PDA

View Full Version : You can't win by capturing flags...

Giant Enemy Cat
07-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Has anyone noticed this?

In the Tutorial, it even said the only way to win is to capture all the flags, which is wrong because you can also win by killing enough enemies until the red bar depletes.

But killing seems to be the only way to win, I've had all 5 flags captured loads of times, but the game just carries on...

What annoys me is when your opponent has only one flag captured, and your team mates rush in to capture it when you could sit outside the base and kill people as they spawn.

Jimbo76
07-11-2009, 07:25 PM
I thought whichever team has 3 or more flags, the other teams bar depletes. is that not it then?

MisterSquidward
07-11-2009, 07:33 PM
I thought whichever team has 3 or more flags, the other teams bar depletes. is that not it then?

yeah it is :)

Amblix
07-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Well having the flags makes it faster.

It works like this.

No flags a captured, each kill takes 1 ticket away from the teams bar of the person who died.

Let's say there's a 1000 tickets.

They are now at 999 tickets.

Now lets say Blue teams captures one flag, and then kills a member of the red team. That kill is now worth 2 tickets. So the red team is now at 997 tickets.

And when you have all 5 flags there's a bonus, let's say 10 tickets a kill. So if you hold all 5, the other teams bar will deplete, very fast. If you can kill them.

Taiyz
07-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Yeah, this game operates on a slight edit of the Conquest gametype so that games can only end with the exhaustion of one team's tickets.

Normally you can get a "Shut Out" (look at Undertow and Lord of the Rings: Conquest) by capturing all points and then killing the only players remaining so they can no longer capture a point for their allies to spawn at.

In this game, no matter how many capture points your team has, the enemy can always spawn at an uncapturable carrier or tip of the island.

Another notable spin-off of Conquest is Call of Duty 4's Domination gametype, where-in spawning is unlimited and in random "safe" locations (as per usual,) but teams' scores increase every second based on how many capture points your team has, towards a set limit. The first team to reach the limit wins.

Giant Enemy Cat
07-11-2009, 10:23 PM
OK, thanks guys.

Bolt
07-12-2009, 03:35 AM

it does, the more you have the faster theirs depletes. But it also goes down with kills but much more slowly