PDA

View Full Version : Not very good balancing.

Elit3 m0nkey
07-13-2009, 06:29 PM
H as anyone else notice how bad the team balancing is in this game. Half the time I play my team ends up being terrible and we lose badly.

CGPsaint
07-13-2009, 07:08 PM
It would be nice to have a true skill ranking system, but long story short, even games like COD 4 don't do a very good job of balancing the teams. I have lost the majority of the games that I have played in BF1943 because I always get stuck with the lamebrains who all camp the airplane spawns and don't do anything to help the team. Nothing makes me leave a game faster than seeing 4-5 of my teammates all waiting for and fighting over a plane spawn. One other thing to remember with this game and even COD4, high rank doesn't automatically equal good player. If you play long enough you can attain any rank in the game. All it comes down to is how much time you want to put into it.

Canuklehead
07-14-2009, 01:07 AM
It's been mixed, for me. I can't complain, too loudly.

Although, I do agree; it would be nice to see some perfectly even rank/troop match-ups.

KostinKid
07-14-2009, 01:21 AM
Today I was playing with a buddy and we were the only people on are team capping flags.Everybody else on are team was screwing around else were.I was averaging around 600-700 points a game with like 13 kills or less just because of all the caps I was getting.

oXStarKillerXo
07-14-2009, 02:16 AM
I've been on the winning team very often... so i'm not complaining.
perhaps you've just been unlucky with the team selection?

MarcoPolo360
07-14-2009, 02:56 AM
Best thing to do is have someone else with you and go around capturing in a tank. It is possible to be a 2 man army. Make sure you're a support class though (the one with the wrench) so you can fix your tank if you come close to dying. Other than that - Leave the match.

Mother Beef
07-14-2009, 10:27 AM
2 Matches ago i tippled the score of the person on the opposite team coming first yet my team still failed terribly.

JC Elite
07-15-2009, 01:58 AM
I don't think the balancing in this game is any worse than any other online game I have played. It's just luck of the draw really on which team you get placed on. I just keep trying to do the objective and don't worry about most of my lame-brain teammates.

cool4joe
07-16-2009, 01:18 PM
The main problem with this and seems to be every Battlefield game, is that the people playing are retarded. No one joins squads, captures flags, defends bases, or basically works as a team. People are so used to the run and gun games like CoD or Halo that they just don't understand that you can't go for straight kills and win every time. If they did include TrueSkill, then half of the people with higher scores are the ones that are just going for kills.

Jimbo76
07-16-2009, 01:26 PM
I have won a few, lost a few. sometimes i find im on a great team, other times im teamed up with a bunch of idiots fighting each other over who gets the planes. to be honest, i dont really care if my team wins or loses as long as I have had a good game. number of kills, points etc. thats all that bothers me.

StumblesMcGee
07-16-2009, 01:43 PM
One thing really getting to me is how I join a game in a squad w/friends and then after one round, it splits my squad up and puts us on different teams. WTF? It totally defeats the concept of having a squad to begin with.

Rifle Elite
07-16-2009, 03:28 PM
I think its because most people just dont want to play war/territories game mode every time. Im done with it too. I just want to have some fun and kill my opponents, not care about those stupid flags everytime

exo-apollo
07-17-2009, 05:19 AM
Yeah it's not too bad. The worst I've found so far has been Red Faction Guerilla. For some reason, even though I play well in it, I've won like 21 and lost 50 or so.

DENAz666
07-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Nah i find it pretty even, have as many bad games as good ones

OctagonQontrol
07-17-2009, 07:44 PM
One thing really getting to me is how I join a game in a squad w/friends and then after one round, it splits my squad up and puts us on different teams. WTF? It totally defeats the concept of having a squad to begin with.
Not really, as soon as the amount of peeps in a room doesn't change, as soon as next round starts, you can press Start (not Guide), invite to squad and select peeps from there. Yet, it takes a few more seconds which you could've used to cap a flag but it seems to hold steady from there.

Example:
XBL party -> Join Game with Friends
Play round 1 as squad
Start round 2 as loose members
Press Start, invite peeps
Be squad forever

But that is just my observation from playing 2H with a friend of mine recently.

eshewitt
07-18-2009, 01:52 AM
I agree it is very rare when I get to play a game that is not one sided.

exo-apollo
07-18-2009, 02:22 AM
Maybe they are doing something about it, or maybe more people are starting to realise that they should be taking flag, because the last few games I've played have been extremely well balanced. And this was in three different servers.