stationary AA Flak Guns.

A Satyr
07-11-2009, 05:11 PM
xD Where talking about those Stationary AA Flak Guns. Everyones saying you need it to counter those overpowered planes that fly around and i see 1 or 2 planes kills that arent from a dog fight each match, those things suck against infantry

CGPsaint
07-11-2009, 05:31 PM
I don't think that it would seem like the AA Guns were overpowered it the airplanes were a little bit more balanced. I think that the machine guns are fine, but the bomb aiming, area of effect and damage are severely lacking. Fix that, and the AA will be money.

YouTube Freak
07-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Yes, much to over powered!

Jimbo76
07-11-2009, 06:45 PM
No i don't think they are over powered at all. i really enjoy sitting on the carrier taking out the enemies planes, its great. like the other guy said though, toughen the planes up a bit, make the bombing a bit more accurate.

Simzo
07-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Definitely don't think it's overpowered. As pX I Atticus said, if you think about the damage they don in real life then it seems appropriate.

Beagle Ninja
07-11-2009, 07:07 PM
The AA isn't overpowered IMO. I think the planes, however, are underpowered. Their bombs are super weak and inaccurate, and the planes can be shot down by almost anything. I don't even bother using them except to fly over bases, parachute out, and land near the flag for an easy capture :woop:

MisterSquidward
07-11-2009, 07:41 PM
I dont think them guns are overpowered either!
And yeah wats up with the plane bombs? i havnt got a kill from them yet :p

Madmax410
07-11-2009, 07:50 PM
I dunno. I think the gun damage is right on. But I DO believe there's far too many on each map

...And bombs are fine too. MGs are Anti-Air and Anti-INFANTRY. The bombs are anti-VEHICLE. In other words, if your flying around trying to bomb a soldier, good look, you have to get a pretty damn nice direct hit on the guy. The MGs, on the other hand, are like snipers. Fly low and slow and look for soldier on high ground and let loose.

Chuppernicus
07-11-2009, 07:55 PM
The bombs are weak but I have killed boats (1 triple kill), tanks and guys with them. You just have to be spot on.It doesnt happen all the time either.

I'm fine with that though. It keeps the game balanced. Planes can cover so much ground, I think they would be too powerful if their bombs were more accurate and provided a bigger boom. I love the planes though.

As far as the AA guns power, it's fine. There are ways to avoid them or have a squad mate take them out. They are always in the same spot on the map, also dont go near the flattops as a fighter.

CGPsaint
07-11-2009, 09:22 PM
The bombs are weak but I have killed boats (1 triple kill), tanks and guys with them. You just have to be spot on.It doesnt happen all the time either.

I'm fine with that though. It keeps the game balanced. Planes can cover so much ground, I think they would be too powerful if their bombs were more accurate and provided a bigger boom. I love the planes though.

As far as the AA guns power, it's fine. There are ways to avoid them or have a squad mate take them out. They are always in the same spot on the map, also dont go near the flattops as a fighter.

All of this is true, but damn is it a pain to get a teammate to actually help out and clear the AA guns when you are making a pass.

Psymox
07-11-2009, 09:50 PM
I have to agree with the majority, the AA guns are perfect. You can blow a hole right through an aircraft with ease, just how it should be.

But... killing something that easy that isn't really that much of a threat is a bit unbalanced.

The planes MGs are fine it's just the bombs. Accuracy is fine, it just takes practice. It's the power of the bombs that is lacking, you have to hit the target directly to have any effect, miss by a meter and it's like someone let off a party popper in your ear and thats it.

Qavala
07-12-2009, 02:39 AM
I think the planes are fine with damage etc. The splash damage of the bombs could maybe be incresed slightly, however the best i'v emanaged is a 8 streak kill with plane bombs. With practice, it can be used effectivly, but I only managed that because nobody was on the AA gun. Eventually someone hopped on the AA and I was shot down within about 20 seconds. Therefore I think the AA guns are overpowered, especially compared to the damage the bombs do. I really doubt they'll change anythign though, so just gotta work with it :p

KNUCKS x360a
07-12-2009, 02:54 AM
I take it this is the Nursery for Failed Pilots & Bomb Victims?!...:(

:p

I say its fine as it is, it takes around 3-4-5 direct hits with the AA Gun to take down a Fighter (as well as some skill)... Find me a WW2 fighter-plane that can surivie that!

Would You Kindly
07-12-2009, 03:16 AM
Is there any reason you cant kill tanks with AA guns? I swear I shot tanks dead on with an AA gun forever and no damage was done at all.

Rolyatkcinmai
07-12-2009, 03:20 AM
Everyones saying you need it to counter those overpowered planes that fly around and i see 1 or 2 planes kills that arent from a dog fight each match, those things suck against infantry

Um no, if I don't have to fight off a bunch of planes, I can easily take out 15+ infantry a match with the planes. They're extremely deadly. The AA gun is fine, it's a good counter to the planes.