PDA

View Full Version : Response from SEGA Europe - Re: Patch

LLC2003
07-13-2009, 03:41 PM
I have just had a response from Sega Europe and logging two support requests:

Thank you for contacting SEGA Europe.

Our development team are working to resolve a number of issues that have been reported during play through of the game. There will be an update to resolve such issues, we would suggest you keep an eye on our main website for further info on when this will be released.

Kind Regards

Sega Europe

Hopefully it will be with us sooner rather than later....

HeatGuyStu
07-13-2009, 04:11 PM
I have just had a response from Sega Europe and logging two support requests:

Thank you for contacting SEGA Europe.

Our development team are working to resolve a number of issues that have been reported during play through of the game. There will be an update to resolve such issues, we would suggest you keep an eye on our main website for further info on when this will be released.

Kind Regards

Sega Europe

Hopefully it will be with us sooner rather than later....

Thanks for posting. In others words though by Sega:

"We have no idea how to fix this yet, sorry we released a broken game.

Kind regards

Sonic the Hedgehog"

Jimbo76
07-15-2009, 06:37 PM
FFS. I have been waiting for this patch since the second week of its release. come on sega pull your finger out. im not happy that i paid 33 quid for a broken game.

SjWiLKiN
07-17-2009, 12:17 PM
2 days later....any news on this update?

LLC2003
07-19-2009, 08:14 AM
No further response from SEGA.

At the same time I also emailed Sumo Digital (VT Developer) and there producer has CONFIRMED they are working on a patch. He told he it would fix the issues and needs to be passed by SEGA before it can be released - it could take weeks or months :(

Jimbo76
07-19-2009, 11:03 AM
No further response from SEGA.

At the same time I also emailed Sumo Digital (VT Developer) and there producer has CONFIRMED they are working on a patch. He told he it would fix the issues and needs to be passed by SEGA before it can be released - it could take weeks or months :(
Doesnt microsoft have to pass them before anything goes on the market place also? if so its gonna take even longer.

LLC2003
07-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Doesnt microsoft have to pass them before anything goes on the market place also? if so its gonna take even longer.

The game has been released over a month so I guess by Sep-Oct we might see a patch.

Sumo Digital first need to re-write the code, then get it tested. Then it needs to be passed to SEGA and then onto MICROSOFT for approval and release.

By the time the patch comes out they will be working on VT2010. I might just wait for that game instead.

uaeakuma
07-25-2009, 12:00 PM
My rank stucked at 18 world pro -__-

mark23
07-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Are you sure you are stuck because once in the top 20 only grandslam tournys move you up rankings, this means even though you still have to play the masters tournys to aviod dropping in rank that at times you can play 3 of these in a row & not move at all.

WoodsMonk
07-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Every time I see a new reply in this thread, I think there's news about the patch!:p

uaeakuma
07-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Are you sure you are stuck because once in the top 20 only grandslam tournys move you up rankings, this means even though you still have to play the masters tournys to aviod dropping in rank that at times you can play 3 of these in a row & not move at all.

Thanks

I just played 1 grandslam and ( 1-150) (1-100) so it might not be glichted

I will play more today and see

monkofdoom
07-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Hi All,

This was posted on the SEGA forums yesterday by the administrator:-

"In short, we were given info recently that the patch is going through the motions now. This means that we should be able to get a list of what will be fixed, as well as a rough timeframe of when the patch will hit, and announce it here on the boards in the coming weeks.

Sorry if I haven't been as active lately, all last week I was busy running around in San Diego at the convention, and things have been pretty crazy. I have absolutely not forgotten about you guys though, and will continue to post here with more news as soon as I can!"

Monkster1978

LLC2003
08-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Thanks for posting the info. Hopefully we will see a patch in the next few weeks.

Even with all the negative feedback I am still looking forward to playing this game.

supadryz
08-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Any word on a patch for this yet??

Jimbo76
08-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Its gonna take a while by the sounds of it.

sleath
08-23-2009, 02:55 PM
right then, how much longer do we have to wait for this game to get fixed? im starting to get pissed off now

WoodsMonk
08-26-2009, 12:19 PM
OMG! How long does it take!!

They have no plans to release an update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

sleath
08-29-2009, 10:27 AM
this game is not getting fixed, they are bullshitting us

elfobuono
08-31-2009, 07:18 AM
news about this patch?

mark21667
08-31-2009, 09:48 AM
I had to d/l an update yesterday. Is this the patch. Btw, what issues need to be fixed? The game is still freezing for me on both my consoles. Btw, I am in the UK.

elfobuono
08-31-2009, 12:37 PM
tonight i will download the patch...
I hope they fix 146 bug, sponsor bug, style guru bug...

Jimbo76
08-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Is this the patch we have all been waiting for? i hope so. il load up the game in a while and have a look for myslef.

Kaspanova
08-31-2009, 09:55 PM
Is this the patch we have all been waiting for? i hope so. il load up the game in a while and have a look for myslef.

was it the one you were waiting for?

Boostme
09-01-2009, 08:04 AM
was it the one you were waiting for?

CORONATION achievement is STILL glitched. what a shame. After all this wait, i just beat KoP tourney and still no coronation.

LLC2003
09-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Is there any news on anybody unlocking the CORONATION achievement with this new patch?

I will have a look on the SEGA forums now and see what ppl are saying over there...

Will update post shortly...

UPDATE 1 - 25/08 (from RubyEclipse 'Adminstrator' at SEGA Forums
"By this time the original patches mentioned in this thread are quite old, but I can confirm that there's another on the way. I am still waiting to get a full list of details myself, but I do know that a number of the big issues are being looked at right now, and will hopefully be completely fixed once it arrives.

Thanks to everyone for their patience as the patch gets prepped and out the door. I'll drop another line with info as soon as I can. "

WoodsMonk
09-01-2009, 03:03 PM
I had to d/l an update yesterday. Is this the patch. Btw, what issues need to be fixed? The game is still freezing for me on both my consoles. Btw, I am in the UK.

Strange...I was playing it yesterday (after you posted this) and I didn't get an update?

GAZZ16
09-04-2009, 02:37 PM
This was on the SEGA forums yesterday by an admin:

Hi guys,

I got some more news in today, some of which I can't reveal yet, but I think you guys will definitely be happy to hear.

I don't want to promise any dates for the patch yet - solely because it's not something I can control directly, and I don't want to make everyone angry if the date moves at all. That said, we are coming up on it quickly and the news I'm getting is looking pretty positive. Once I can start giving out a rough release date, I'll also pass that along so you guys have some hints as to when it's arriving.

More news coming as soon as I can post it!

Will post any new information from SEGA forums as soon as i can!!

GAZZ16
09-10-2009, 12:40 PM
This was posted yesterday on SEGA forums by an admin called Ruby:

Quote:Originally Posted by Hertsh

Ruby, you promised this list already mid-june and this is referring to the first patch. Why havenīt you kept your promise here?

Your promise the other day that things are moving and that we will be happy hearing about them once we get the chance to sounds fake knowing that you were not even able to keep the first promise in June.

You know we are angry with SEGA for lousy quality and bad consumer support, donīt add to it by giving us false promises, please. Now, I realize you donīt want to give false promises and thus you are very quite in these forums nowadays as you have nothing to add to the discussion since your fellow friends at SEGA are too slow and too bad in fixing the game.

Iīm not angry with you but please help us in getting the guys at SEGA work faster and better, and make them help you in holding your promises and let us know the list of fixes in the first patch as well the list of fixes for the upcoming patch!!! NOW

Hey there Hertsh,

I actually think that was a very well written post, and I agree with a lot of it. Since the game launched I have been told a number of dates, some of which were promised (to me), and that I've since passed on to you guys.

When the things I am told don't happen, it disappoints all of us - myself included. That's why I don't want to promise any new dates or date ranges to you guys right now. I'll always trust someone once, but my cred and reputation in this community is not something I'm willing to sacrifice just to make some people above me happy.

Ultimately, I work every day with you guys, and all of you are what matter most to me. I'm going to wait until I am 100% sure that what I am told is happening, and only then will I confirm it here on the boards.

I've said it a million times already, but I feel it should be said once more: Thank you. Seriously - to all of the fans, thank you. I know that you post, not because you dislike the game, but because of your love for the franchise and the greatness that Virtua Tennis was and is.

Until next time, I'll still be around posting - and always reading.

Next post will come soon!!

Jimbo76
10-02-2009, 11:53 AM
This was posted yesterday on SEGA forums by an admin called Ruby:

Quote:Originally Posted by Hertsh

Ruby, you promised this list already mid-june and this is referring to the first patch. Why havenīt you kept your promise here?

Your promise the other day that things are moving and that we will be happy hearing about them once we get the chance to sounds fake knowing that you were not even able to keep the first promise in June.

You know we are angry with SEGA for lousy quality and bad consumer support, donīt add to it by giving us false promises, please. Now, I realize you donīt want to give false promises and thus you are very quite in these forums nowadays as you have nothing to add to the discussion since your fellow friends at SEGA are too slow and too bad in fixing the game.

Iīm not angry with you but please help us in getting the guys at SEGA work faster and better, and make them help you in holding your promises and let us know the list of fixes in the first patch as well the list of fixes for the upcoming patch!!! NOW

Hey there Hertsh,

I actually think that was a very well written post, and I agree with a lot of it. Since the game launched I have been told a number of dates, some of which were promised (to me), and that I've since passed on to you guys.

When the things I am told don't happen, it disappoints all of us - myself included. That's why I don't want to promise any new dates or date ranges to you guys right now. I'll always trust someone once, but my cred and reputation in this community is not something I'm willing to sacrifice just to make some people above me happy.

Ultimately, I work every day with you guys, and all of you are what matter most to me. I'm going to wait until I am 100% sure that what I am told is happening, and only then will I confirm it here on the boards.

I've said it a million times already, but I feel it should be said once more: Thank you. Seriously - to all of the fans, thank you. I know that you post, not because you dislike the game, but because of your love for the franchise and the greatness that Virtua Tennis was and is.

Until next time, I'll still be around posting - and always reading.

Next post will come soon!!

so ruby. where's the patch?

GAZZ16
10-02-2009, 04:59 PM
As I've seen on the VT2009 sega forum a patch has been released yesterday for the PS3!
So the Xbox patch won't be so far away anymore!!

Looking forward...

GAZZ16
10-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Yesterday by Ruby (SEGA forum administrator):

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I got to bring you guys some good news, but today I'm here to update you all on the new VT09 patch that has just released for Europe, and the US counterpart which will be releasing very soon. The patch fixes a number of issues, many of which were reported by all of you guys here on the boards and through help.sega.com - so thank you, first and foremost, to the many Virtua Tennis fans out there who helped improve the game by sending in those reports!

While I'm not cleared to release all the specifics just yet, there were a couple I did want to mention - most notably the improvements to online lag, the more recent reports about the 146 error, and the bundle of smaller updates that will fix and polish a number of game facets.

First, some of you may have already noticed that European players are reporting that 146 is no longer an issue, and they are able to move up the ranks normally again. (Thank you to the players who confirmed this!)

In addition, there have been improvements made to reduce the amount of online lag players experience during worldwide matches. I know that some of you have never had issues here, but it should help a bit for those players who were having trouble with lag or slow network speeds.

Lastly, besides the confirmed trophy fix reports, there's a slew of minor updates and improvements going out that will polish up a number of aspects of the game. Most of them are small (for example, fixing the color of the rounded glasses in the shop), but they are all still improvements, and I think all of us as fans agree - the more improvements, the better.

US Players will be seeing this patch soon on PS3 and Xbox 360, and I'll post here to update you guys as soon as it goes out. If you're European, please check out the new patch and let us know here or at help.sega.com if you run into any issues. I know there may be some existing issues which are still open, and if so please direct an additional ticket towards SEGA Support, so they have it documented. If you've already got a ticket open, you can just reply to the old one and it will bump up automatically.

This patch has been a long time coming, so thanks again for everyone's patience as our dev team and production teams worked to fix the issues, test the fixes, get approvals on the patches, and finally take it live.

I'll also still be around, so feel free to hit me up with a PM anytime.

Thanks all - more news on the US release coming soon!

WoodsMonk
10-07-2009, 12:26 PM
About F***ing time:p

now to find my game as it has went walkies:p

Thanks GAZZ16:drunk

I PERVYPRIEST I
10-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Anyone got coronation to unlock just beat KoP again but no achievement and I'm in the UK.

kbg27
10-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Hey guys,

I haven't played this game much (still in Amateur ranks).

Just wondered what problems these glitches have been causing? So that I am aware when/if I encounter them!

Also, where can I get the patch to fix the glitches? To try and avoid them!

Sjaak NL
10-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi,

I`m number one, but i do not have the sega cap and the sunglasses, how do i get them?? and how do get the Block and Roll achievement?