PDA

View Full Version : Will Night Vision Goggles actully work like real ones?

xBloodxEaglex
07-14-2009, 08:00 AM
http://www.nightvision.com.au/groups.php?page=Night_Vision_Goggles

Look at the Night Vision Goggle Price

Will these actully work!??!?!?!?!

I mean like, Full seeing at night

JohnnyR74
07-14-2009, 08:54 AM
I assume they are a pretty decent pair of night vision goggles, otherwise IW is robbing everyone.

..although they wont be as expensive as the ones in the link.

Simzo
07-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Think about it, the whole package will be something like $130, so the night vision goggles won't be good at all in comparison to the ones from the link. I think they just look like real ones but the actual night vision part won't be good.

NightUlf
07-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Think about it, the whole package will be something like $130, so the night vision goggles won't be good at all in comparison to the ones from the link. I think they just look like real ones but the actual night vision part won't be good.
:whs
I don't think that for the price they will be proper goggles, just good imitations.

KNUCKS x360a
07-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Memories of last year.....

Dreaming of playing my brand new CoD WaW, supping old man whiskey out of my CoD Canteen.

Whats this?.....Its glued shut??.....Fake you say?!......NOOOOOO! :(

NightUlf
07-14-2009, 09:11 AM
Memories of last year.....

Dreaming of playing my brand new CoD WaW, supping old man whiskey out of my CoD Canteen.

Whats this?.....Its glued shut??.....Fake you say?!......NOOOOOO! :(
lol yeah I remember that, what a shame as it was a nice canteen! :)

Nozza XBA
07-14-2009, 09:28 AM
U'll never know unless someone has tried them for real or until you get them yourself .. for me I dont want to risk it. Hopefully later on you may be able to buy them separatly from the the game+ extras.

judagrmn
07-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Of course these are going to be garbage! And every idiot kid out there that gets their mommy and daddy (well just his credit card) to get them will realize they suck. But then the kids will probably just get their parents to go and buy them real night vision goggles because they will want a taste of what the real shit can do. Can't let down little Johnny and his dream of seeing in the dark!

xBloodxEaglex
07-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Lol k, Should i still Pre-order..

Halo ODST or CoD4.. Halo= Friends getting
CoD= No friends are getting..

ill go with Halo,

KNUCKS x360a
07-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Does anyone else see the potential for disaster here?

A bunch of hyped-up kids, with military imitation night goggles, thinking they can go around the place using their CoD (VIDEO GAME) skills on innocent folks at night?...

Great!
Freaking aforementioned 'little Johnny', BB gun, Wetsuit & NV goggles in hand, playing Splinter Cell for real in your neighbourhood! Nightmare! (& media circus!)

:p

Nozza XBA
07-14-2009, 10:58 AM

ill go with Halo,

WTF???

Get both or if you cant afford to or parents only let you get one Get CoD!

ODST is a new game but when you play online you'll just be playing Halo3 = pointless!

Does anyone else see the potential for disaster here?

A bunch of hyped-up kids, with military imitation night goggles, thinking they can go around the place using their CoD (VIDEO GAME) skills on innocent folks at night?...

Great!
Freaking aforementioned 'little Johnny', BB gun, Wetsuit & NV goggles in hand, playing Splinter Cell for real in your neighbourhood! Nightmare! (& media circus!)

:p

Im with ya there Knucks *HIGH FIVE*

Iv already pre-ordered the game from my store so im not going back on Deposite to get this. All I want is this game so I can have the best CoD experiance EVER!

Flammy
07-14-2009, 04:16 PM

ill go with Halo,

CoD4? or MW2?

as to all the other comments above... i really hope they are decent quality. they could start a new trend as to providing real goodies in the higher editions.

i was happy to see that when in the video he turned them on that the bulbs in the front did not light up, which ether means there are no batteries in it, or that the small bulbs produce light that it outside the human spectrum. which is how real night vision work... produce/collect reflections of light that is otherwise invisible to humans. better than just having a bunch of red LEDs like crappy fake night vision goggles.

EDIT: this is the method the goggles will likely use, rather than a passive night vision (this means that if you and a friend are both using these goggles, it would appear that you each have a large flashlight attached to your head)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_vision#Active_infrared

EDIT 2: just found this info (about night vision in cars, but relates)
Active systems

Pros: higher resolution image, superior picture of inanimate objects, works better in warmer conditions, smaller sensor can be mounted to rearview mirror.
Cons: does not work as well in fog or rain, lower contrast for animals, shorter range of 150-200 meters or 500-650 feet

Passive systems

Pros: greater range of about 300 meters or 1,000 feet, higher contrast for living objects
Cons: grainy, lower resolution image, works poorly in warmer weather conditions, larger sensor

MarcoPolo360
07-14-2009, 10:01 PM

ill go with Halo,
You don't even have a gold xbox live account lol... still i don't know why you would rather get halo over CoD... considering every halo after 2 was pretty lame imo

XPL1C1T GAM3R
07-15-2009, 10:46 AM
You don't even have a gold xbox live account lol... still i don't know why you would rather get halo over CoD... considering every halo after 2 was pretty lame imo

and you actually checked to see if he was a gold member now that is pure sadness

Genesis x360a
07-15-2009, 11:06 AM
There not going to be top grade A NVG's, Its 90 for the full package, The game itself is 45 for the hardened edition, So the NVG's would cost you around 45, These are going to be made in the cheapest plastic and with the cheapest components known to man, and run off a couple of batteries. You get what you pay for.

Im guessing there only going to give minimal view in the dark, Im sure there going to break very easily and be uncomfortable to wear. As posted above the Canteen what you got with WaW was glued shut! Probally because the metal/tin would perish over time with usage.

Needless to say this is an awesome collecters edition and i for one will be getting them.

Deadly Moves
07-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Even if there not the best quality, at least they'll be more usefull than the Spartan Helmet that came with the Legendary Edition of Halo3. That just sits in my room collecting dust. And i cant even put it on my head :(

!xobile
07-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Even if there not the best quality, at least they'll be more usefull than the Spartan Helmet that came with the Legendary Edition of Halo3. That just sits in my room collecting dust. And i cant even put it on my head :(

actually you can wear it if you like take out everything in the inside lol (one of my retarded did that)

Also ye the NVG must be like the cheapest quality since the cheapest pair i could fine was for 160

MCDime2
07-15-2009, 12:05 PM
i eat carrots so i dont need the goggles.

maybe they could have a budget prestige edition pack, with sack of carrots.

seriously though, why the hell does anyone want pair of night vision goggles anyway? clipping toenails in the middle of the night? its not like they're going to enhance the game in anyway.

....or are they?

phate89 0
07-15-2009, 02:00 PM
i have written a 2 page answer in another thread, check the MW2 main board.

Epilogue of Euphoria
07-15-2009, 07:24 PM
They may not be the best quality but they should be sufficiently functional. Either way, I'm gettin' one!

pX I Atticus
07-15-2009, 07:28 PM

dude the ones in the link are like army use i would guess. In the video he did say they will work

!xobile
07-16-2009, 12:40 AM
i eat carrots so i dont need the goggles.

maybe they could have a budget prestige edition pack, with sack of carrots.

seriously though, why the hell does anyone want pair of night vision goggles anyway? clipping toenails in the middle of the night? its not like they're going to enhance the game in anyway.

....or are they?
carrots dont work for everyone like me lol, i eat alot of carrots and my eyesight sucks. Anyway it be cool a pair if it works to some extent :)

KFZ Scrubs
07-16-2009, 03:34 AM
If you're that concerned whether they work or not, wait a day after release and check youtube.... people are bound to review it as soon as they get it.

lip splitter
07-16-2009, 09:18 AM
They are probally going to be a very cheap version but who knows. In todays economy and the amount they by all at once (just a guess of 200,000+) they probally got a really good deal. I just like the fact that they are thinking outside of the box and not just putting the basic "collectors" edition stuff in there. That being said I know I will buy the prestige.

MCDime2
07-16-2009, 10:07 AM
carrots dont work for everyone like me lol, i eat alot of carrots and my eyesight sucks. Anyway it be cool a pair if it works to some extent :)

if the carrots arent working you arent eating enough.

or another alternative to NVG's is the good old cat's eyes transplant.

tattie
07-16-2009, 02:46 PM
My friend works in an Airsoft shop and the owner has a lot of friends in the Military and he recently bought Military spec NVG scope (only one eye covered) which is what the army use, these are classed as Grade 3 NVG's. I tried them out and I could read the paper clear as day in a pitch black dark room. These cost 6000.

If we are getting a set of goggles which are worse than single scopes because with goggles you have no depth perception for like 150, I can assure you they will be incredibly poor quality and will have no definition when you use them.

I probably wont be getting them since the game on its own is costing 55.

KFZ Scrubs
07-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Basically the goggles are like the gears lancer.... nice to look at but not real

MarcoPolo360
07-16-2009, 06:07 PM
and you actually checked to see if he was a gold member now that is pure sadness
Are you retarded, or just blind? LOOK AT HIS SIGNATURE.

Kronos1982
07-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Just wait, all they'll be are goggles with really bright flashlights instead of NV lenses so people around you can see at night. Not you though, you can't see. Because there are two flashlights blocking your line of sight. Someone will have to hold your hand and guide you.

Coadster1
07-16-2009, 08:02 PM
That's what Infinity Ward is saying.

joshua777777
07-20-2009, 01:04 AM
These are working NVG, but cheap. There probably not up to much. It looks to me like they have a lot of infrared led's on the front (You can't see the light norammly) and it probably has a green filter inside !

In other words, waist of money.

veece16
07-20-2009, 01:09 AM

think for a second, the hardened is $80 the prestige edition is $150 so the goggles themselves are 70 bucks, the regular army issued goggles (NVG) sell anywhere from 4000 to 12000, but if you like to spy on your neighbor all night while eating chips and whackin it, be my guest

MarcoPolo360
07-20-2009, 01:19 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=161755

VladimirK
07-20-2009, 02:40 AM
think for a second, the hardened is $80 the prestige edition is $150 so the goggles themselves are 70 bucks, the regular army issued goggles (NVG) sell anywhere from 4000 to 12000, but if you like to spy on your neighbor all night while eating chips and whackin it, be my guest

I have now preordered...:woop::p

Pearson
07-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Either way I'm still getting the Prestige Edition, the NVG's may be cheap, but do you actually think they'd put in an expensive pair and sell the package at $150? At least it works unlike WaW's sealed canteen, at least they could've made it functional.

VladimirK
07-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Either way I'm still getting the Prestige Edition, the NVG's may be cheap, but do you actually think they'd put in an expensive pair and sell the package at $150? At least it works unlike WaW's sealed canteen, at least they could've made it functional.

Probably under too much pressure from all these jackasses going on about how alcohol is bad to let it be functional. :drunk

Dr.Feelgood
07-22-2009, 06:23 AM

Hey buddy what I do in my spare time is none of your business.

VladimirK
07-22-2009, 09:44 AM
It's actually amazing the amount of people who are whinging about the price.
And then showing that it's just sour grapes by saying about how it wouldn't work anyway.

Like on the front page I mean.

TpYourHouse
07-26-2009, 02:36 AM
I don't thin so, they are only 80 bucks I think, they will either mess up or have something horribly wrong with them, real nvg's are $300 + and those are the cheap ones.

phate89 0
07-26-2009, 01:20 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=161755 - a thread explaining hows the nvg's will work and how they wont.