PDA

View Full Version : It's Official: Xbox 360 Won Next-Gen Battle in December

S The Gangsta
01-12-2007, 12:36 PM
The OFFICIAL figures are in from research group NPD and the Xbox 360 can proudly declare it sold 1.1 million units during December, that's almost twice as much as the Wii (604,200) and signficantly higher than the PS3's figure of 490,700. The shine was taken off the Xbox 360 a little by the PS2 which sold 1.4 million during the month. Elsewhere, the DS sold 1.6 million units and the PSP a somewhat impressive 953,200. Although, MS will have the last laugh with Gears of War topping the software charts! Not to mention the Xbox 360 wireless controller topping the accessory sales with 832,800 units. According to the official hardware statistics released this afternoon, the PlayStation 2 continued to be a popular platform at retail, selling 1.4 million units for the month (37.1 million to date in the U.S.). The Xbox 360 also impressed, selling 1.1 million in December (with 4.5 million lifetime to date), while the Wii sold 604,200 units for the month, putting its total North American number sold at 1.1 million units.

Elsewhere, the severely supply-constricted PlayStation 3 was found to have sold through 490,700 units for the period, with 687,300 units sold since its launch in November - no doubt a disappointment for Sony.

As was the case in November, it was the handheld market that truly stood out in December, with the Nintendo DS topping all platforms in sales with 1.6 million units sold (9.2 million lifetime), ahead of the still impressive 953,200 PSP units sold during the month (6.7 million lifetime). Nintendo's aging Game Boy Advance handheld continued to put in a good showing for the holiday rush, resulting in 850,700 units sold for the period (35.1 million lifetime).

Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=12375

FragEmAndSmile
01-12-2007, 12:54 PM
I would imagine the PS3's price had something to do with the sales numbers. Be that as it may, this shows the 360 isn't giving in to the PS3. Viva 360!

Cyrex
01-12-2007, 01:27 PM
ya the 360 was the top present to get over vacation, i had about 10-15 friends who got one. i think it is because when these new consoles came out and the critics played them they realized that the 360 was so much better then they rated it before, and all fans realized the exact same thing

RadicalSniper99
01-12-2007, 01:29 PM
I wonder what sales would look like now with console returns very prevelant for the PS3.

I am very pleased with the 360 sales right now though. I've been in gaming or electronic stores recently, and the majority of the 360 shelves were bare. I thought, wow, the games are selling really well. Mostly a lot of GoW sales or a lot of Rainbow 6 Vegas, but there games are just flying off the shelf.

PerpetualHeaven
01-12-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm surprised they didn't mention the Wii which was probably the best selling console during the season.

As for the PS3, the sales may be slow now but i'm figuring in the next year they're going to explode when better titles and there's a lot more consoles out there.

AOS Puck
01-12-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm surprised they didn't mention the Wii which was probably the best selling console during the season.

The Xbox 360 also impressed, selling 1.1 million in December (with 4.5 million lifetime to date), while the Wii sold 604,200 units for the month

The Wii is mentioned right there, or did I misunderstand your post?

S The Gangsta
01-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Yup the Wii is mentioned and as for the PS3 "exploding" next year, only time will tell that. And most of PS3s exclusive titles are also heading to the 360 so i doubt it'll sell more than Wii and 360.

PerpetualHeaven
01-12-2007, 04:16 PM
The Wii is mentioned right there, or did I misunderstand your post?

Missed that.

PerpetualHeaven
01-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Yup the Wii is mentioned and as for the PS3 "exploding" next year, only time will tell that. And most of PS3s exclusive titles are also heading to the 360 so i doubt it'll sell more than Wii and 360.

Sony provides life for their consoles. PS2 during the month of december in terms of hardware sold 1.4 million. Yes that's their last-gen console but it's still selling well and they're still making great games for it. Sony offers long-term for users. It may have been slow now and I wonder why.. shucks their supply is horrendous. You can't make sales when you don't have the supply.

Yes there may be PS3s on the shelves now but does that mean the sales are bad? No, it sold 490.7k consoles in december (NA) which is very good for a console who doesn't have that much supply. That's like saying the 360 didn't sell well because you can walk in and still grab a 360 which you can but there's so much supply they can sell more consoles.

I find it kind of funny that most 360 users and Microsoft dismiss sony so easily. I mean the PSP started slow but it sold almost a million in NA for december. Anyways, Sony in terms of sales, made 40% more then the other two in December. Maybe they aren't doing super great right now because of the lack of supply they have right now, but given the time I think they'll sell alot. Do I think they'll be number 1? no. number 2? no. Not for a long time atleast. But in the long run, the PS3 will have the most consoles sold. That's just my view and how things have been working for Sony. Theyv'e upped the everything in their business (despite that horrible battery recall). Their movies, music, computer, and TV sections have rised significantly and their stock has risen a lot also.

But again this is my views and how I think the economy works from my eyes. I may be wrong because business is very unpredictable. This is just my forecast that's all. It's all speculation :P

As for most "exclusives" are you sure? I mean do you know how many exclusives Sony has? A lot. They have a few going to the 360 sure, some may be timed exclusive and most of them are rumours thus far.

Im a Manatee
01-12-2007, 09:35 PM

As for the PS3, the sales may be slow now but i'm figuring in the next year they're going to explode when better titles and there's a lot more consoles out there.

Well, duh! You win hardware sales if there are more out there!

JonnyC VT
01-12-2007, 10:21 PM
I am trying so hard to show journalistic impartiality but dammit, I just love my 360! Either way, it is certainly easy to forget about the "year old" 360 since the sexy new PS3 and innovative Wii launched, but I'm just glad to know that we are still going strong...

I guess it boils down to great games and gameplay, not about promises and hot air. We all know that graphics are fantastic on the 360, but it holds up in the gameplay and online department as well. The Wii is selling a lot too, and we know it doesn't have the next-gen visuals we expect, but the controls are intuitive and fun, that's why it is selling. Not much good I can say about the PS3 (okay, I guess it's kinda shiny...)

babyfarmer
01-12-2007, 10:35 PM
This is very good news.

PerpetualHeaven
01-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Well, duh! You win hardware sales if there are more out there!

haha yeah I know that. I was just simply stating the PS3s lack of supply is the reason for it's low sales. If you think about it, the current sales the PS3 now is extremely good for the lack of supply they have.

It's just 360 fanboys misusing statistics for their own advantage. Yeah sure there's probably 1-3 PS3s sitting here and there but how can you sell something that no one has an abudance of? Again, these are just my views. I never take the fanboy position so I generally look at things differently then most hardcore 360ers would.

Heart Braden
01-13-2007, 02:31 AM
Yeah, well, when I think of the PS3, the main thing that comes to mind is the 45 minutes I spent breaking my neck to look at the screen in Best Buy going through each and every demo game on the console, looking for something, anything, that looked or played as good as the 360. And I swear I had the most disgusted face leaving that store. Personally, I'm not surprised by the lack of PS3 sales. I wasn't impressed by it. Not at all.

wackysplash
01-13-2007, 03:04 AM
Sony provides life for their consoles. PS2 during the month of december in terms of hardware sold 1.4 million. Yes that's their last-gen console but it's still selling well and they're still making great games for it. Sony offers long-term for users. It may have been slow now and I wonder why.. shucks their supply is horrendous. You can't make sales when you don't have the supply.

Yes there may be PS3s on the shelves now but does that mean the sales are bad? No, it sold 490.7k consoles in december (NA) which is very good for a console who doesn't have that much supply. That's like saying the 360 didn't sell well because you can walk in and still grab a 360 which you can but there's so much supply they can sell more consoles.

I find it kind of funny that most 360 users and Microsoft dismiss sony so easily. I mean the PSP started slow but it sold almost a million in NA for december. Anyways, Sony in terms of sales, made 40% more then the other two in December. Maybe they aren't doing super great right now because of the lack of supply they have right now, but given the time I think they'll sell alot. Do I think they'll be number 1? no. number 2? no. Not for a long time atleast. But in the long run, the PS3 will have the most consoles sold. That's just my view and how things have been working for Sony. Theyv'e upped the everything in their business (despite that horrible battery recall). Their movies, music, computer, and TV sections have rised significantly and their stock has risen a lot also.

But again this is my views and how I think the economy works from my eyes. I may be wrong because business is very unpredictable. This is just my forecast that's all. It's all speculation :P

As for most "exclusives" are you sure? I mean do you know how many exclusives Sony has? A lot. They have a few going to the 360 sure, some may be timed exclusive and most of them are rumours thus far.

do you have proof that they made more money?? because you need to factor in the fact that they had many a recall and the fact that they are losing hundreds of dollars on each system....... so...... jw

eXiled Killah
01-13-2007, 04:00 AM

Agreed!! The real challenge will be next christmas season with the hardware in abundance. Good luck to microsoft, but I'm betting the Wii will edge it out next holiday season. Everyone thinks its a great secondary system, so if you have Xbox owners buying a Wii and PS3 owners also buying a Wii... guess who wins;)

babyfarmer
01-13-2007, 04:16 AM
Agreed!! The real challenge will be next christmas season with the hardware in abundance. Good luck to microsoft, but I'm betting the Wii will edge it out next holiday season. Everyone thinks its a great secondary system, so if you have Xbox owners buying a Wii and PS3 owners also buying a Wii... guess who wins;)

I think the shine will be off the Wii by next year and it will be lagging behind after a lackluster year of software. Seriously, besides a new Mario, Super Smash Bros, and Metroid games, they are seriously lacking any killer apps for the system. Some people never learn, wasn't that the problem with the Gamecube?

PerpetualHeaven
01-13-2007, 04:18 AM
do you have proof that they made more money?? because you need to factor in the fact that they had many a recall and the fact that they are losing hundreds of dollars on each system....... so...... jw

Yeah well many don't read my daily news so I figured you never saw my proof. Also, they lose money on the PS3 obviously because it's the starting but given the time, that loss will cut down and hopefully a price cut will come to NA a year or year 1/2 from now.
Anyways here's my proof:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156365
HW Sales (month and LTD)
Nintendo DS 1.6 mm 9.2 mm
PS2 1.4 mm 37.1 mm
GBA 850.7 K 35.1 mm
Xbox 360 1.1 mm 4.5 mm
Wii 604.2 K 1.1 mm
PSP 953.2 K 6.7 mm
PS3 490.7 K 687.3 K Top 10 Video Games
360 GEARS OF WAR - MICROSOFT 815.7 K
PS2 GUITAR HERO 2 W/GUITAR - ACTIVISION 805.2 K
PS2 MADDEN NFL 07 - ELECTRONIC ARTS 737.1 K
GCN LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS - NINTENDO 532.9 K
WII LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS - NINTENDO 519.2 K
PS2 WWE SMACKDOWN VS. RAW 2007 - THQ 484.5 K
NDS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS - NINTENDO 427.5 K
360 CALL OF DUTY 3 - ACTIVISION 410.8 K
NDS YOSHI'S ISLAND 2 - NINTENDO 407.2 K
PS2 CALL OF DUTY 3 - ACTIVISION 365.3 K
Top 10 Video Games - Annual 2006
PS2 MADDEN NFL 07 - ELECTRONIC ARTS 2.8 mm
NDS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS - NINTENDO 2.0 mm
360 GEARS OF WAR - MICROSOFT 1.8 mm
PS2 KINGDOM HEARTS II - SQUARE ENIX 1.7 mm
PS2 GUITAR HERO 2 W/GUITAR - ACTIVISION 1.3 mm
PS2 FINAL FANTASY XII - SQUARE ENIX 1.3 mm
NDS BRAIN AGE: TRAIN YOUR BRAIN - NINTENDO 1.1mm
360 MADDEN NFL 07 - ELECTRONIC ARTS 1.1mm
360 TOM CLANCY'S GRAW - UBISOFT 1.0 mm
PS2 NCAA FOOTBALL 07- ELECTRONIC ARTS 1.0 mm
Top 10 Titles All Platforms - December 2006
Madden NFL 07 - Electronic Arts 1.9 mm
Call Of Duty 3 - Activision 1.1 mm
Cars - THQ 874.0 k
Need for Speed: Carbon - Electronic Arts 871.6 K
360 GEARS OF WAR - MICROSOFT 815.7 K
PS2 GUITAR HERO 2 W/GUITAR - ACTIVISION 805.2 K
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy - LucasArts 792.3 K
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 - THQ 731.6 K
Tony Hawk's Project 8 - Activision 713.9 K
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Activision 642.9 K
Top 10 Accessory Items - December 2006 Units
360 WIRELESS CONTROLLER 823.8 K
WII REMOTE CONTROLLER 646.7 K
WII NUNCHUK CONTROLLER 497.1 K
PS2 8 MEG MEMORY CARD 474.8 K
PS3 SIXAXIS WIRELESS CONTROLLER 336.0 K
PS2 MEMORY CARD 8 MEG 286.0 K
PS2/PS DUAL SHOCK2 CONTL 263.4 K
PS2/PS BLUE DL SH2 CNTL 245.2 K
360 PLAY & CHARGE KIT 224.6 K
PS2 CORDLESS ACTION CNTLR 219.9 K

"According to NPD data, SCEA tallied total sales of $1.61 billion, with more than 2.8 million units of hardware, 22.4 million units of software and 6.9 million peripherals sold, besting the next closest company's total retail sales dollars by nearly 40%."

PerpetualHeaven
01-13-2007, 04:25 AM
I think the shine will be off the Wii by next year and it will be lagging behind after a lackluster year of software. Seriously, besides a new Mario, Super Smash Bros, and Metroid games, they are seriously lacking any killer apps for the system. Some people never learn, wasn't that the problem with the Gamecube?

Yes, that was the problem with the gamecube but developers weren't excited about Gamecube because it didn't have something new and creative to work with.

Right now Elebits, Super Monkeyball, Rayman Raving Rabbids, and Trauma Second Operation are all great games i've tried so far. Also, Warioware is coming out and a lot of gaming sites have been crazy about that game.

But other then those games you named you have Warioware, Wii Play, SSX blur, Bust-a-move bash, fire emblem, and dragon quest swords. That's just me personally what i'm excited for from what i've seen. I don't think Wii is another Gamecube. Different technology, different style, different everything. If you were to make a compare and contrast type thing, there would be so many more differences. (obviously these aren't killer apps but what consoles generally have more a handful of killer apps? Nintendo, in my opinion, has the most killer aps in Zelda, Mario games, Super Smash, and Metroid Prime).

Monsterbox
01-13-2007, 04:32 AM
Maybe they aren't doing super great right now because of the lack of supply they have right now, but given the time I think they'll sell alot.
There is no lack of supply for PS3s right now. You can walk into virtually any store and pick one up. Even the week before Christmas you could go to one of several stores around here and simply pick one off the shelf. Not hole-in-the-wall retailers either. We're talking Wal-Mart, Best Buy and Target.

Now, it might be possible that people are waiting until more games come out for it. I have heard that from numerous people. They pushed the Blue-ray thing so heavily it almost seems like they forgot it's a god damned Video Game Console. There's 1 title worth playing on that system right now and it's Resistance: Fall of Man. And even that pales next to something like Gears of War or Lost Planet. I've played them all, you can argue if you want, but Resistance isn't an inventory mover. Not to say it isn't a good game, it is, but it's not worth the price of admission at the moment.

If sales of the unit don't pick up in the next few months as more games worth owning come out for the system, then it might be time to worry. Right now it's too early to tell, but PS3 is off to a horrendous start out of the gate, and not because of any shortage of units. There's just nothing to do with it right now, so the only people who care are the EBayers and the gadget freaks. Right now the Wii has the novelty, the 360 has the library and the PS3 has Blue-Ray.

Getting right down to the raw figures of it all, Nintendo is demolishing both companies in terms of sheer demand for their console. The pricepoint and availability are playing havoc with the numbers, but the Wii is a critical success while to this point the PS3 is a bust. Once more quality titles come out for the fledgling systems though, where it goes from there is anybody's guess.

Actuallly, Sony hasn't lost exclusivity to anything. They never had it to begin with for most of the titles we've seen recently "become" multi-platform releases. They simply made the publishers delay announcing the cross-platform releases for as long as possible. They wanted those titles to be synonymous with PS3 to help sell the system through the holiday. It didn't work.

No, the problem with the GameCube is that it came too late in the game. The Playstation 2, Dreamcast and XBox (almost positive on the timing of the XBox) were already out there. As a result, there wasn't much push behind it aside from Nintendo's own offerings. They latched onto a few developers and tried hard to pull things out of them (which actually resulted in some pretty good games) but it was too late. If they had another CD-Based console in place of the N64 to compete with the original Playstation and a second CD-Based Unit at the time of the PS2, it might be a whole different story.

As for the shine off the Wii... I highly doubt it. Many companies are extremely excited by the possibilities offered by the new I/O scheme offered by the system. Gesture gaming is the future. Sony realized it at the last second (6-axis), and Microsoft has been coming to realize it more and more. TotemBall (while not a very good game) shows the direction that things are going. The launch offerings from Nintendo were the strongest of the three systems (the top of a very shallow barrel mind you, but still...) and it's showing no signs of stopping now.

Personally, I hope they all stay neck-and-neck forever. Keep each other on their toes and the quality games flowing into our hands and homes.

Monsterbox
01-13-2007, 04:42 AM
Nothing to see here...

PerpetualHeaven
01-13-2007, 05:04 AM
There isn't a lack of supply for a PS3?
So how many are in stores again? like 3-6? Since when does that qualify as supply. For the PS2 to have sold greatly, it had a lot more then 3-6 per store for it to sell well. Same with the 360 and same with the Wii. The Wii pushed out a lot more consoles then Sony does and ditto goes for Microsoft.

Monsterbox
01-13-2007, 04:00 PM
There isn't a lack of supply for a PS3?
So how many are in stores again? like 3-6? Since when does that qualify as supply.
Since ever? If there are things there to be bought, they are in supply. When you can walk into a store and pick one up, when you can order them from on-line retailers who say they are in-stock; there is supply. That is what supply is, having merchandise to sell. Whether it's 3 or 300 there is supply available. The demand is simply not present, or there'd be zero available just like is currently the case with the Wii.

You keep citing the PS2 saying that they moved more because they made more. Well, that's only a portion of the equation. If people don't want to buy what you're selling, it doesn't matter how many you make. Sony made and shipped to North America more PS3s than there were people who wanted to own one. If they had shipped twice the amount, there'd simply be 6-12 sitting in stores instead of 3-6. The GameStop by my house than I do the majority of my shopping at has 8 units that they've had for the last three weeks. However, every day people come in and ask about the Wii and the units sell out within hours after a shipment arrives.

Zef
01-13-2007, 04:11 PM
The PS3 outsold by the GBA XD

Brilliant.

wackysplash
01-13-2007, 11:32 PM
The PS3 outsold by the GBA XD

Brilliant.
ROFLMAO!.........

CorporalRubadub
01-14-2007, 12:09 AM
That seems A little pathetic when that happens to a big gaming company
(But secretly i'm happy:woop: )

PerpetualHeaven
01-14-2007, 01:32 AM
Alright, there's no point arguing. I still think if there was more supply there would be a lot more sold. Maybe not everyone is as hectic or maybe people are just waiting for good games I don't know, but I feel as in the long run the PS3 will have the most consoles sold.

Darth Odan
01-14-2007, 04:53 AM
This is a bit unfair for the Wii. Considering that the Wii just launched [a month before November] they, just like the PS3, would have been sold out. So, people would by the 360 so they wouldn't be left out.

mightydionysus
01-14-2007, 06:27 AM
EBGames.com is now selling PS3 Bundles with one extra controller and Resistance. I think that shows that price, is hurting the system.... maybe not supply.haha yeah I know that. I was just simply stating the PS3s lack of supply is the reason for it's low sales. If you think about it, the current sales the PS3 now is extremely good for the lack of supply they have.

It's just 360 fanboys misusing statistics for their own advantage. Yeah sure there's probably 1-3 PS3s sitting here and there but how can you sell something that no one has an abudance of? Again, these are just my views. I never take the fanboy position so I generally look at things differently then most hardcore 360ers would.

Ragana
01-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Alright, there's no point arguing. I still think if there was more supply there would be a lot more sold. Maybe not everyone is as hectic or maybe people are just waiting for good games I don't know, but I feel as in the long run the PS3 will have the most consoles sold.

No, more systems would not sell just because of bigger supply. The reason the supply is so low is because the systems are not selling. How are you not getting this?

eXiled Killah
01-14-2007, 10:50 PM
lol. Actually if you thought about it, having 1-3 units available would be better for sales then having 9-12. How many times haven't you walked into a game store debating on which game to buy and because there were fewer copies of one over the other, you bought the one with the lesser amount available thinking it would sell out and you could always get the other later. A friend of mine walked into Target and saw 24 Wii systems (just delivered I guess), but only saw 3 Premium 360 sets. He wants both systems but figured that he'd get the 360 now since there were only 3 in stock and he could always come back to get the other later.

BUT, I still think the real race will be NEXT holiday season.

Zef
01-14-2007, 11:14 PM
My money is on the GBA. It had a good holiday this year, it can only get better.

PerpetualHeaven
01-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Well there's a new rumour which might change the luck for Sony:

" It is rumored that Sony will be releasing another version of the PlayStation that doesn't include the Blu-Ray drive so that they can recapture the market. This move is "aimed at family pricing"

http://www.ps3.net/newsboard/view.php?id=638

There's also something else I wanted to bring to light. PS3 sold 687k units during the 2 month launch window whereas 360 launched 634k in 2 months. Wii though sold 1.08 million in the same window.

eXiled Killah
01-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Well there's a new rumour which might change the luck for Sony:

" It is rumored that Sony will be releasing another version of the PlayStation that doesn't include the Blu-Ray drive so that they can recapture the market. This move is "aimed at family pricing"

Ha! That's like Sony admitting that they're pushing tooo hard for Blu-Ray

PerpetualHeaven
01-17-2007, 02:30 AM
Ha! That's like Sony admitting that they're pushing tooo hard for Blu-Ray

and I guess it is them admitting it. If they're smart they should go to a DVD drive instead. They would gain back most of the market that they may have lost (I don't know how much they've lost but in a year I think we could see).

eXiled Killah
01-17-2007, 02:52 AM
If they're smart they should go to a DVD drive instead. They would gain back most of the market that they may have lost (I don't know how much they've lost but in a year I think we could see).

I don't know much about what their software is printed on, but aren't the games also on Blu-Ray? If that's the case, then they can't go to DVD... althought I definitely agree that that would help them regain SOME of what they've lost. Saying 'most' would be very optimistic.

PerpetualHeaven
01-17-2007, 02:57 AM
I don't know much about what their software is printed on, but aren't the games also on Blu-Ray? If that's the case, then they can't go to DVD... althought I definitely agree that that would help them regain SOME of what they've lost. Saying 'most' would be very optimistic.

Sony lives off their brand. They've been doing very well lately and boosted their stock and profits. Eventually all the people who are buying PS2s now will buy PS3s when they're cheaper. I thnk that's the main issue. if there was some sort of price drop, atleats a 100 like in japan they would sell way more consoles. But besides, PS3 isn't doing bad now. They sold more in the 2 month launch window then the 360 did.

heman38
01-17-2007, 03:42 PM
i was one of the ones that paid a rediculous amount of money for the wii for my little sister for chirstmas, it was great when we started playing it, but the games are definetely for a younger generation. there is no reality to the games i purchased, so the fun went away for me very quickly. bowling was fun but i soon returned to my 360 for some gears and soccer!

eXiled Killah
01-17-2007, 11:21 PM
But besides, PS3 isn't doing bad now.

The analysts seem to think differently;)

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2084338,00.asp

Quote:'Japan's Sony Corp. said on Tuesday it has shipped 1 million PlayStation 3 game consoles in Japan, but speculation is rising that the company would fall far short of its 6 million global shipment target by March.'

'The announcement came a day after Nomura Securities cut its PS3 shipment forecast through March by 25 percent to 4.5 million units, citing worse-than-expected sales.'

'KBC Securities analyst Hiroshi Kamide also said the brokerage estimates Sony selling only a little over 3 million units of the PS3 by March because of its high price and lack of game software available for the console.'

'Nomura also lowered its PS3 shipment forecast to 10 million units from 16 million for 2007/08 and to 11 million units from 18 million for 2008/09. '

Don't get me wrong. I really do wish Sony would get it together, but right now ........:confused:

PerpetualHeaven
01-18-2007, 12:28 AM
I think their 2 month launch window was fairly good. I mean yeah their production is slow and the intake is slow, but we'll have to wait in the long run. Wasn't all these things said about the PS1 and PS2? Adoption is slow but Sony somehow manages to come back. Their company was falling apart 2 years ago and losing in all departments. Now their electronics, music, and movie sections are doing phenomonal.

Also according to this research firm, they expect 75 million people to have bought PS3s by 2010:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163625.html

Now I don't think that's a bad number at all.

I also want to remind you that the PS3 sold more then the 360 in it's launch 2 month launch window without Europe. Wii had a worldwide launch, shipping everywhere. Do I think PS3 would have sold more then the Wii? Probably not, but Europeans were more likely to adopt the PS3 then north americans. I don't know if that market is still there, I highly doubt it is but when they do release it their I think things may change a bit. Sony won't dominate like it did the last 2 generations, but they'll eventually lead.

The critics, the insults, and everything else has been there since PS1. I don't doubt sony in anyway though. I'm a firm supporter of all 3 consoles. So I generally don't take one side ove another. But I do believe sony is allowed to make so many mistakes. If they don't smarten for next generation and give good Dev tools, they'll be screwed. Again, these are all speculations just like the analysts. Yes, there are consoles on the shelf, but they still sold more then the 360 did in 2 months. You can go ahead and call that bad, but that would make no sense.