PDA

View Full Version : Need some plane tips

Rifle Elite
07-13-2009, 06:20 PM
YUp 2nd topic in 5 minutes...

I absolutely suck at using a plane. So far Ive only got 1 kill with the plane (apart from mid-air collisions) and that was only because the other guy's plane already was nearly destroyed.

I just dont get it what I do wrong. The problem isnt that I cant put any bullets in other planes, its just that every single time Im flying a plane someone manages to get behind me and no matter what I do, I always lose. Ive tried doing sharp turns, I tried to fly really low, even tried to do barrel rolls to make it harder for them to hit me but nothing works. It always seems that whenever someone gets behind me they have like guided-bullets that always hit me, no matter what I do.

Can anyone here who is experienced at flying planes tell me how to properly destroy another plane with a plane, without trying to collide in mid-air (as that seems to be the only way for me to get kills lol) Now Im like a Japanese kamikaze pilot who tries to crash into other vehicles and planes

Elit3 m0nkey
07-13-2009, 06:24 PM
LEAD YOUR TARGET! That is the most important tip there is. Fire in burst as well so you don't overheat the guns. Learn when to bail as well so you don't die. It just takes time to become good.

big red marino
07-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Have you tried the tutorials. They give you free roam and the ability to fly the planes w/o worrying about anything else.

Rifle Elite
07-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Read my post. I have no problems with hitting targets nor do I have problems with keeping my plane under control. Its just that I need tips for when Im being chased; my plane always gets screwed within 5 seconds

CGPsaint
07-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Do you use yaw at all? Instead of just using the pitch and roll to evade, lay off of the roll a little bit, slow your plan down and use yaw to the left or right to turn tighter. This helps when chasing and being chased. If all else fails, try to pull up and over in a loop and then try to reorient yourself with your target. If they are still on your tail, try mixing up turns and loops until you are clear.

Madmax410
07-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Hint: Playing as the Americans? Bail over their carrier and jack a Zero. It's so much better at moving than the American plane. That's probably why your getting killed when being followed, because Zeros can pull off turns the American plane just isn't capable of.

Anyway, use the yaw too. Instead of doing a full 90 degree turn so your on your side, turn only to about 45 degrees and yaw in the direction you want to turn while pulling up. So if you want to make a sharp right turn, bank the plane forty five degrees to the right (like you would to make a normal turn) pull up while yawing right. Could put you behind them

And BTW, you don't necessarily have to be directly lined up behind them. Just try to hit them whenever you can, but don't overheat.

Rifle Elite
07-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Wow, I changed to cockpit view and now im like 10 times better. I used to get about 1 kill per match on coral sea with the outside-view but now that I use cockpit-view Im often in top half of my team ^^