PDA

View Full Version : Airplanes are horrible!!

CaRvErS HeRe
07-13-2009, 04:54 PM
i dont like how you have to control them, there not hard to control but there slow and sometimes it starts goin up instead of down whn im telling it to go down

pinkfluff1
07-13-2009, 05:21 PM
try inverting the controls. You can do it easily in the options and it only effects flight. Made it easier for me.

SevDelta
07-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Well, considering they are the fastest vehicle in the game and can go from one end of the map to the other in seconds, I wouldn't say they're slow. And with the controls, you're probably stalling the plane out. Just use the tutorial to get used to the controls or change them.

Elit3 m0nkey
07-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Use the tutorial. After a few minutes of flying people are generally able to fly the plane decently (ie not crashing as soon as taking off).

Tip for next time, don't name your thread "Planes are horrible". People will think you hate planes.

CGPsaint
07-13-2009, 05:39 PM
i dont like how you have to control them, there not hard to control but there slow and sometimes it starts goin up instead of down whn im telling it to go down

So what we have here is not the fact that planes are horrible, but that you don't quite comprehend how to fly them. Your best bet is to hop into the tutorial and fly around until you get the hang of it, or else leave the flying to people that can make a larger contribution to the team with them. Maybe tanks are more your thing, but if you think that planes are slow, then you aren't going to like tanks! :p

A Satyr
07-13-2009, 05:42 PM
I just hate the fact you cant do a backflip

PunkyV2
07-13-2009, 07:59 PM
well, i can see how you don't like airplanes, but in my opinion it is the best vehicle/weapon in the game

TLOR FETT
07-13-2009, 08:16 PM
I love getting a scout flying a plane around bombing then parachute into their base and snipe.

CaRvErS HeRe
07-13-2009, 09:51 PM
So what we have here is not the fact that planes are horrible, but that you don't quite comprehend how to fly them. Your best bet is to hop into the tutorial and fly around until you get the hang of it, or else leave the flying to people that can make a larger contribution to the team with them. Maybe tanks are more your thing, but if you think that planes are slow, then you aren't going to like tanks! :p

lol well no i can fly thm now and still think there horrid lol, tanks i like coz thy are the same as battlefield BC and i love tanks there lol so these are just the same lol

CaRvErS HeRe
07-13-2009, 09:54 PM
lol well i can now fly the plane :P but is till think tht they are horrid and i am not using thm ever again after gettin me kill achievement lol :P

but thanks to all saying bout tutorial, but i never acually went into ther lol i just kep flying about an getin the hang of it lol

Purge
07-13-2009, 09:58 PM
After crashing about five times I got the hang of it, with practice comes perfect. Although I came to this thread hoping to diss EasyJet and other horrible companies haha.

DrJonan
07-13-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm improving quite a lot now, I couldn't get a single kill with it any more. I can assure myself a few now.

In at Man
07-13-2009, 10:20 PM
I just hate the fact you cant do a backflip

Backflip? Do you mean a nose up 360 roll? Because I've done that and inverted rolls. Just make sure that you're up to top speed.

To the OP: Try switching the controls to lefty. This help me immensely. Then like others said, invert the controls and practice on the tutorial. After about ten minutes, I was skimming the water and flying under the bridges on Guadalcanal.

l.maciver
07-13-2009, 11:32 PM
change the controls around, i did that with the vehicals so it reminds me of the warthog on halo. easier. the planes arnt that hard, took some practice but i think im ready for the 24 air plane battles.

Gun-Nut
07-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Once I inverted the controls and started flying using the cockpit view I was fine :)

Canuklehead
07-14-2009, 01:03 AM
It took me a while to get the hang of flying, but now, I love it! Have a tough time strafe-bombing, but I try to dive-bomb as much as I can to make up for that.

Getting pretty good...

Kinda wish people would get off the carriers and into the fight, though... the first five minutes of every match, there's almost always three or four people just slacking around on the carrier waiting for a fighter to re-spawn.

Louis BCFC1875
07-14-2009, 01:34 AM
The Airplanes are piss easy to control, shooting is a bit odd though.

oXStarKillerXo
07-14-2009, 02:19 AM
^ Agreed. took me a while to get the hang of actually killing moving targets with the
plane... but with practice & persistence you can easily become a kickass fighter pilot.

All prepping for the Coral map eh? ;)

I also inverted the controls... this makes flying much much easier for me too.

ZundayXx
07-14-2009, 08:24 AM
For the love of god people its not the game!! The planes come from the second fucking world war they're not strato boosting super missile packing fighter planes!! THOSE THINGS HAD PROBLEMS!! Its pretty realisitic... and the fact that it sometimes goes up is your crappy flying skills making you bump into somthing.

Mother Beef
07-14-2009, 10:16 AM
I respect/hate (jealousy) anyone that can properly drop the bombs on a moving target i bow down to there abilities. Also planes don't seem to bother the common Sniper/Infantry that i am so they are nice to observe.

I hate tanks tho, like i enjoy being in them and owning, but i think they are way to strong against rockets, the fact that 3 (all a infantry can hold before needing do reload) rockets from the front (maybe 1 or 2 at the side) doesn't destroy the tank is useless, not to mention that grenades do nothing, so you have no choice but to shoot them in the back (hoping that the ridiculously strong/accurate "coax" gun doesn't tear you apart) twice.

Thats the only problem that really stresses me.

Louis BCFC1875
07-14-2009, 12:48 PM
^ Agreed. took me a while to get the hang of actually killing moving targets with the
plane... but with practice & persistence you can easily become a kickass fighter pilot.

All prepping for the Coral map eh? ;)

I also inverted the controls... this makes flying much much easier for me too.

Yeah boi, i'll be taking them planes down left, right, and center, it's going to be madness, planes flying into eachother all over the joint. :D

D00mM4r1n3
07-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Anyone else crank the sensitivity to max? I find it makes using anti-air guns much easier, in addition to flying.

ZundayXx
07-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Anyone else crank the sensitivity to max? I find it makes using anti-air guns much easier, in addition to flying.

Can you set your sensitivity of Foot Soldier/Pilot diferent? ( Like: Soldier : 30% Pilot : 100% )

guillermo316
07-14-2009, 07:16 PM
yeah, they're pretty hard to control.

Da_moopintot
07-14-2009, 07:27 PM
Theres absolutley nothing wrong with the airplanes in this game, everyone justs sucks at using them. They couldn't be simpler

A Satyr
07-14-2009, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=In at Man;2159580]Backflip? Do you mean a nose up 360 roll? Because I've done that and inverted rolls. Just make sure that you're up to top speed.[QUOTE] Thats weird, maybe its just the tutorial but i just did it like 10 times in a row where as every other time i just stall out... I guess i have no hate for the plane after all

Manic Ado
07-15-2009, 01:40 AM
im really good at flying planes, they aint that bad ;)

thealmighty1200
07-15-2009, 07:11 AM
I respect/hate (jealousy) anyone that can properly drop the bombs on a moving target i bow down to there abilities. Also planes don't seem to bother the common Sniper/Infantry that i am so they are nice to observe.

I hate tanks tho, like i enjoy being in them and owning, but i think they are way to strong against rockets, the fact that 3 (all a infantry can hold before needing do reload) rockets from the front (maybe 1 or 2 at the side) doesn't destroy the tank is useless, not to mention that grenades do nothing, so you have no choice but to shoot them in the back (hoping that the ridiculously strong/accurate "coax" gun doesn't tear you apart) twice.

Thats the only problem that really stresses me.

I regulary blow tanks up and i always use the rifleman. bout 6-10 grenades will do the trick, and the turret is sooooo slow its really easy to dodge the fire from the tank.

charette1796
07-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi
Me too I am not good at plane but i start to practice a lot. Hope not to finish again under the sea !!!

Good game !

exo-apollo
07-16-2009, 09:22 AM
I used to be very good at flying them in 1942, but I haven't really had a crack at them in 1943 yet.

NAMMY
07-16-2009, 11:46 PM
The planes aren't too hard (after inverting the controls, though I haven't figured out if you're meant to lead your target when dogfighting - it takes me forever to shoot a bandit down, but seconds for them!

SevDelta
07-17-2009, 01:54 AM
The planes aren't too hard (after inverting the controls, though I haven't figured out if you're meant to lead your target when dogfighting - it takes me forever to shoot a bandit down, but seconds for them!
Yes, lead your target. It takes me about 2-3 seconds to shoot someone down if I get on their tail.

Rifle Elite
07-17-2009, 07:27 AM
Yup found that out too the hard way... Was impossible for me to destroy other planes when they were taking a corner, so I tried to lead my shots and ever since then Im average at dogfighting ^^ Used to be the world most crappiest pilot

DENAz666
07-17-2009, 08:03 AM
I have no problems flying, i consider myself pretty good. But i'm useless at getting kills, mainly due to lag, so thats why i just simply stay away from the planes :P That way everyone is happy :)

NAMMY
07-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Cheers, just have to practice then!

wolvieware
07-17-2009, 09:00 PM
I hate the planes, and coral sea just sucks. Think I'll avoid that game mode now. I just don't find it much fun struggling with the controls like that. But saying that, the controls for the planes here are not as bad as the helicopter ones in Bad Company! Lol!

OctagonQontrol
07-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Same here; I despise the controls of the planes. Still, have to fight myself to get 50 kills (for ingame award) sometime sooner or later, averaging only 2.1 kills on a round of Coral Sea. Still, makes for some nice pastime and adding up to the 100 matches achievement.

ZundayXx
07-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Hating someone because you're not good at it is rather funny...
People seem to not know the fact that the Tutorial actually helps your flying skills. And looking at the control scheme for the Fighter in the options menu helps allot aswell.