PDA

View Full Version : Juggernaut - pre-order bonus

InfernoFrY
07-13-2009, 11:50 AM
So apparently Juggernaut can be unlocked in the US if you pre-order from GameStop.

But does anyone know how we can go about obtaining him in the UK? Is he available from our usual retailers such as Game/Gamestation, or do we have to go into our abysmally over-priced UK GameStop to get him?

Where to Find Him

USA- Gamestop
Australia - EB Games
UK - Amazon.co.uk

leper33
07-14-2009, 03:52 PM
He's available in Australia as well from EB Games for preordering so I daresay there will be a UK distributor with him also.

InfernoFrY
07-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Thanks I'll keep this thread updated as I hear more and put where he is available in various countries.

moshr666
07-22-2009, 07:45 PM
done a little research into this and it seems amazon.co.uk will give you the juggernaunt bonus code

here's a link

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (Xbox 360): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

InfernoFrY
07-24-2009, 11:49 AM
done a little research into this and it seems amazon.co.uk will give you the juggernaunt bonus code

here's a link

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (Xbox 360): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marvel-Ultimate-Alliance-Xbox-360/dp/B002BH3VTW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1248291866&sr=1-1)

yeah it was announced a few days ago, I've been meaning to update.

nmcneeley
08-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a way to get him without pre-ordering the game?

hondafanatic17
08-18-2009, 03:20 AM
Well my guess is that when the game does finally hit stores everyones gonna start playing it and someone gonna find out the by collecting a certain amount of thingymabobers or goldstaring all the levels you can unlock him that way. Like wha they did with Silver Surfer in first game. And all the dipshits that wasted 10 bucks to have a total of 20 minutes of bragging online that there the only ones that got it before whats his face finds out how to unlock him in the game and posts it here. No offense to everyone who's preordering because they want the game really bad.

floridafan765
08-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Well my guess is that when the game does finally hit stores everyones gonna start playing it and someone gonna find out the by collecting a certain amount of thingymabobers or goldstaring all the levels you can unlock him that way. Like wha they did with Silver Surfer in first game. And all the dipshits that wasted 10 bucks to have a total of 20 minutes of bragging online that there the only ones that got it before whats his face finds out how to unlock him in the game and posts it here. No offense to everyone who's preordering because they want the game really bad. I preordered to make sure i could get the Juggernaut just in case your assumptions are incorrect..which they very well could be because silver surfer was a in-game code i think the juggernaut is a redeem code type thing. Oh and who wasted 10 bucks? you don't pay extra to preorder lol

hondafanatic17
08-19-2009, 03:21 AM
I preordered to make sure i could get the Juggernaut just in case your assumptions are incorrect..which they very well could be because silver surfer was a in-game code i think the juggernaut is a redeem code type thing. Oh and who wasted 10 bucks? you don't pay extra to preorder lol
Oh well I don't want to start annoying people on here so ur prolly right bout it. I just think that it will prolly be in the game or something and I'm pretty sure my gamestop charges more when you preorder, but I haven't bought anything in there in a long time so what do I know LOL.

floridafan765
08-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Oh well I don't want to start annoying people on here so ur prolly right bout it. I just think that it will prolly be in the game or something and I'm pretty sure my gamestop charges more when you preorder, but I haven't bought anything in there in a long time so what do I know LOL. No problem. And i don't doubt that one will be able to unlock Juggernaut somehow whether it be throughout the game or later on as DLC. i just had to reply to your earlier post because you said something along the lines of "dipshits who wasted 10 bucks" and i didn't want to be recognized as a dipshit, that's all

Phantom Morph X
08-19-2009, 03:02 PM
It's the first time I pre-order a game, so I have a noob question... Does using GameStops's code (specially in case if it's not in-game like the Silver Surfer was) count as a cheat code? Does it disables achievements?

The only game I had a code for, was Wolverine (one of my first two XBox 360 games, since I started playing in May), and I was disappointed when it was a costume you could unlock playing (and I didn't know about achievements then).

InfernoFrY
08-19-2009, 05:31 PM
It's the first time I pre-order a game, so I have a noob question... Does using GameStops's code (specially in case if it's not in-game like the Silver Surfer was) count as a cheat code? Does it disables achievements?

Thats a definate no since its not a cheat, its DLC. You will receive a code with you redeem on the xbox live marketplace, accept the download and that will unlock the character.

metzgarob
08-20-2009, 05:26 PM
What if my buddy preorders it and I just use his code... or for that matter what if someone just puts thier code online somewhere? would it still work?

Phantom Morph X
08-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Thats a definate no since its not a cheat, its DLC. You will receive a code with you redeem on the xbox live marketplace, accept the download and that will unlock the character.

Oh, so then the code wouldn't work if one doesn't have XBox Live. That's no fair for those who don't have it.

floridafan765
08-23-2009, 01:12 AM
What if my buddy preorders it and I just use his code... or for that matter what if someone just puts thier code online somewhere? would it still work? To my knowlegde the code only works once..

InfernoFrY
09-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Oh, so then the code wouldn't work if one doesn't have XBox Live. That's no fair for those who don't have it.

You'd only need a silver account, just plug your xbox into your internet connection. If you dont have an internet connection I dont know how you are here right now.

sleepydumbdude
09-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Dunno if they will do it on 360 for american but I got an email from playstation store and the playstation store had upcoming DLC and it listed Juggernaut for 1.99 which is also a preorder bonus on the PS3 version from gamestop so maybe some of these characters will be available on launch day for 160 points without the code. I hope so.

mortikia
09-11-2009, 08:50 PM
I got my pre-order code, but when I go to type it in it says it is invalid.... so I will try again on the 15th.

Midnight Malice
09-11-2009, 10:35 PM
You could always pre-order the game from the store with the bonus, pick it up with the code on release day, then return it unopened the next day, and buy it from a cheaper place.

It won't count as a cheat since it is DLC.

For codes not working, the content will probably only be available on actual release day, and codes generally only work once, so sharing probably won't happen.

sleepydumbdude
09-12-2009, 03:26 AM
You could always pre-order the game from the store with the bonus, pick it up with the code on release day, then return it unopened the next day, and buy it from a cheaper place.

I've done it before. I was going to do it again when i thought Hulk was a best buy exclusive then found out it was only an ingame code to get him earlier.

mortikia
09-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Alright I have managed to get my code working to get Jugg, tried the code on my friends acc and says it was already used so sorry I cant share.

To get Juggs alt costume you have to kill 300 people, instead of the 50 like everyone else, his costume is all black, and looks like he has laser type eyes (horizontil line accross the helm, and its glowing red)

Voxael
09-14-2009, 10:47 AM
To get Juggs alt costume you have to kill 300 people, instead of the 50 like everyone else, his costume is all black, and looks like he has laser type eyes (horizontil line accross the helm, and its glowing red)

That sounds like the Ultimate Universe Jugg-head ... which is AWESOME.

Midnight Malice
09-14-2009, 10:53 AM
it is indeed awesome. Can't wait to play as him now......

http://i26.tinypic.com/5pg7l2.jpg

mksystem74
09-14-2009, 11:25 AM
I never got my email for the code yet =( I want to use Juggs too

Midnight Malice
09-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I imagine the code will be e-mailed tonight... Hopefully they don't F this up, I will probably use him as soon as I can change my character.

Tapion
09-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Like the alternate costume. Just waiting on getting the game now.

KamikazeQ
09-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Notice the wording people. All the ads say that you will get a code to unlock the Juggernaut not a code to download him. Thus implying he is already on the disk. I think this is going to be just like the previous Silver Surfer code. Heck most people missed it but BestBuy.com was offering codes to unlock the Hulk to anyone that preorders from them.

This reminds me of the Wolverine Orgins preorder that let you unlock the challenge room. A month after the game released they started selling an unlock key on live. The only time I ever really go for preorder bonuses is when they advertise an extra download not an unlock.

Midnight Malice
09-15-2009, 05:28 AM
Notice the wording people. All the ads say that you will get a code to unlock the Juggernaut not a code to download him. Thus implying he is already on the disk.

Yeah, but either way I'm still paying the same, why wait a month to get him for DLC at extra cost when I can have him at the beginning for the free price of a pre-order.

BTW, I got the code e-mailed to me tonight, some had a midnight release, but I gotta wait til morning :(

mighty1
09-15-2009, 09:40 PM
idk fellas. you know this could have been much better if gamestop wouldve passed out those mua2 cards the day we preordered rather than give it to us the day the game is released and making us wait even more. i pre ordered a month ago for juggernaught and this new development of waiting 2 days for a code is just wtf 2 me. im still new to this whole pre ordering but man the way they did the batman: arkham asylum map codes for those that pre ordered. gs normally mess up like this?

Subion
09-16-2009, 12:46 AM
idk fellas. you know this could have been much better if gamestop wouldve passed out those mua2 cards the day we preordered rather than give it to us the day the game is released and making us wait even more. i pre ordered a month ago for juggernaught and this new development of waiting 2 days for a code is just wtf 2 me. im still new to this whole pre ordering but man the way they did the batman: arkham asylum map codes for those that pre ordered. gs normally mess up like this?

The cards didn't come in to any of my local gamestops until about a month ago. I preordered the game the day it was listed as reservable. My issue was the recipit code needed. I lost my recepit right after preordering. I went into Gamestop a few weeks ago and they told me they recieved the cards that you need to get Juggs and gave me one. I went back in next day after I found out you need the recepit and told them I don't have one. They said we will go ahead and cancel your reserve and reserve it agin. I got an email about 8PM eastern time last night with my code.

I don't understand why people have so much trouble with their stores. We have 3 within 45 min drive and 2 more in the same mall (was babbages and eb games.) that is only an 1 or so drive. The 3 local allways are on top of things. They know stuff as soon as the game is listed. Not sure about the other 2 I never go that way. I only buy mygames with gamestop unless somewhere has an exclusive I want wich is rarely.