PDA

View Full Version : I have a suggestion, if I may

FishSquared
07-14-2009, 03:16 AM
When I, and many people I've talked to, visit this website we love the guides and community feedback on helping obtaining achievements for all of our games.

Congrats on the fantastic site, first and foremost. However, may I suggest something to make life easier for the thousands who visit for guides and answers.

The gamercard of your registered user information, in the top left of the screen at all times, shows your currently played games (obviously). For me, my last played game is Lost Odyssey. I need guides up the ying for this one, as you may know, so I frequent not just this website, but Lost Odysseys page as well.

Now, my suggestion is, instead of constantly typing in "lost odyssey" whenever I want to double check my guides or hints for the game, have a link embedded into your gamercard that is in the top left so that when you click on the games you have played, you can go STRAIGHT to the page.

It would just make things a lot more convienent, in seeing how unless you play multiplayer, the recent games in your card up there is usually something you're playing and want to get achievements in.

For example, just to make myself clear, if you click on the Lost Odyssey image in your gamercard in the top left, (The symbol for the game found on your Xbox as well) this website will redirect you to this page

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/lost-odyssey/overview/

Seems like an idea, so if you guys hate me, or think it's stupid, let me know and I'll pretend like I never posted it.

Cheers and thanks again.

kaleido42
07-14-2009, 03:46 AM
It's an interesting idea but it seems like a lot of extra work to put into something that really doesn't matter that much. If your too lazy to type it in each time you can access it very quickly if you happen to use the checklists. That would be my only suggestion. The actual idea, I don't think it will get very far. Correction, in all honesty I don't think it will get anywhere. Guess we'll have to wait and see though:).

SKIBADABOMSKI
07-14-2009, 04:12 AM
I think thats a great idea but how hard it would be to set up i don't know but wouldn't it be cool to just log in and click your little recent games and be directed to the forum of that game. If it was applied i think everyone would do it.

The Pants Party
07-14-2009, 04:19 AM
Not possible. The amount of possible combinations of this for hundreds of thousands of members would run the server ragged and drag down the performance of the site, if it didn't crash it altogether.

If you use a guide or forum often, why not just bookmark it on your browser for ease of access?

xBloodxEaglex
07-14-2009, 04:25 AM
Just google

Lost oddesy achievement list
or
Lost oddesy achievement guide

Evil Demon55
07-14-2009, 09:29 AM
I think I understand. I like it. Like it shows 5 recently played games. Under that gamercard should be 3 links, the last 3 played games. For me:

Gears of War 2, Penny Arcade, Alien Hominoid. You would click 1 of these links to go to the guide. It would be nice, but might take a while to code... such lazyness :p.

The Pants Party
07-14-2009, 12:21 PM
... such lazyness :p.

No, as I explained above, such drag on the server to the point of an unusable website. You think we shoot down ideas because we're lazy? If something would be a good fit for the site and make us better, we'd work our asses off to implement it, but if the feature would do more harm than good, why would we do that to ourselves?

Fizzmatix
07-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Like pants said it would kill the website. It's a pretty decent idea but the website would just turn into a mass of blank loading pages.

It would require so much extra work to get that system to work also as the gamercard in the top left is pulled information from the xbox servers if i remember correctly. Pulling and mixing information would be a nightmare.

FishSquared
07-15-2009, 04:50 AM
Alright well no problem, just a suggestion.

As always thanks again for at least reading/considering.

Cheers.