PDA

View Full Version : What up with the tiny letters?

frazzleberry
07-12-2009, 05:42 AM
Is anyone else mad that this game's in-game font is tiny as hell on standard def TV's? I think its stoopid!

agentplatypus
07-12-2009, 05:44 AM
Yea, I can't even see my score or how many kills I got.

TpYourHouse
07-12-2009, 11:29 AM
I can't read the in-game report from the front or see gamertags, I can barely make out the tips when maps are loading.

Skidillydoo
07-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Is anyone else mad that this game's in-game font is tiny as hell on standard def TV's? I think its stoopid!

get a bigger TV!

Rolyatkcinmai
07-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Could've sworn it was a high def console. You should probably get a Wii.

ZundayXx
07-12-2009, 02:26 PM
How old is your T.V?? About 20 years or so??
Just get one of those High Def T.V's on sale they're just about 400 bucks... not that expensive for a big ass high def T.V

SuperNova X2X
07-12-2009, 02:29 PM
I can see all the writing just fine on my standard def TV . Maybe it's time to book an eye test? :p

CGPsaint
07-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Everything looks pretty damn clear on my 56 inch Samsung... :p

Simzo
07-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Fine with mine, that's cos I'm on High-Def. Not many people nowadays have S-Def TV's. Invest in a High-Def, they are well worth it.

Elit3 m0nkey
07-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Get a bigger TV. I got my Samsung 32" LCD HDTV for just under $700 (Canadian). Just a tip though, buy your TV from a big brand (Sony, Samsung, Sharp etc.) the cheaper TV's can look worse than S-Def TV's.

frazzleberry
07-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Get a bigger TV. I got my Samsung 32" LCD HDTV for just under $700 (Canadian). Just a tip though, buy your TV from a big brand (Sony, Samsung, Sharp etc.) the cheaper TV's can look worse than S-Def TV's.

I was thinking Samsung since i've been happy with all my PC monitors over the years.

ZundayXx
07-12-2009, 09:06 PM
I was thinking Samsung since i've been happy with all my PC monitors over the years.

My T.V is a Samsun... she delivers me full color HD images.. <3
I can run on 1080i perfectly with no problems at all.

AK Punk
07-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Invest in a LCD TV. I know many Dead Rising fans who did to read the game font.

thelastlambda
07-12-2009, 09:50 PM
1080p is my answer, makes things much clearer for me and I am using the HDTV settings.

JC
07-12-2009, 10:33 PM
I have a 26" HD telly and can barely see the writing about how many points I win and who kills who in the top left of the screen...

They should definitely make the font a tad larger. :)

Elit3 m0nkey
07-12-2009, 10:47 PM
I have a 26" HD telly and can barely see the writing about how many points I win and who kills who in the top left of the screen...

Than you bought a bad TV. What company made the TV? You might also have your 360 have the wrong settings. Make sure the switch on the A/V cable is set to HDTV.

Oh and frazzleberry Samsung products are always good. If you can afford them, get them. You will not be disappointed.

Taiyz
07-13-2009, 02:08 AM
I can see all the writing just fine on my standard def TV . Maybe it's time to book an eye test? :p I think it's about proximity. My TV and PC are right beside each other, so I play games only a couple feet away from the screen and have no issues with the text, though it is indeed ridiculously small. Normal people like to sit on their couch and put their wireless controller to good use (I always have my Play and Charge Kit in since I'm so close anyway. =P)

I've never really understood why people have these small text issues, but then I think about how my room is set up and how gaming is typically set up in a recreative space rather than this small office-y room.

My only problem is that it's hard for my camera to pick up the text, if I want to take a picture of the scoreboard afterwards, for instance.

MarcoPolo360
07-13-2009, 02:24 AM
lol this seems to have turned into "who's got the bigger dick" contest
i personally havn't noticed the text being too small.. then again i dont play on a SD tv..if you have any spare cash computer monitors (19") are VERY cheap and give you a 720p picture with the least bit of response lag (bigger LCD's have somewhere around 6/8 milliseconds which is really noticeable compared to 2 ms with a computer monitor)

[Waggly Bean]
07-13-2009, 10:31 AM

I agree with this. I have the same size TV and while I can read the font, it's not as clear as BFBC.

There is nothing wrong with my TV or settings either, like the guy a few posts above suggested for JC.

They could do with increasing the font size just a touch... ;)

YouTube Freak
07-13-2009, 03:00 PM
yeah, it's so small, my grandparents can't read it! :D

SevDelta
07-13-2009, 03:59 PM
I have to agree that the font could at least be a little bigger.

CaRvErS HeRe
07-13-2009, 04:50 PM
im on a 32" screen and i can see if fine and im far away from screen and i can probs see the writing on my screen on my 19" also so i duno wht everyone is complaining bout lol

dnt need a bigger tv at all just need tog et your eyes tested lol

SevDelta
07-13-2009, 05:24 PM
im on a 32" screen and i can see if fine and im far away from screen and i can probs see the writing on my screen on my 19" also so i duno wht everyone is complaining bout lol

dnt need a bigger tv at all just need tog et your eyes tested lol

Well no it's a problem. Sure, you may have an HD TV and all but for those of us that don't, it's hard to see.

And for everyone saying for us to "get our eyes checked", just stop. It's stupid as hell, makes you look dumb and makes no sense.

captainhowdy95
07-13-2009, 06:23 PM
this shouldn't be an argument about the size of the tv rather how small the font is...some people cannot afford larger tv's and it's the game developers fault for making the text obscenely small.