PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Boosting Calendar

Wee Benny 2k7
07-14-2009, 12:09 AM
An organized method of arranging boosting sessions.

Concept v1
Where is it found?
A link to it could be listed on the Achievement Trading Thread of each game.

How will this help?
Once you open the Calendar, it will be in the time zone of whatever x360a is ( Bottom of the page it states +1 ) and people can pick a day and write in a message of what your boosting, what time, how long, and the amount of people needed. People can then view the calendar, view all the different boosting sessions at different times etc. and if they want to be a part of the boosting party then they can either post a reply under the notes about the boosting session. Alternatively, you could click a button to join the group.

At the moment, it's just an idea. It hasn't been though through too much but its a start and needs mainly thinking on how to execute the idea.

Concept v2
One big calendar, and you can use a checklist ( Below the calendar ) to filter what games it would show on the calendar.
5 can be checked at a time, to avoid confusion.
You would post an event on at the same time, with a maximum amount of boosting sessions per game, Ideally 10.
The calendar could be weekly or monthly, weekly would keep it less clogged up.

Hope you guys like. :)
Also post which you prefer.

AOS Puck
07-14-2009, 12:39 AM
The time zone at the bottom of the page is relevant to each individual user's time zone, there isn't a "x360a" standard time zone.

The Pants Party
07-14-2009, 01:05 AM
The time zone at the bottom of the page is relevant to each individual user's time zone, there isn't a "x360a" standard time zone.

Well if they don't choose one, it is defaulted to Routine's location in Norway actually.

Regardless, individual users setting up their own boosting through the achievement trading threads has and always will be the simplest method. If you want to make it a bit more interactive, feel free to use the Social Groups.

Wee Benny 2k7
07-14-2009, 02:08 AM
To be truthful, the topic isn't about the time zone.

@The Pants Party: Loads of people are always looking for boosting groups on a forum thread, and someone hosting a boosting party's post could of been pages away on the thread thus leaving people boostingnessless. :/

PS: Answer my PM please?

kaleido42
07-14-2009, 02:30 AM
I quite like this idea, in theory. The idea that a person could look at this calendar, see if people are boosting games they own (instead of going to each individual game page), and then easily finding matches. Kind of like one big communal swimming pool. Problem with that is it easily gets overfilled, abused, dirty, etc. Basically what I'm saying is that your idea is good in theory, but in the end it would most likely cause more hassle than anything. Would help for some less popular games/games that don't get that much attention. It would put it out there for everyone to see so that you might get that one other person who would have it, but again I see it causing to much hassle. Strong chance I think of people posting their own boosting party when there's already another one there, or other similar issues. Regardless it sounds like its already been unofficially shut down.

Wee Benny 2k7
07-14-2009, 02:52 AM
Obviously they would have to be maintained.

Another concept.
One big calendar, and you can use a checklist ( Below the calendar ) to filter what games it would show on the calendar.
You would post an event on at the same time, with a maximum amount of boosting sessions per game, Ideally 10.

kaleido42
07-14-2009, 02:59 AM
Obviously they would have to be maintained.

Another concept.

Your making this too good. I got a feeling though that its not going to be accepted:(. And lets not forget all of the extra work for Routine.

Wee Benny 2k7
07-14-2009, 03:01 AM
Your making this too good. I got a feeling though that its not going to be accepted:(. And lets not forget all of the extra work for Routine.

Hehe, I reckon it could be accepted, with some changes and stuff.
I'll add concept #2 to the OP.

kaleido42
07-14-2009, 03:30 AM
They both seem quite the same except #2 seems better for those of us that actually use the checklists (remember that some of the members here don't, I especially notice this with some of the senior members) and in the end I don't think it would really make that much difference to a lot of us. #2 would also mean more work for RX, once again doesn't affect us.

In the end #1 sounds better, or a combo of them, if this ever worked out.

xBloodxEaglex
07-14-2009, 03:36 AM
Great Idea

I dont Boost currently have no online games

But i think this would help orginise the boosting alot more

Wee Benny 2k7
07-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Thanks for your feedback guys!

Rhiot
07-16-2009, 10:54 PM
I think this would expand the amoount of boosters, because I usually don't boost but I would be tempted with this calender idea beacuase it would be a way more organized way of doing things.

zeppelin315
07-17-2009, 12:15 AM
this is a wonderful way to get are members together to get gamerscore.

Great idea