PDA

View Full Version : Windows Live Space - x360a

Wee Benny 2k7
07-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Self explanatory.

Facebook Group, MySpace page, ... It's the next link in the chain is it not? It's also expanding out to more people.

EDIT: For those of you that do not know, Windows Live Space is very similar to MySpace, but is a linked network between your Windows Live Hotmail, which makes it a very efficient choice for a blog/page.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=windows+live+space

SengIV
07-13-2009, 11:39 PM
What the hell is Windows Live Space?

Teh BeZ
07-13-2009, 11:43 PM
you mean like msn, i'm confused lol sorry :(

The Pants Party
07-14-2009, 01:07 AM
What the hell is Windows Live Space?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=windows+live+space

dakisbac
07-17-2009, 03:03 AM
Lol. Always love seeing a LMGTFY link.

These stupid things have been around long before Myspace/Facebook although they were primitive, and I really don't think the site needs one. They're not that popular, which is given since many don't even know what it is

Wee Benny 2k7
07-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Isn't popular?

It's linked with your MSN/Windows Live messenger address, so unless your oblivious to that.. It is actually quite popular.

[Waggly Bean]
07-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Isn't popular?

It's linked with your MSN/Windows Live messenger address, so unless your oblivious to that.. It is actually quite popular.

Well I've used Hotmail for about 10 years, and have often seen the option to put stuff up on it. But I've never felt the need, and looking at the profiles of people in my Hotmail addresses, hardly anyone uses it at all. They might have uploaded a profile pic, but that's it.

On the other hand, loads of people on the same list use Facebook. And if I'm not mistaken, Facebook also ties in with your Hotmail account if you sign up to it with that, as it checks your addresses and suggests people to add on there. So Facebook essentially does the same thing.

Just because you and your friends use it, doesn't mean it is popular.

I'm agreeing with xodakok that it's not really needed.

Wee Benny 2k7
07-17-2009, 04:57 PM
;2172572']Well I've used Hotmail for about 10 years, and have often seen the option to put stuff up on it. But I've never felt the need, and looking at the profiles of people in my Hotmail addresses, hardly anyone uses it at all. They might have uploaded a profile pic, but that's it.

On the other hand, loads of people on the same list use Facebook. And if I'm not mistaken, Facebook also ties in with your Hotmail account if you sign up to it with that, as it checks your addresses and suggests people to add on there. So Facebook essentially does the same thing.

Ok. I disagree with you. You have totally different friends and that isn't my problem.

[Waggly Bean]
07-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Ok. I disagree with you. You have totally different friends and that isn't my problem.

Yeah we do have different friends, that much is true. And you're correct it isn't your problem. I don't really know who's problem you're saying it is - didn't even know there was a problem with me having different friends but OK... :rolleyes:

Anyway, from the responses so far in this thread, you have this breakdown:
People who think it's worthwhile: 1 (you)
People who don't know what it is: 2
People who don't think it's worth it: 2

You've also then got to consider the amount of people that read the thread and chose not to comment - it's had 68 views at the time of writing this. I can only assume that the people reading it and not commenting assumed it to not be worth their time to comment. Now that doesn't suggest it's too popular a service to me.

So anyway, I stand by my original post (and xodakok's) in saying that it doesn't seem too popular to me, and that it is not really worth doing. :)

Fizzmatix
07-17-2009, 08:17 PM
;2172572']Well I've used Hotmail for about 10 years, and have often seen the option to put stuff up on it. But I've never felt the need, and looking at the profiles of people in my Hotmail addresses, hardly anyone uses it at all. They might have uploaded a profile pic, but that's it.

That pretty much sums it up, I have seen msn spaces for ages but will never use it as it's next to pointless. When you have myspace and facebook which almost everyone uses there is no need to use a service which microsoft setup to try and compete which it really doesn't.

Half the time even viewing those spaces they don't even load or are set to private. It's an ok idea to suggest but it wouldn't take off and there would be no point in having one seeing as out of all the people I know 1 person only knows what that is and still doesn't use it.

I'm not to fond of these community websites, i opened a myspace page in 2005 and it just bascically sits there as I have no real use for it what so ever, never bothered with facebook as it would just do the same.

Not sure what the big craze is about them, guess it's just another fad that will die out soon enough :Bounce:

Bearded Bugs
07-17-2009, 10:48 PM
;2173801']You've also then got to consider the amount of people that read the thread and chose not to comment - it's had 68 views at the time of writing this. I can only assume that the people reading it and not commenting assumed it to not be worth their time to comment. I wasn't going to post anything in the thread, but then I saw this post, and it summed me up nicely, so I'm posting saying I don't think a Live Spaces group is a great idea at all. I have a lot of MSN/Hotmail/Live contacts, and I've only noticed a handful of them using Live Spaces, and even then it's sporadically.